What's new

Top Ten Muslim Militaries

Neutral Veiwpoint.

The militaries of Saudi Eygpt and in particular Turkey are around 20 years ahead of Pakistan in their equipment training and military doctrine.

They are also far richer with much larger Forex GDP and military budgets. This means they will continue to buy & modernise far quicker then Pakistan.

Turkey is a NATO standard military with a Navy same size as India,s

Eygpt as over 250 F16/Mirage 2000 now today

Saudi spends $30 billion a year on military has 4 AWACS Typhoons & Tornados.

Pakistan has Nuclear weapons and Good missles but 90% of their conventional weapons are obselete compared to the RICH ARAB STATES.

Iran is potentialy as rich as Saudi only sanctions have held this moslem super power back. They are a great Race with rich history and the Western World fear them. Military has been been badly hit by sanctions.

One fair point though take aside equipment the Arabs seem to get their arses kicked by Israel al the time.

But i,m sure Turkey can take on Israel

^^^^^I have to agree with Maverick here...

I feel the edge Pakistan has over these countries is that they have long range missiles which negate the need for a country to take the war into the others land.....

Apart from this, the Pakistani miliatary is far behind in conventional weapons......

Although nuclear weapons are deadly and definitely are an ace up ones sleeve, I discount their effectiveness since in case of a war, if one is forced to use their nuclear weapons, it means that their conventional forces have been decimated and the nukes are being used as a final solution......
If nukes are used, the country using these will be forced back to the stone age by the world community.......Hence even a single nuke fired can cause mutually assured destruction.....no retaliation required!!!!

Also, why isnt India part of this list.....we have the third largest muslim population in the world.....definitely more than Turkey and Iran....and if Turkey being a secular nation by principal is included....so should India!!!

^
India can't be a part of this list because only 13 to 15% of its population is Muslim. In that case, even Russia can be included in the list because 16% of its population is Muslim.

BTW, Indonesia is also a Muslim-majority country and is definitely among the top 3 Muslim military powers.

1) Turkey
2)Indonesia
3)Pakistan
4)Egypt
5)Iran
6)Saudi Arabia

Considering conventional weapons.

indonesia can't be ahead of Pakistan??...or have I been sleeping all the while?
Infact in temrs of BMs and WMDs Pakistan scores ahead of Turkey too..

^^^Though India has a large Muslim population, it would be childish to include it in the list because Muslims are not the majority. They are a minority. This is a list for "Muslim Militaries".

^^^Though India has a large Muslim population, it would be childish to include it in the list because Muslims are not the majority. They are a minority. This is a list for "Muslim Militaries".

But then Turkey is secular country. How can you include it in the list of Muslim militaries?

Most of the population of Turkey is Muslim, as are almost all of their soldiers. On that basis I have no problems with it being included on the list.

In terms of the conventional force, Turkey would be the most powerful. However, in terms of an all out war between Pakistan and Turkey(which will never happen), let's just say I wouldnt like to be in turkey...

Back
Top Bottom