What's new

Top Industrial PowerHouse of Islam Geography ?

Kindly discuss Who is the biggest industrial powerhouse at R&D, design/development and manufacturing of own advanced industrial military gears at Islamic countries? List them in accordance with your point of view based on criterias you considered. If you want, Sperate industrial brends in accordance with types such as (Aerial, Missile, Land sector...etc) to make similar comparisons.

Science and industry is essential a-religious aka secular.

There cannot be a Hindu car or Muslim car
Cannot be Hindu injection or Mulsim medicine

So one should not mix religion with industry factory or research or science. .

Just talk about countries in a region or in some kind of formal union.

Otherwise such threads are useless

my 2 cents.

This is more of a global subject. Thread moved gentlemen...:coffee:

@cabatli_53 @Neptune

Did you know that a Pakistani scientist specializing in Radiochemistry and Explosives Engineering, joined MKEK in its early days in 1920s and worked there for a while. He also is the founder of Pakistan's weapons industry. The Pakistan ordnance factories at Wah. He was a veteran scientist who worked at Styer Austria for the most part.

His name was Dr Abdul Hafeez.

at the 1920s? Thats so interesting yara. Can you provide more info

Last edited:
some people have mistaken the R&D subject with Assembly factories.

Well said.

This is true with pretty much all the countries in the same league.

However I admire Turkey for keeping its econonmy going, being a NATO member, and play ing a relatively peaceful rule.

Many countries in the neighborhood cannot claim the same about their own economy and international relations,.

There is none..all Islamic countries are 4 Tier industrial countries which can neither innovate or produce. They can only copy-paste with help of foreign innovation, technology and machinery.

Economy and industrial sections and R&D
In economic section turkey is in the lead, in steel production turkey produced 35.9 million metric tonnes in 2012, Iran 14.5 million metric tonnes, in cement production Iran is first, turkey second, in the car manufacturing Iran had the lead till 2011 with 1.6 million yearly manufacturing bur because of the sanctions Iran car manufacturing has fallen to 989 thousands and now Turkey has the lead with 1072 thousands.

In nano technology Iran is 8th in the world, according to Scopus, Iran ranked 17th in terms of science production in the world in 2012 with the production of 34,155 articles, turkey 19th, in space Iran has the lead and with the launching Simorgh(this year) and Sepehr SLVs(in around 5 years) we will consolidate that position, In energy sections I don't know about other muslim countries but Iran is now building gas turbines.

SJR - International Science Ranking

NANO STATISTICS | Report | Number of ISI nano-articles ( Article )

MAPNA Group

Defense industry

Turkey is just starting and many of Turkish defense products are based on technology transfer(T-155, Hurkus, T-129, Altay tank) and foreign parts(TAI anka, MILGEM,SOM), turkey will be more self sufficient in the future, Iran is using reverse engineering and modification but we are now starting to make our own designs(Raad AA, Shahed-129, Fotros, Fateh submarine, Sahand frigate, and soon Saba 248 helicopter).

In the Islamic countries Pakistan is much more advanced in nuclear technology(with Iran close behind), in missile technology I can say that Iran and Pakistan are almost on the same level(with Iran have more expertise in AT and AA missiles but pakistan is having a lead in cruise missiles).

A nation that does not protect, take care of her army, isn't good on my opinion. I'm highly secular, and I believe in Atatürk's 6 Principles. I also attended Gezi protests. When the gov't particularly restricts the alcohol it turns up to a nation wide protest, but when the former chief of staff, 4-star officer was charged for founding&leading a terroris org...people did nothing...i don't believe that we're strong at any geographic, religious, etnic groups.

IMHO; it should be Iran followed by Turkey. The others are not even in the fray.

They have the highest number of scientific articles produced amongst all the Muslim countries.

Not only that, they have done so without access to the global scientific community. I mean in my research, just yesterday I ordered 1 actuator from Germany, 1 from Taiwan, 2 from Japan, 1 from China and 3 from the US. Just for testing purposes.

For Iran, they can't do ANY of that, they have to develop their own. The fact that they are still topping the number of journal articles speaks volumes.

IMO, Iran is quite probably one of the most under rated countries in the world.

That being said they are no industrial powerhouse.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom