What's new

Tourism in Saudi Arabia - Opportunities and Challenges (Open Discussion)

Very fascinating thread..very educative for everyone, mostly those who have no idea about KSA, its history up to now a day and its riches of all sorts..keep the good work Brother.. it is excellemt..

My pleasure.

KSA was the 19th most visited country in the world in 2012. I think that we have advanced a few positions since that year. Now imagine by 2030. I think top 10 is more or less a guarantee or as close as you can come to one. Unlike most other countries, we have a huge country and more wild nature than most and many of our numerous ancient heritage sites and attractions as a whole are located outside of the main cities (surprise) in mountainous, desert, lowland and coastal areas.

Of course tourism in cities has great potential too but it requires the renovation of many old quarters across the country (although much has improved in recent years) but the best example of what lies in front of us is the condition of the old town in Yanbu. If renovated like the old town of Jeddah, it could easily become a World UNESCO Heritage Site as well. The same story in most of KSA.

So much old and precious architecture was destroyed as well in the name of "modernity". This is another issue typical of the Middle East and dare I say developing world. From China to Brazil.

---------------------------------------------------------

Take the example of Ushaiger of how to renovate an ancient village, in this case a typical Najdi one. It's comparable to your average well-kept Italian renaissance town. Just much older and a different architecture obviously.

The soul of such an old place is the same everywhere in the world.

And there are 100's of potential "Ushaiger's" in Najd alone.....

Last edited:
Largest date market in the world and festival in Buraidah.

DkpKJO9X4AElmDu.jpg

DkpKJPDXcAEstG4.jpg

DkpKJPDXcAIvK1Y.jpg

DkpKJPCX0AAM5ku.jpg

DkRbpTSXgAE9CG3.jpg

DkRbpThXsAIekc2.jpg

DkRbpTXW4AAjpQW.jpg

DkRbpTWX0AAQ5ei.jpg

Dk0JgkQX4AIH2OX.jpg

Dk0JgkRX4AAPwic.jpg

Dk0JgkVWsAISmko.jpg

Dk0JgkQXgAEvY62.jpg

Dk3S5XKX4AArdIT.jpg

DlJfmAiW4AcErFk.jpg

DlJfmAjW4AYK5e9.jpg

DlJfmAmXcAEr_Xr.jpg

DlJfmAkX4AIgf5D.jpg

Dk57ZJ9W4AI4AAh.jpg

Dk57ZJ4W0AA_jJM.jpg

Dk57ZJ4XoAYsAbA.jpg

Dh50CbuX4AABKEa.jpg

DiKjMT1UEAAZyzI.jpg

Dh50CX1X4AAkpYi.jpg

Dh50CSyX0AAc3n7.jpg

Dh50CTvXUAEZSAS.jpg

Dh5YhNpXkAAPXaN.jpg

Dh0qZ9IVMAAR0gp.jpg

Dh0qZ-dU8AA1zyw.jpg

Dh0qZ7_UEAUQuLQ.jpg

Dh0qZ4OUEAE79Fo.jpg

DhlDTUvX0AY6vyO.jpg

DhkWrCLWkAAXolO.jpg

DhkWrChWsAAEGEy.jpg

DhkWrCWX0AAMkz1.jpg

DhVccvKU8AA2IrA.jpg

DhVcKaOU8AUMr6Z.jpg

DhBl-BeWAAI92Xm.jpg

DgeXcsiU0AIZ21t.jpg

DhpgYf5W0AA9vM5.jpg

@Hiraa

I hope that KSA will open up for tourism much more and visa rules (some of the harshest in the world) will be much less stringent in order to attract people from across the world but especially the region so we can learn each other better.

Gosh!!!those are stunning places!!!

Hopefully the kingdom open ups visa for tourists. That’ll really ease up for the world to come and explore the kingdom and its culture.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom