What's new

Sea Bird Phase II completion will make INS Kadamba largest Naval base in Asia

You do realize one in China is underground and the one India is building is out in the open.you can't possibly hide such a large base from satellites.

I know bro. The Chinese base I mentioned is for Subs while the one in India is mainly for surface ships. My pet peeve was we need to better develop a culture of secrecy. Its so hard especilaly with IT and the NSA, but that's where we got to utilize our strengths like we did when we denotated nukes in 1998.

I know bro. The Chinese base I mentioned is for Subs while the one in India is mainly for surface ships. My pet peeve was we need to better develop a culture of secrecy. Its so hard especilaly with IT and the NSA, but that's where we got to utilize our strengths like we did when we denotated nukes in 1998.

Look at Andamans. We only are starting to develop it now since we see a threat. We got to see threats before they prop up wherever. Those Islands are strategic, its a no brainer. Security over everything, we cant allow myopic politicans to f-k us over and over again

Publicly announcing it is the biggest naval base in Asia makes it the biggest BULLSEYE in Asia! Learn from China. We Indians seriouly lack the art of being cunning. A few hits does not mean we have a culture of it. China's Hainan Sub base which is built underground was only recently leaked by Western sources. How many more do you think China may have around?

You seriously f-k us over by telling the world what your plans are before you act. No strategic culture whatsoever. I have heard the argument from some of you stating we are an open democracy, blah blah......well I got news for you. Take a look at other Developed democracies. They hide a lot of info.

Calm down, how do you want to keep such a naval base a secret anyways ?

In these days, anyone with access to the internet can find out about such things if he really wants to

Its a Huge Base , It will also have its own Runways to operate Mig-29k and P8I , Second Phase will shift from karwar and will move down south into villages like Algeri in Ankola , I have been there a decade back Small Hill i climbed back then is already gone according to people their . Whole Area will be around 20-25 km of coastal stretch .

WHY ARE COMPARING A CHINEASE SUB BASE

WITH A NAVAL base HOUSING AIR CRAFT CARRIERS DESTROYERS AND FIGHT PLANE MARITIIME PLANES/

WE are comparing apples to oranges

Britishers had planned to build a Base in Karwar but that didn't happen and for years it was neglected . IN Requires Southern base like Karwar to neglect dangers of PN Submarines who will be forced to operate further from their Base .
Sorry mate you are wrong. The only submarine proof base is Mumbai. Till 54 miles the the ocean shelf is 50 mtrs which we econsider a death zone for submarines after they fire their first torpedo / missile. Karwar is for the mirages who need a refueler on the way back. Take out the refueler and all the Mirages ditch in the sea.

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom