What's new

Top Ten Muslim Militaries

But then Turkey is secular country. How can you include it in the list of Muslim militaries?

Man, there are so many other countries who are secular and contain a large muslim portion. But that portion of the population isn't as huge as the majority. You don't typically think of India as being a Muslim country when it comes to mind.

^^^^^I have to agree with Maverick here...

I feel the edge Pakistan has over these countries is that they have long range missiles which negate the need for a country to take the war into the others land.....

Apart from this, the Pakistani miliatary is far behind in conventional weapons......

Although nuclear weapons are deadly and definitely are an ace up ones sleeve, I discount their effectiveness since in case of a war, if one is forced to use their nuclear weapons, it means that their conventional forces have been decimated and the nukes are being used as a final solution......
If nukes are used, the country using these will be forced back to the stone age by the world community.......Hence even a single nuke fired can cause mutually assured destruction.....no retaliation required!!!!

Also, why isnt India part of this list.....we have the third largest muslim population in the world.....definitely more than Turkey and Iran....and if Turkey being a secular nation by principal is included....so should India!!!

Nothing personal PASHA but india claim havily hundu nation then Muslim or christian.

Wt about the islamic jihadi massacre of kashmiri hindu pundits, the attacks on hindu temples in Varansi and gujarat and also the genocide of hindus in pakistan and bangladesh? Did you forget the attacks on Christians in Karachi? India still has 150 million muslims, how many non- muslims live in Pakistan?:sniper:

Pathetic. My friend there is a big difference in an occasional incident and a campaign by government to kill Muslims. When did this massacre happen can you please tell me.

I'll Put that list as under:-.

1)Pakistan(7th largest Armed Forces in the world, very well trained and war experianced forces, strong Army,Highly professional airforce,Modest but effective Navy, Nuclear weapons, Extensive Missile technology,BRBMs,SRBMs,IRBMs and now developing ICBMs/SLVs, Cruise Missiles, UAVs,but the strongest Point of the country is self reliance, they are building Fighter Planes, Tanks, Submarines,Nuclear Weapons,Missiles etc at home)
2)Turkey (Rich History, they have the experiance of being the super power in the past,One of The Best Equipped and Trained Triad of Armed Forces in the world and probably "THE BEST" conventional armed forces in the muslim world, all they lack is their own nuclear weapons(though 40+ of NATO warheads are at their disposal) and Missile Technology)
3)Iran (Rich History, strong army and good navy, but weak airforce, they can jump up the list if they equip and train their forces with state of the art technology, plus point is Oil)
4)Egypt (Rich History, Very strong fleet of fighter planes,strong army, good enough navy, they have rich war experiance against the deadliest of the enemies like Isreal)
5)Saudi Arabia (Richest Oil Producing Country, Very good and state of the art equipment specially airfoce, reasonable number of soldiers but they lack the spirit to fight, navy is okay)
6)Bangladesh (Very Good triad of army , Air force and navy, lack of funds is the trouble but they are well trained and have modernized their forces in the recent past and are doing so even now)
7)UAE (The only reason why UAE is ahead of some of other muslim countries is its airforce, they have and intend to have a formidible airforce in near future, if pakistan would be provided with the fighter planes that UAE has it could knock down any airforce in the world)
8)Indonesia (Lasgest Muslim population, strong economy, needs to modernize its forces immediatly)
9)Syria (Most of their airforce has been trained by pakistanis after arab isreal war, but they lack equipment, their army has the spirit to fight against any agressor, rich war experiance)
10) Algeria (not heard in this context before but its an oil rich country who has become aware of the importance of strong military forces and is modernizing its forces quickly, latest acquisition includes Sukhoi 30 MK from Russia)

people may not agree to the list i,ve put here but this is what this forum is all about, agreement,disagreement and a better suggestion, so all of u are welcome to correct my analysis...Thanks...

