What's new

Top Ten Special Operations Forces in the World

It is sad to see indians crying (hallowing like little puppies actually) in this thread. :rofl::rofl:

U.S armed forces museum is just non-experienced, dumb, non-Professional, regular civilian liberals who put SSG in top ten without any consideration.

While indians on this thread are professional, military-experienced, very-well read in military affairs, with real life combat experience who run different military related organizations. So they must be trusted over U.S armed forces museum :lol:

Simple fact is this: SSG has way more combat experience than any other force out there in our vicinity. SSG fought toughest wars against toughest opponents in toughest terrains and won.

SSG faced Russian Spetnaz in the rigged and hell-like territory of Afghanistan on regular basis. Achieved great victories against them as well as suffered loses on other occasions. Can ANY other SF in our neighborhood show this kind of combat experience?

SSG took part in countless counter-terrorist Ops against THE most experienced/feared insurgents in 21st century (Taliban/Al Qaeda insurgency in the mountainous border regions of Afghan-Pakistan filled with booby traps, cave networks, and hostile territory/geography to military movement).

SSG took part in several anti-airplace hijacking missions, hostage rescue missions and so on.

Over-whelming majority of SSG operations were successes. Some were failures. Just like every other SF out there. But all this makes SSG the most combat-experienced Special Force in our entire region.

And that is exactly why you see them represented in top ten special forces by U.S armed forces museum

While butthurt losers here can continue to cry like little b!tches :lol:

Salam Guys,

No dought SSG is the best. I just go through this link and found this interesting articles.
We all know that indian navy is far superior in its capacity in pakistan Navy.
I was just seeking your observation with neutral thought, not emotional. How much pakistan is doing in improving its navy. No wonder india covers vast region of indian ocean so it has to maintain a better and huge naval force.

I came across wikipedia of MARCOS indian navy commandoes.
YOu can see on wikipedia, MARCOS trained for 2 years and in many different skills.

I was wondering do our naval commandoes are trained in extensively in those skills are indians are training their MARCOS.
Its just a observation to share, and to suggest that where we are weak and where we need to improve.

Salam Guys,

No dought SSG is the best. I just go through this link and found this interesting articles.
I was just seeking your observation with neutral thought, not emotional. How much pakistan is doing in improving its navy. No wonder india covers vast region of indian ocean so it has to maintain a better and huge naval force.

YOu can see on wikipedia, MARCOS trained for 2 years and in many different skills.

I was wondering do our naval commandoes are trained in extensively in those skills are indians are training their MARCOS.
Its just a observation to share, and to suggest that where we are weak and where we need to improve.
Our commandos are better but we lack in number off warships and submarines but we are going for submarines and hope to get warships soon

Salam Guys,

our equivalent are SSGN and Pak Marines. And both these have selection process and training levels higher then SSG.

Since the one who started the thread is a Pakistani, it is justified that SSG is in top ten not NSG/MARCOS/COBRA

1. SSG was formed by the Americans from the Garrison Coy,FF Regt that had existed as the cdo element in PA. Grant Taylor, a German officer and a CQB expert had raised this. The only PA officer was 2/Lt Sully Suleman. After the MAP treaty with the Americans, USTAMP was formed. Under that a team of 15 US mily and civ personnel arrived at Cherat under Col Kelly Thompson. USTAMP was not under MAP but controlled directly by CIA and US Embassy. The US objective was to train a "stay back" force to carry out clandestine ops and rescue downed pilots, etc when the area was overrun. To that end a lot of Pathans from the Frontier Corps were inducted - most of whom did not know Urdu. The formation of SSG had evoked Nehru to state that "they were training assassins and cut-throats at Cherat". From that humble beginning, SSG has evolved into a tough SF comparable to the best.

2. This strategic asset was misused in '65 and '71. However,the war against the Soviets was its golden glorious moment when it operated under ISI supervision. A text-book coop between SSG and ISI really defeated the Soviets in Afghanistan.

3.FYI, our SF sends officers and NCOs to SSG for training regularly with officers and NCOs of various nations.

I dont think many countries in Asia has that long/varied combat experience as Pakistanis since WWI ;most of British Indian army was recruited from just few districts of Pakistan(this also include Sikhs and they are considered some of the finest soldiers, this can give you hint about fighting ability of pops of Indus region)

Last edited:
Why SSg is on 9th place???

It should be No 1 like ISI is no 1 spy agency.

Iraqi army should have special units of these special operations forces if they want to defeat IS

During Kargil war ....they awarded a soldier with one their gallantry award and declared him' died bravely' ...Later on he was found alive and well among the ranks :cheesy:

Recently I was studying a book about the Indian Military ...and here is what I came across :rofl:View attachment 42367 I believe in the story ...only that the name is not correct ...It wasn't Sing Ram ...It was Sunny Deol :omghaha:
what book is this?

Latest posts

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom