What's new

Trump administration to end Iran deal waivers in a blow to Obama-era pact

I don’t see any cement there. Where is it?
Right where control rods go in. I might be wrong because the resolution of the photo is low, maybe they're capped?

By the way, those Ivy League US school students are not better than out Sharif and Tehran and etc students. They have more funding but they are not smarter. How do I know? Because I have experienced both.
I'm a student at Sharif University and there's a HUGE difference between Sharif and US Ivy League schools when it comes to graduate programs. Some departments of the Sharif University offer high quality undergrad courses that are probably better than undergrad courses offered at top US institutions, but when it comes to graduate courses, there's a huge difference between us. And it's ridiculous to compare our universities with them when it comes to frontier/mainstream research.

Last edited:
Right where control rods go in. I might be wrong because the resolution of the photo is low, but it seems to me that it has been filled with cement.

I'm a student at Sharif University and there's a HUGE difference between Sharif and US Ivy League schools when it comes to graduate programs. Some departments of the Sharif University offer high quality undergrad courses that are probably better than undergrad courses offered at top US institutions, but when it comes to graduate courses, there's a huge difference between us. And it's ridiculous to compare our universities with them when it comes to frontier/mainstream research.

d9u3qhywwaae18p-jpg.636364

I only see cement in two big pipes around the cables. Is that what you mean?

Regarding the universities:
Undergrad is better in Sharif. Grad students are as smart in Sharif but there is less of funding. However I have seen increasing industrial relationship and start up relationship which goes sometimes beyond US. Some of my mates have made advanced contribution in their PhDs which could be top 0.1% PhD work in US. They had better industrial relationships. It is a long story.

d9u3qhywwaae18p-jpg.636364

I only see cement in two big pipes around the cables. Is that what you mean?

Regarding the universities:
Undergrad is better in Sharif. Grad students are as smart in Sharif but there is less of funding. However I have seen increasing industrial relationship and start up relationship which goes sometimes beyond US.

No, this photo

d9u3qhyw-jpg.636363

I can't tell whether they are capped or filled with cement. Even if they're capped, we won't know whether they have been filled with cement or not.

It's not only about funding. There's little research done at Sharif now. Many professors are too lazy to offer high quality graduate courses. The quality of education drops sharply when you start your graduate studies. Sharif has a startup accelerator called SETAK that does absolutely nothing to support new ideas since at least 2 years ago. They are supporting startups in interdisciplinary fields though. Like stem cell research, 3D printing, etc. But it's nothing like cutting edge technologies that the US universities work on.

No, this photo

d9u3qhyw-jpg.636363

I can't tell whether they are capped or filled with cement. Even if they're capped, we won't know whether they have been filled with cement or not.

It's not only about funding. There's little research done at Sharif now. Many professors are too lazy to offer high quality graduate courses. The quality of education drops sharply when you start your graduate studies. Sharif has a startup accelerator called SETAK that does absolutely nothing to support new ideas since at least 2 years ago. They are supporting startups in interdisciplinary fields though. Like stem cell research, 3D printing, etc. But it's nothing like cutting edge technologies that the US universities work on.

I think they are capped.

Only few PhD thesis are cutting edge and most of them are similar to an average Iranian dissertation.

Last edited:
I think they are capped.

Only few PhD thesis are cutting edge and most of them are similar to an average Iranian dissertation.
Nevertheless, if they have filled the fuel bundle and adjuster rods with cement, then the calandria is as useless as a brick. They can as well use it in a windmill to grind wheat.

You talked about Ivy League schools. It's completely insane to compare the quality of dissertations done at a place like Harvard or Princeton with Sharif. And I must add that the IAEA did get access to our military sites because we voluntarily accepted to implement the additional protocol of the NPT. They even visited our universities and our academic laboratories.

You talked about Ivy League schools. It's completely insane to compare the quality of dissertations done at a place like Harvard or Princeton with Sharif. And I must add that the IAEA did get access to our military sites because we voluntarily accepted to implement the additional protocol of the NPT. They even visited our universities and our academic laboratories.

The pictures do not show that type of cementing though.

Regarding universities:
I randomly copied some projects of Johns Hopkins grad levels and they are all routine in Iran. Some specific labs are cutting edge but they are like 5-10%.

Zero-Resource Speech Retrieval
zero-resource speech retrieval systems that require no language-specific training data or knowledge sources

Towards robust speech processing

More here:
https://engineering.jhu.edu/ece/research-areas/control-network-and-systems/

Last edited:
The point is by considering all JCPoA flaws the reality is even the UNSCR is being violated by America like many other treaties, accord and international laws .. it all happens not because of the Trump's election but due to one fact that the whole international system created after WW2 was based on game of power .. so superpower would exploit everything for their own interests as they are more equal.
On JCPoA we needed the time to work on our centrifuges, mines and yellow cake production and uranium stokpile ... on the other hand the knowledge has been mastered and the other side know it .. so really I don't know what exactly you mean by pre-JCPOA specifications .. before it you could build your nuclear program with installing 45k IR1 in Natanz with 1 SWU capacity and unreliability did we have enough uranium for such a program? now you could install IR4 & 6 with 10 SWU .. which means just 4.5 k centrifuges would give the same result of 45k IR1 ... which means in smaller sites you could enrich more ... we could put 1700 IR8 in Fordow with 30k SWU which is 3 times more than Natanz enrichment capacity before nuclear deal ... By Feb 2020 we had 1.5 ton enriched uranium now it's around 2.2 and it'd be 4 tons by the USA election ... so I don't know the problem ...

Yes!! And we need our diplomats on multiple foreign news channels and platforms screaming this......I find it amazing how amateurish we are with the press. This big enough to get condemnation from staunch U.S. allies but we're just issuing Press TV statements about it.

Well obviously they didn’t put cement in the actual reactor or else how would they redesign the reactor o_O

And there is no proof only tubes were filled with cement. If so, then why does Iran need to build a new one? Like I said a lot of lies and smoke screen by Salehi.

He gave away Arak for nothing, basically nothing. The US was most interested in Arak then Fordow, that was their prized goal was destroying Arak and that idiot Salehi gave to them for FREE! Arak would have been Iran most dangerous nuclear program facility as it allowed Iran to build 5+ nuclear bombs a year.

Natanz is a joke. Fordow another cruel joke at this point. The plutonium path was much more dangerous for the world then Iran going the Uranium path.
If by building new one you mean new calandria well the reactor has been redesigned to produce less plutonium and more notron as it a research reactor so a new design needed .. previous design due to not having enrichment technology was designed to work with raw uranium but new design would run on low enriched uranium hold far less fuel using a new calandria with fewer tubes by less plutonium production ... so in case of lack of cooperation or ceasing it previous calandria would be reused the only thing that is needed is removing current tubes filled with cement and installed the ones in storage ... but still I can not understand what part of Arak has been destroyed?
If your concerns is nuke well as they couldn't stop NK they wouldn't be able to do it with Iran ...
But let me ask you a Q .. imagine it's 2015 and instead of the nuclear deal (which I agree has flaws) Iran had opted to make nuclear weapons ... what would have been Iran position right now? economically, politically? better? worse?

What do you mean that they poured cement only in the pressure tubes?

The picture you have shown suggests that the fuel bundle has been filled with cement too. You can see the holes for adjuster rods filled with cement completely. If so, the calandria is completely useless now. It's useless even for putting it on display at a museum.

And it's cute that you think all those nuclear inspectors graduated from top Western universities would get fooled by us and let us keep the calandria for a museum. Unless they believed that it has become inoperable and it can't be used or modified in anyway in future, there's no way in heaven that they would allow us to do that.
Tube which were installed into calandria were filled if it is needed we would remove tubes and install new tubes ...
On calandria for a museum I gave you IAEA report. It is something like this:
1-s2.0-S0306454916310180-gr1.jpg

feeder-tubes_4x2-750x375.jpg The-front-view-of-the-moderator-tank-with-a-calandria-tube-indicating-the-normal.ppm.png

The tubes are replaceable but still it ain't mean it doesn't take time but at least we have both calandria and tubes and reactor has not been destroyed and could be restored to the original design ..