Last edited:
5 minutes and nothing to do..
lets join in..and this list's entry has been for nations with a Majority muslim population...not states that have Islamic somewhere in their name
Top ten..
1.Turkey: Has been and still is state of the art, stood as bulwark against the soviets for 50 years. And right now can be termed the best in terms of professionalism amongst states with a Majority population.

2. Iran: Sanctioned, Cutoff, Harassed by multiple threats and fought an eight year long war of attrition and with its air force came out on top. For 30 years played a virtual war with the soviet union and in the 8 years war held off an iraqi military which was supported by multiple superpowers.

3.Egypt: Although it has suffered defeats at the hands of the Israeli's thrice, the fact that it fought with western powers, nearly blew the Israeli air force out of the sky with sams and almost succeeded in defeating the Israeli's save for American help..it deserves this spot. Today the Egyptian military is one of the strongest in the Africa and the middle east.

4.Pakistan: Having fought three declared wars and three proxy wars with its eastern neighbor, and having suffered strategic defeats in all of them. Pakistan would have ranked low if not for the tactical prowess demonstrated by its field commanders and the performance of its Air force against a numerically superior opposition. However, due to constant involvement in the politics of its nation the professionalism of the military was in serious doubt, although the current civil war on militancy has changed that impression and the Pakistani military is again asserting itself as a Professional military force. The thing that actually boosts this list up is Pakistan's performance during the Afghan war, having provided logistical and strategic support to the Mujaheddin, it can be assumed that if not for Pakistan the afghan jihad would have had very difficult times. And if not completely, partially Pakistan's armed forces are responsible for the downfall of a superpower. This has led to me ranking it higher than I would have.

5.Saudi Arabia: The Saudi's have come this high simply because they have the sheer finances to afford top range equipment. But their record of using this equipment has been far from exemplary. Consider the Saudi Air force tornado force which is the largest outside Europe yet has a higher attrition rate than two users of the airframe combined. Also the Saudi's have never fought on their own, usually assisted by a foreign manpower their combat effectiveness cannot be graded. Having fought with yemeni tribal hordes in the 60's and in the 90's with Iraq. The Saudi's will in ten years possess one of the best air forces in the world in terms of equipment. Which earns them this spot.

6.United Arab Emirates: Rising out of oil and tourism the UAE military has been expanding with exponential growth rates. With the greatest proportion of High tech equipment per man power second only to Israel it has the potential to be a power to be reckoned with. However, it has seldom seen conflict and its manpower is derived from friendly countries.

7.Syria: Having fought and lost all conflicts with Israel, the Syrians should be lower.. however.. their covert and overt support of hezabollah and the headache it is to Israel allots them a higher position in the list.

8.Jordan: Having fought the Israeli's in 67.. the Jordanians deserve credit for having maintained the least casualties in conflicts.

9.Indonesia: With a spread out area, Indonesia prepares for initial defeat, but with its focus on heavy guerrilla warfare. combined with the geography of its landmass. Also, due to its doctrine of civil military defense. Indonesia could very well have the worlds largest reserves with every person obliged under law to report for conscription at the time of war.

10. Having been at the forefront previously in African Peace keeping regiments, the Nigerian military has degraded itself. however there is a new force emerging from within and reports say the Nigerian military is regaining its lost edge thanks to foreign help.

In case you wish for an Islamic republic sort of list.. umm.. I'm not interested.

It would be a huge step forward for Muslims as a whole , if we form our own peace keeping force.

Pakistan , Bangladesh , Malaysia , Saudia Arab , Iran , Turkey.

Why should we let other so called peace keeping forces such as NATO and United Nations handle matters of the Muslim world.
NATO and United nations both are Zionist organizations and their last object is to restore peace in the troubled Muslim regions.

Ok guys, as ahsan told me to open a new thread if I wanted to and I wanted so I opened a new thread. So post now, only the muslim militaries!!!!

