What's new

Top Secret: ‘Project Varsha’ is India’s answer to Chinese presence in Gwada

sudhir007

Reaction score
Top Secret:

The Pakistan Government had formally handed over the possession of strategically located ‘Gwadar’ port to China last February. The port which is located in troubled Baluchistan area would prove detrimental for India as China would keep a military eye on our country despite claims of only trade use of the port. India may not be able to stop the transfer of the port to China, but, it is silently developing a port across Eastern border.

The Indian Navy is developing a new top-secret naval base for its nuclear submarines, code-named Project Varsha, and located within a radius of approximately 200 kilometers from Visakhapatnam. The new base is designed to support all 8-12 Arihant -class submarines to be built for the Indian Navy and it will include state-of-the-art nuclear engineering support facilities and extensive crew accommodation.

While designed principally as a nuclear submarine support facility, the new base can accommodate other naval vessels because of the Indian Navy’s expansion. This facility has been compared to the top-secret Hainan nuclear submarine base for the Chinese PLA Navy. This east coast base expansion program by the Indian Navy is in direct response to Chinese naval expansion into the region.

Sources say that India had planned the port much earlier, however, with Chinese presence in Gwadar, it has pressed on the gas. A flurry of discussions and meetings has been held in the PMO and defence ministry over the last couple of months to proceed on the secret venture.

The project would bolster country’s nuclear deterrence against its mighty opponents. It would also help in guarding the naval trade corridors of the country.

India needs to secure its defence assets. Beyond that the author has pulled something out of his *** in stating that it is India's answer to China taking control of Gwadar.

Lol what?? Does India even have the needed infrastructure/money to build a base overseas?

Moreover, why do Indians think they have one upped Chinese? Lol...

There is already one thread which is running on the same project..... I dono what way it is going to counter gwadar......

There is already one thread which is running on the same project..... I dono what way it is going to counter gwadar......

Indian Journalists have the most vivid imagination.

Wait till India TV gets hold of this bit - they will convert it to be better than the moon landing !!

e
Indian Journalists have the most vivid imagination.

Wait till India TV gets hold of this bit - they will convert it to be better than the moon landing !!

I have india TV in my DTH.... tell you what.... I cant stand 1 min watching it.....All it does is gives enough opportunity for our pak friends to bash us.....Sad part is the quality is deteriorating in all the main stream channels as well......If this continues..... we surely give world another reason to laugh at us....

Lol what?? Does India even have the needed infrastructure/money to build a base overseas?

overseas???visakhapatnam is india.besides we've already built chahbahar port not long from ur port

what is the answer of Indians to Singapore before Chinese come here?

indians can't counter gwadar...Most important sea lanes, global choke points etc belong to Islamic Nations...what can india do? Nothing.

Chinese will get access to warm waters via Gwadar and bypass indians...

Its in our country and we have enough money for it....

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom