What's new

Tried my first south indian food

Masala Dosa with coconut chutney is probably the only South Indian food, most Pakistanis would eat easily and even like.

Idly Sambar is a big no no for me, I imagine that's what jail food must taste/look like.

Plain Vada is eatable but tasteless.

Most of their North Indian food adaptations are also not eatable due to the South Indian obsession with curry patta. Everything tastes and smells like curry patta If you read their recipes they start with 50 curry pattas.

The best Masala Dosa I've eaten is from a restaurant called Saravanabhavana

is it sum resturant in dubai or u had it while travellin to india?

Oye? From where you learn malayalam?? Its Enthoundu for how are you!!

Enganaundu means how is it!!

Try visiting Alappey if you like toddy... Those backwaters and Toddy are very very good!! :smitten:

from kerala corner:tongue:

depends,which sauce it is cooked in....there r heavier n lower too depening on sauces n spices...i like it in creamy mustard sauce!:smitten:

My wife just does pepper and salt and I like it - She tried various sauces but I did not like it though to be fair to her - being a hindu vegetarian cooking steak at home itself is a big thing and I can't complain. :)

Try visiting Alappey if you like toddy... Those backwaters and Toddy are very very good!! :smitten:

Done that in 2005 - Went to Alleppey with family - stayed there - did not rent a houseboat being the Christmas season was very expensive as we have a large extended family. Rented couple of boats for the day, stopped by and bought toddy in several pet bottles and fried karrimeen and went around in the boats in the backwaters drinking our toddy and enjoying the view. To make a comparison - 3 months before that I had visited Hawaii but felt Kerala backwaters beat Hawaii hands down. Beautiful place :smitten:

My wife just does pepper and salt and I like it - She tried various sauces but I did not like it though to be fair to her - being a hindu vegetarian cooking steak at home itself is a big thing and I can't complain. :)

u dint like it u was it that ur doctor advised u not have them in meal being a patient:tongue: dun lie! haha jk

but try to have it in mustard sauce....its very delicious!

Will ask mods to ban you from Kerala Corner :P

they wont,som of da mods there are always nice wid me :P

Done that in 2005 - Went to Alleppey with family - stayed there - did not rent a houseboat being the Christmas season was very expensive as we have a large extended family. Rented couple of boats for the day, stopped by and bought toddy in several pet bottles and fried karrimeen and went around in the boats in the backwaters drinking our toddy and enjoying the view. To make a comparison - 3 months before that I had visited Hawaii but felt Kerala backwaters beat Hawaii hands down. Beautiful place :smitten:

sashan seems a nice person...gunna add u to make it a 50 members list in frends here:tongue:

u dint like it u was it that ur doctor advised u not have them in meal being a patient:tongue: dun lie! haha jk

but try to have it in mustard sauce....its very delicious!

My doctor does not know I have steaks - Being an Indian and a Hindu and all. :lol:

Will try your suggestion.

Well its fading mate... People are throwing waste from houseboats to the water and there are lot of constructions going on also..Those greenaries are getting less and less.. I guess with in 5-6 years, it will loose its attractiveness..

they wont,som of da mods there are always nice wid me :P

I will take @Armstrong support for this :P

Last edited by a moderator:
My doctor does not know I have steaks - Being an Indian and a Hindu and all. :lol:

Will try your suggestion.

heck wid doctors
smileys-smiley-with-sign-784150.gif
...eat an apple instead to keep thm away!:tongue:

i knew a doctor who used to live in our neighbourhud,was 50 + but used to smoke like hell n was also into drugs:bad: he got into this habbit of doin drugs during his student life in UK,cudnt let it go afta so many years even...n died so early....imagine he lecturin others of not smoking n eat healthy while he himself was into it! liars! :P

Well its fading mate... People are throwing waste from houseboats to the water and there are lot of constructions going on also..Those greenaries are getting less and less.. I guess with in 5-6 years, it will loose its attractiveness..

That's so sad. My father(who is no more) mentioned that he thought of Venice being there in Alleppey in one of the last conversations I had with him. Alleppey is part of nostalgic feelings as I had the best family get together there. Had few after that outside of country like in Phuket and all but nothing can beat Kerala(we visited Thekkady, Alleppey, Munnar but prefer Alleppey)

Back
Top Bottom