Yes!! And we need our diplomats on multiple foreign news channels and platforms screaming this......I find it amazing how amateurish we are with the press. This big enough to get condemnation from staunch U.S. allies but we're just issuing Press TV statements about it.

Well what I said is available on the net .. pretty sure american know about it as IAEA .. during nuclear talks they created a copy of our nuclear facilities by the help of Libyan centrifuges given up by Qaddafi ti simulate our centrifuges performance so such a country is looking at your moves and decision, don't need me to tell them ... and all these are either in IAEA reports or have been said by our officials ...

Tube which were installed into calandria were filled if it is needed we would remove tubes and install new tubes ...
On calandria for a museum I gave you IAEA report. It is something like this:
View attachment 636775
View attachment 636776 View attachment 636777

The tubes are replaceable but still it ain't mean it doesn't take time but at least we have both calandria and tubes and reactor has not been destroyed and could be restored to the original design ..

Replacing fuel bundles basically means building a new calandria as a calandria without its fuel bundles and adjuster rods is like a useless frame. Our current calandria is nothing but a brick now. We can use it as a stone to grind wheat with it.

The pictures do not show that type of cementing though.

Regarding universities:
I randomly copied some projects of Johns Hopkins grad levels and they are all routine in Iran. Some specific labs are cutting edge but they are like 5-10%.

Zero-Resource Speech Retrieval
zero-resource speech retrieval systems that require no language-specific training data or knowledge sources

Towards robust speech processing

More here:
https://engineering.jhu.edu/ece/research-areas/control-network-and-systems/
You are really comparing apples and oranges.

It could be worse.

I'm enrolled in an MSc for Computer Science at a 'top' European uni. Most people don't know basics and it's mostly Indians coming to re-establish themselves in Europe. Although you Iranians are well represented in the engineering sector, I can't find any fellow Arabs at my uni they're a big minority in engineering.

It could be worse.

I'm enrolled in an MSc for Computer Science at a 'top' European uni. Most people don't know basics and it's mostly Indians coming to re-establish themselves in Europe. Although you Iranians are well represented in the engineering sector, I can't find any fellow Arabs at my uni they're a big minority in engineering.

Iranian universities do more or less fine compared to European universities, excluding the UK, France and Germany. And I believe we have one of the world's leading undergraduate systems at Sharif University. Well, some of our departments are very famous. Like the Department of Electrical Engineering. Nevertheless, our graduate programs cannot compete with Ivy League universities. Few universities in the world can compete with them.

Have you made any Iranian friends in Denmark?

Iranian universities do more or less fine compared to European universities, excluding the UK, France and Germany. And I believe we have one of the world's leading undergraduate systems at Sharif University. Well, some of our departments are very famous. Like the Department of Electrical Engineering. Nevertheless, our graduate programs cannot compete with Ivy League universities. Few universities in the world can compete with them.

Have you made any Iranian friends in Denmark?

After all the Ivy League and other top rated unis are mostly chosen for the brand people want on their CV. People seem impressed when others have worked at a large American enterprise tech/consulting firm, I noticed these reactions first hand whilst personally aware that it does not make the person more competent. As you said the undergrad courses in Iran might be just as good/better than any other uni around the world, in the end it also largely depends on the student itself whether they will grasp/absorb that knowledge. Once the graduate department performs well and on par level with Ivy League it will reflect on scientific breakthroughs and startups as well if the environment is right for that (which the US excels at).

Having proper undergrad programs which creates capable engineers/anything post graduation itself is a big achievement which much of the middle east has been failing at for a long time. In the GCC, they relied on American universities whilst regarding the traditional universities as bad and it reflects on many of the students.

The friends i've made in Denmark are mostly internationals from all over, some Iranians but mostly surface level as they prefer to hang out with other Iranians to speak their own language. Which was the same for the Greeks, Spanish, Italians. Indians etc. Personally coming from the Netherlands I didn't find many Dutch counterparts, neither any Iraqis at the university. Although most Iranians at the grad programs aren't here to get into academia, not that I am. They're here to establish themselves in the country, get a job/residence etc. which most of the students are after from what I see. Unlike in the US, master's are normalized here to get a job.

Back
Top Bottom