No offense, but i thought you said militants?
:rofl::rofl::usflag::coffee:

I thought this thread is top 10 muslim militaries, then why are indonesia and malaysia left out? You guys can't be serious to think these two countries can't beat many of those arab ones?

I absolutely agree!
Malaysia and Indonesia are actually quite capable forces and muslim too

A littile bit correction about history of Turkiye...

-Constantinople conquered in 1453 by Fatih Sultan Mehmet and This city became Turkish and renamed Istanbul. Istanbul is belong to us since 1453, not WW-1...

-First victory of Turkish forces against Byzantine empires have been placed in 1071 Malazgirt War in Anatolia... Ottoman army have used special Turkish war tactics "Hilal tactic" in that war...

-Turkish forces have demolished both Byzantine and Roman Christian empires in history...

-Turkish forces have conquerod almost half of Europe and controlled Europeans in the times of Kanuni Sultan Suleyman...

-At WW-1, Britania, French, Italy, Russia, India, Australia, New Zeland have attacked Turkey from all sides to divide Turkey many pieces in accordance with their imperial ideology but We had a leader called M. Kemal Ataturk... M.Kemal Ataturk and his fellows have fought both Gallipoli and South fronts successfully against many great powers but Finally, Imperialists have won the war. Germany,Turkey and Austuria has been defeated. More than 250.000 enemy soldiers have been killed by Turkish forces in WW-1

-After WW-1, When Greece, which was supported by Britain forces, understand that Turkey has been defeated and despredated by imperialists, They have also attacked to us... and so Turkish independance war, 1920, has been started by M. Kemal Ataturk and his civilian forces collected by Turkish public... We have kicked Greece and send them where they entered in our borders thanks to M. Kemal Ataturk... Then M. Kemal Ataturk change its route towards to all Britain, French and Italian forces... When they understand that they can not cope with Turkish forces managed by M. Kemal, They had to pull their troops back...

-1974, Turkey attacked Cyprus to save Turkish civilians in the bloody hands of Greeks and conquered half of Cyprus...

-1996, Greeks have send their soldiers to an Turkish island called Kardak, then claimed that This Island was belong to them. Then, Turkey have threatened Greece with a war and send special forces there... Turkish forces have hited a Greek utility helicopter and so Greek soldiers have to pull their troops back...

That is the determination symbol of Gellipoli war for Turkish people... The weight of ammo is 275 kg...

Last edited:
umm go to Amnesty or UN and see the treatment of hindus in pakistan and bangladesh. See this artical by a pakistani muslim himself!

Protecting Pakistan's Hindus | Comment is free | guardian.co.uk
When a hindu is killed you call it occusional incident but when a muslim it killed it is a goverment plan! lol thats pathetic can u tell me the number of hindus living in pakistan? and the number of muslims living in india

Even your link says one killed seventy removed which is again debatable. Dont make it another hindu muslim thread lets talk about Muslim militaries.
Hindus I think are merely one percent of population of pakistan and by the way what is the point?

Its not only the military strength rather willingness to fight a war for muslim cause. In that case you should not rule out Bangladesh. Bangladesh is far more involved than a lot of countries mentioned here.
Yes, the military and general population in BD both are fighting a psychological war against a hegemonist neighbour. BD will not be as strong as Pakistan in military terms. Only a strong economy can give us a strong military. Our navy is quite strong already.

Hindus have been persecuted by bangladesh see Amnesty and UN human rights watch, as have kashmiri pundits. You said that muslims are being killed by Goverment program which is a lie, and if a hindu dies it is only accident! u been smoking drugs?

No wonder hindus are only 1% of pakistan after u killed most of them and forcibilly converted them shows how sick your country is.

The truth about Bangladesh's Hindus

please do not come here without any true facts. Show me when muslims killed hindus of Pakistan. Do not attempt to lie in here.

I can give you hundreds of Neutral sources of hindu terrorists having killed muslims, christians, sikhs and low castes in India. Do not make a fool out of yourself without any proper source.

Back
Top Bottom