What's new

Top 15 nations with the highest military expenditure

Because of % of GDP

---------- Post added at 05:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:55 PM ----------

North korea have a strong army? Really?

Its quantity wise quite comparable to pakistan. But i am not about the quality of their weapons in their inventory

Its called strategy, the americans print their own money out of thin air and use it to pay for lots of planes and ships. so why would anyone go head to head with them.

Well its not a strategy used by a conventional force, it is a form of irregular warfare and fought by irregular military members.

what is Canada spending so much for... who's going to attack them anyways.

UK and France has threats them to, terror and international operations.

who WANTS to attack Canadians anyways....they harmless :laugh:

in US case, at least i can understand.....they do have enemies; and surely some of their defence spending goes towards security arrangements along the border with Mexico....

the US could easily save money if it stopped supporting foreign military presence in faraway places (e.g. Okinawa, Japan)

The United States spends more on its military than rest of the top 15 nations with the highest military expenditure. The list is

US($698 billion)
China ($119 bn)
UK ($59.6 bn)
France ($59.3bn)
Russia ($58.7bn)
Japan ($54.5bn)
Germany ($45.2bn)
Saudi Arabia ($45.2bn)
India ($41.3bn)
Italy ($37bn)
Brazil ($33.5bn)
South Korea ($27.6bn)
Australia ($24bn)
Canada ($22.8bn)
Turkey ($17.5bn)

--------------------------------

India spends only $41.3bn. Putty for its size. Countries such as UK and France who don't even have enemies spend more than India does. India should increase its defense budget taking into account the largeness of the country and rivals it has in this region.

What is your take on this?

..........and it still get's it's a** owned in all the wars.....:lol:

The guerrillas don't spend as much yet they do a wonderful job! :P

..........and it still get's it's a** owned in all the wars.....:lol:

The guerrillas don't spend as much yet they do a wonderful job! :P

Well guerrillas are able to hide within the local population and get support from them. This makes them effective.

..........and it still get's it's a** owned in all the wars.....

The guerrillas don't spend as much yet they do a wonderful job!

And I'm assuming that 1971 was a tactical retreat?
Please... you are baiting the hook on this one.

Lastly, around 50,000 Kashmiris have died in the insurgency in Kashmir.
Whosoever killed them, they are still dead and I don't think the survivors would call it a wonderful job.

Such ignorance... taking pleasure out of suffering of civilians. And that's what happens, the civilians suffer the most...but I guess it is all well being behind the keyboard. Whatever your side is, you can't find anything great in this suffering.

lmao
more than 10 percent of GDP!!!
Countries don't spend that much when they're in war! The opportunity cost of something like this must be HUGE.

Its quantity wise quite comparable to pakistan. But i am not about the quality of their weapons in their inventory

Their weapons are exclusively Chinese. Pakistani weapons will soon be primarily based on Chinese systems. So if A = B and B = C ; then A = C. Simple.

who WANTS to attack Canadians anyways....they harmless

I hope you are aware of Arctic Dispute, Russians have violated Canadian Air Space several times in the past when it comes to Arctic and Alaska previously, CF-18s have been intercepting them regularly Alaska Region is 24/7 Active.

Lets not make fun the crazy russians are still stock full of weapons, looking back at Canadian Armed Forces in WW I/II was impressive.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom