What's new

TOTALLY BOYCOTT GEO CHANNEL

Such justifications for the Army being "forced to do it" always end in disaster. The real pipedream here is the notion that Army is the only established institution capable of holding the country together. It cannot.
What would you suggest in present circumstances, remain subservient to Amir ul Momineen Hazrat Mian Mohd Nawaz Shariff Rehmat ullah Alihay (as stated by Ch Ghafoor in one of the gatherings as chief guest)

See the history all key indicators of economy, during military tenure those were highest. Political governments remained below their lowest i.e. Gen ZH. Loans - got rid of those in military rule and went into this quick sand every time we had political governments. Lets see things with realistic eyes rather than rhetoric of democrazy. Mush took over in debt of IMF, released the shackles and the moment he stepped down, we are neck deep into it. Second government went a step ahead and submerged the whole nation fathoms into it. We should not be surprised if our third generation is also paying the interest these borrowings.

What would you suggest in present circumstances, remain subservient to Amir ul Momineen Hazrat Mian Mohd Nawaz Shariff Rehmat ullah Alihay (as stated by Ch Ghafoor in one of the gatherings as chief guest)

See the history all key indicators of economy, during military tenure those were highest. Political governments remained below their lowest i.e. Gen ZH. Loans - got rid of those in military rule and went into this quick sand every time we had political governments. Lets see things with realistic eyes rather than rhetoric of democrazy. Mush took over in debt of IMF, released the shackles and the moment he stepped down, we are neck deep into it. Second government went a step ahead and submerged the whole nation fathoms into it. We should not be surprised if our third generation is also paying the interest these borrowings.

Yes, as the elected PM, he is the authority over the Army, and the Army must remain subservient.

All these claims of how great dictatorships were for Pakistan are false. They all left us in much worse positions than before.

Yes, as the elected PM, he is the authority over the Army, and the Army must remain subservient.

All these claims of how great dictatorships were for Pakistan are false. They all left us in much worse positions than before.
Provided he acts as PM of Pakistan and not agent of an enemy agency.

I can give you numbers, you should also support your claim with numbers. Sweeping statements do not change facts.
DGP.jpg

Budget+Deficit.jpg

image003.png
Exchange+Rate.jpg

Dollar+Percent.jpg

Tx+with+IMG.jpg

Provided he acts as PM of Pakistan and not agent of an enemy agency.

I can give you numbers, you should also support your claim with numbers. Sweeping statements do not change facts.

Let the people judge his actions as PM, for they are the ones who elected him to high office. It is not the place of the Army to judge him.

There is much more to running a country than just the economy. All those graphs have behind them grave issues. For example the remarkably steady 60:1 exchange rate during Gen Musharraf's dictatorship was the result of deals with USA in exchange for renting out the Army to them. Short terms accommodations made during dictatorships lead to much bigger problems later on.

Let the people judge his actions as PM, for they are the ones who elected him to high office. It is not the place of the Army to judge him.

There is much more to running a country than just the economy. All those graphs have behind them grave issues. For example the remarkably steady 60:1 exchange rate during Gen Musharraf's dictatorship was the result of deals with USA in exchange for renting out the Army to them. Short terms accommodations made during dictatorships lead to much bigger problems later on.
If stats cannot convince you then I rest my case. Cheers.

This system, wrong as it is, seems to be working fine, and Geo is in no position to change it

it is not working fine.. Pakistani nation has considered it a way of life and moved on!

If stats cannot convince you then I rest my case. Cheers.

Your case rests on the foundation of an illegal grab of power by the COAS in violation of the Constitution, and therefore, not much of a case at all.

it is not working fine.. Pakistani nation has considered it a way of life and moved on!

Moving on is a form of acceptance. If the nation has adopted such horrors as part of its way of life, then they themselves pay the price too.

Moving on is a form of acceptance. If the nation has adopted such horrors as part of its way of life, then they themselves pay the price too.

That's right! this is the price of sullen acquiescence which nation is paying! But now I see the light at the end of the tunnel though...

That's right! this is the price of sullen acquiescence which nation is paying! But now I see the light at the end of the tunnel though...

Is that a train coming or the end of the tunnel you see? :D

Here is another way to look at the disasters that Army Rule gave to Pakistan:

1512334_10152338253501661_7658399070936259868_n.jpg

Other than boycott I think hamid mir, amir mir and their families should be forced to leave this country. It should be made clear to them that we don't them in this country. They can go to India and do whatever they want to but we won't let them stay in our country.

We don't want traitors like Hamid mir to live in this country.

Other than boycott I think hamid mir, amir mir and their families should be forced to leave this country. It should be made clear to them that we don't them in this country. They can go to India and do whatever they want to but we won't let them stay in our country.

We don't want traitors like Hamid mir to live in this country.

What you are proposing is illegal, immoral, unethical and totally unjustified. It will never happen.

This thread actually is supporting the rights of intelligence agencies to curb free media. According to OP, the biggest crime of Jang group was that after one of its best journalists was attacked in a lethal attack, he was wrong to point fingers back at them. How dare he do that? He should have simply suffered in silence and praise the glorious intelligence agency of Pakistan and thank god that he is so lucky that ISI chose to respect him with a lethal attack.

Spy agencies role is not a secret anymore on Balochistan abductions, extra Judicial Killings and in politics.. further HM himself declared to catch these these guys in case something happens to him.. I am not a fan of Geo or HM but in this scenario the allegations are not totally baseless!..

Totally baseless ... He has been promoting BLA guys ... Who is Mama Qadeer whom he invited in his program ... He himsef admitted that his missing son was working for BLA but he was not a mililtant ................

Back
Top Bottom