What's new

Tourist Trains planned for Pakistan

....does sharia and Islam approve tourism

Why would you bring fing Sharia and religious mumbo jumbo in this?

Don't you know that Turkey, Dubai etc. are major tourist destinations?

Why it is that of all the people, well meaning Indians (mostly Hindus, but could be Christians too), drag Islamism in the middle of every discussion.

Do you guys have some kind of unwritten/written contract with Islamist posters?

Just an "Innocent" question.

Thank you

you my dear are spreading ignorance.

Do you even realize this was the Congressi propaganda? Do you?

Do you know who made this statement first?

Hint hint?

It was 1922.

Let's see how much you know about your history.

Thank you

p.s. I am separating this topic into a thread. post your response there please.

Congressi Propaganda: Hindu Majority provinces and Muslim Majority provinces can't live together

Does it really matter who made the statement first? Communal tension was there, either Congress or the Muslim League had to say it first. Now you can argue who first said it in public, but you cannot deny that ultimately the partition happened on religious lines, the country, its provinces, and princely states were divided on the basis of the religion of the majority people. Damn, even Pakistan's claim on Kashmir stands on the ground that it was a Muslim majority state.

You can certainly argue which political party, which political leader was more responsible for partition, and the massacre & ethnic cleansing that followed, but there is no way you can establish your comment that "Pakistan was formed because People of these provinces didn't want to be ruled by Dilli.", no way, because Pakistan was created as a sovereign country for the "Muslims" of Indian subcontinent, Delhi was not the issue.

That's why I replied first to this portion of your post: "This is why I say "Islamism is antithesis of Pakistani nation". The two cannot exist in the same region in the same space and time." By saying this are questioning the creation of Pakistan as a separate nation! You might want to blame the radical Islamization of Pakistan during one of your ex-generals era, I don't know, but Islamism is antithesis of Pakistan nation? Hard to accept!!

Does it really matter who made the statement first? Communal tension was there, either Congress or the Muslim League had to say it first. .!

Yes it does.

Credit should be given to the one who came up with the idea.

So please do not try to push things under a hindustani sari.

Oh and now you talk about "communal tension". Who used religion to spur riots against the government and when?

Let's hear your knowledge of history before getting down to basics.

Thank you

p.s. I am going to past this into the other thread that is more relevant to this discussion. OK?

Congressi Propaganda: Hindu Majority provinces and Muslim Majority provinces can't live together

As long as they are efficient, do not harm the environment and of course WORK.

They should be given the go ahead :tup:

Why would you bring fing Sharia and religious mumbo jumbo in this?

Don't you know that Turkey, Dubai etc. are major tourist destinations?

Why it is that of all the people, well meaning Indians (mostly Hindus, but could be Christians too), drag Islamism in the middle of every discussion.

Do you guys have some kind of unwritten/written contract with Islamist posters?

Just an "Innocent" question.

Thank you

I asked question because Islam and sharia have rules and regulations against world's most modern things like idols (big statues in China and Europe), entertainment, music, alcohol, women travelers enjoying beaches ( all above are part of tourism industry) among other things..
even in Maldives, Islamic fundamentalists are against tourism industry...

I asked question because Islam and sharia have rules and regulations against world's most modern things like idols (big statues in China and Europe), entertainment, music, alcohol, women travelers enjoying beaches ( all above are part of tourism industry) among other things..
even in Maldives, Islamic fundamentalists are against tourism industry...

What you say my dear about Sharia is in fact tribal stone age rules made up by men and not God.

Peace

Funny how all of the pictures (except the hundred year old steam engine) are from areas where there are no train tracks, and not one of Khewra itself.

Besides, where are all these tourists going to come from? Certainly not from abroad given the overall situation.

Domestic tourism. There are hundreds of thousands of Pakistanis who, because denied visa, have to seek domestic locations to spend their spare moneys. Hence northern resorts are crowded during summer. I hear even Karachi gets tourists from up north during the winters. Ferries to Gwadar. Summer camps at the Gorakh Hill Station. Trips to areas like Nagar Parker and its wonderful Karoonjhar Hills.. there, you have the richest city of Pakistan ready to go other than the northern mountains.
Even with the violence etc money will be spent by people. An example: There is a guy who rents out Huts at Karachi beaches. Something like 'Huts at Karachi Beaches' on Facebook. And he is making a killing!
Let's not underestimate the power of domestic tourism in a country with 180 million people with a GDP of $160+ billion.

Domestic tourism. There are hundreds of thousands of Pakistanis who, because denied visa, have to seek domestic locations to spend their spare moneys. Hence northern resorts are crowded during summer. I hear even Karachi gets tourists from up north during the winters. Ferries to Gwadar. Summer camps at the Gorakh Hill Station. Trips to areas like Nagar Parker and its wonderful Karoonjhar Hills.. there, you have the richest city of Pakistan ready to go other than the northern mountains.
Even with the violence etc money will be spent by people. An example: There is a guy who rents out Huts at Karachi beaches. Something like 'Huts at Karachi Beaches' on Facebook. And he is making a killing!
Let's not underestimate the power of domestic tourism in a country with 180 million people with a GDP of $160+ billion.

Good ideas, and yes, domestic tourism has great potential, given the number of people and destinations. But. There is always many "buts" with realizing any potential in Pakistan these days, aren't there? Would you like to enumerate them too, please?

Good ideas, and yes, domestic tourism has great potential, given the number of people and destinations. But. There is always many "buts" with realizing any potential in Pakistan these days, aren't there? Would you like to enumerate them too, please?

Need I enumerate them? You probably know at least as much as me! Corruption and law and order. But, as the 'Huts a Karachi Beach' example illustrates: You build them and they will come. People can only stay at home for so long in fear. Another potential success is Gorakh Hill Station: Law and Order is not a major consideration there but corruption has halted most of the work. Just build a road, provide clean drinking water and even assemble a tent village: People will flock there to escape the heat of the plains. Similarly, the ocean around Sindh and Baluchistan is quite safe. Options like 'cruise to nowhere' or roundtrips between Karachi and Gwadar are potentially huge opportunities.

My point remains this: Despite perceived or real 'problems' there is still huge domestic (and, to a lesser extent, international) tourism potentials in Pakistan. That country is not dead. It's people are not all bearded fundos sitting on their Jai Namaz offering sermons all the time.

Good idea on paper, but what tourism would you show someone in Quetta, all Taliban and kidnappers please get off at Chaman Housing Scheme, for the offices of all Major NGOs including UNICEF. Next stop Steward Road and Nawab Bugti's Palace.

Domenstic tourism is the first step for the industry and not the last.

From Domestic tourism the economic benefit is only in Rupees. The currency we cannot use to pay for things we spend $15 to $25 billions a year.

We need hard currency, that we can take somewhere and buy petrol, industrial supplies, military equipment, tea, and pay for interest and loans and cash for Pakistani government bonds.

For that we need income from foreign tourism in the tune of at least $10-20 billions a year (minimum).

But

thanks to Islamism and Mullahism, foreign tourists shun Pakistan and

we end up begging for dollars.

And many Pakistanis working in the USA, continue peddling Islamism (off course you my dear do not do that I know).

peace

p.s. We want to monkey-ape Saudi Islamism but we have no oil, no Makkah madina like fundo tourism, and 10 times the population.

Sir jee, kam es kam Makkah or Madina sharif ko to baksh dain, it has nothing to do with "fundo" tourism as you put it.

Before Saudis got oil, their survival was mostly based on income from "fundo tourism" aka religious tourism of Makkah and Madina.

This persisted from the beginning of time (even before the time of Prophet Abraham pbuh) till 1950s.

So think about the fundo tourism industry and income that helped Saudis (or whatever the region was called before Saudi) survive for at least 40,000 years.

Hope you understand.

Before Saudis got oil, their survival was mostly based on income from "fundo tourism" aka religious tourism of Makkah and Madina.

This persisted from the beginning of time (even before the time of Prophet Abraham pbuh) till 1950s.

So think about the fundo tourism industry and income that helped Saudis (or whatever the region was called before Saudi) survive for at least 40,000 years.

Hope you understand.

Sir but i don't understand, how can pilgrims who visit these holy places out of love for god be declared "fundos"? Are yatri's visiting hassan abdal fundo's? are Catholics visiting the Vatican fundos?

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom