What's new

To be a Muslim in India today

Its not about only some job and economic condition of certain minority which could leveled as discrimination but the hate propaganda going on in India towards muslim is the real concern. Economic and social status of pre 1945 european jews were far better than average european yet they were discriminated through hate and segregation.

Hindutva - The Hindu Way of Life this site will tell you a lot.

989a0621c3a200d9b85995d6e80fbf50.jpg

If you feel so bad for Indian Muslims you are welcome to come to India and see for your self.

And meet the people for your self.

their problems will be the same as those of any one

Sadly, there is only one discrimination in India that of the privileged and the poor

Atheism is the Future anyway.

Lady (please correct me if I am wrong), Muslims from backward areas are given priority quotas in Government jobs, Government Schools and Collages.
Additional grants are made to Minority Schools and collages where Students learn for free (well almost).

What else is equal opportunity
Appreciated. But then quota is there for even other oppressed Hindu casts too, and there is still reservations over system of quota which is creating more differences even among own hindu groups.

The grant to minority institutions are often objected and subjected to undue criticism which is creating more hurdels.

The best would be to built roads, other infrastructure in poor areas, built schools and colleges where only Muslims are given enrollment so that it is easy for them to get education. Only separating structure of a building will not harm Indian ideology so why not built separate schools and collegs for them.

Thats what I said in one of my earlier posts. Most of rich and educated Muslims left for Pakistan. in 1947. Leaving behind a week Muslim Community. and its going to take some time to bring those people into the main stream.

I do not agree with this because those migrated to Pakistan they had left their wealth, properties and treasure back there in India.

So this is not a logical argument. Above all the majority Muslims who stayed back must have been given more respect by Indians for siding with you and not Pakistan. But unfortunatly their faith is looked upon with biased.

Every religion is an Alien religion for the person for opposite religion. Don't you feel the same about Christanity, Sikhisim or foe that Matter hinduisim.

Yes agreed. And you might agree that there is alot of discrimination going on in India on the basis of religion.

Its not about only some job and economic condition of certain minority which could leveled as discrimination but the hate propaganda going on in India towards muslim is the real concern. Economic and social status of pre 1945 european jews were far better than average european yet they were discriminated through hate and segregation.

Hindutva - The Hindu Way of Life this site will tell you a lot.

BJP a hindutva-vadi party has people like Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi and Shahnawaz Hussein.

Your Hindutva related link has nothing to do with Topic.

GB

hay guy Pakistan is fighting with terrorist for the peace of Ashia not for only Pakistan our solders and peoples fighting for to decrease :flame:insurgence in Ashia
so don't be happy
and about protection of minorities in India
when Pakistan won any match against India much of Muslims :sniper:killed in India against reaction
it is best example in India the poor protection facilities for Muslims

it seem :hitwall: India fail in this regard

@ GB: Like some one said before on this thread, Tussi cha gaye ho.

I have been emotional since yesterday after heariong about the Peshawar blast and you made me cry again with your detail responce to the thread theme. Hats off.

@ all others: Please don't respond to the known pakistani and BD trolls on this thread guys. They think they know better then the actual Muslims living in India. To hell with the these trolls' views. We know we are moving forward towards a India of equalities for all religion, cast, creed, ethinicity. Insha-Allah, we'll get there pretty soon.

I would not go for the idea of freedom for these Indian Muslims, but i feel its been too long 62 years and these Muslims have failed to exert pressure for their rights using their vote bank.

So i would rather wish that they could wake up and realise the power of their vote bank. Its high time Indian Muslims should a separate political party for themselves. There have been small groups who had been allies of Congress but i think Indian Muslims need their own political party. That would be best way to go for their rights

The problem is not going to be solved by forming muslim based politcal parties. I strongly oppose such parties as they do nothing but rhetoric . Any party that is broad based and sincerely uplifts the poor will automatically help muslims. Its all the under privileged Indians that need help. Forming their own party is the worst way to fight for political rights. Infact I oppose any party based on religious affiliation as we can see the havoc it has caused in Pakistan

The real discriminated lot is the poor of India. They can be poor muslims tribals and even Brahmins. These poor are the ones who really suffer.

And let us realise that when we compare the Indian muslims, what are we comparing it to? Lets not give some absolute gold standard. Sure India is not perfect, but it has done 200% better than a number of countries in the west and the east.

Compare the muslim treatment of China or Myanmar or even some european countries. Even muslim majority countries have blatanly violated human rights, those rights (like freedom of religion and protection of their minorities) that are the very epitome of Islam.

And it is hypocritical to say "oh only so and so became president or vice president, so that is no proof of muslims doing well in India" When did most of the muslim majority countries have free and fair elections to select their own leaders? More muslims have been killed in Pakistan and neighbouring countries than muslims in India.

Infact taking the period from 2001-2009 more Pakistani soldiers would have died than in any war with India itself. So yes, every Indian muslim will say Alhamdulliah our parents were right when they stayed back and opposed the creation of Pakistan. And today, believe it or not, there are many Pakistanis who question the wisdom of its creation.

Last edited:
one another example about poor Muslims in India

:cry:

Last edited by a moderator:
The problem is not going to be solved by forming muslim based politcal parties. I strongly oppose such parties as they do nothing but rhetoric . Any party that is broad based and sincerely uplifts the poor will automatically help muslims. Its all the under privileged Indians that need help. Forming their own party is the worst way to fight for political rights. Infact I oppose any party based on religious affiliation as we can see the havoc it has caused in Pakistan

:) agreed that most of them only resort to rehtoric but again thats because they dont have any voice. Its important to give voice to Indian Muslims.

A political party for Muslims doesnt mean they are going to preach their faith and practices but for more vocal efforts for utilizing Muslim vote for their uplift.

And tell me do you see any broad based political party in India that is working for uplift of Muslims sincerly and not on the basis of political interests that too just during elections.

What about other measurs like opening educational institutes for Muslims in their own areas instead of going for quota system which is not the solution unless you have an entire education system opened for them and other underprivileged classes

What about other measurs like opening educational institutes for Muslims in their own areas instead of going for quota system which is not the solution unless you have an entire education system opened for them and other underprivileged classes

A little google on Jamia Milia or Aligarh Muslim University would have helped.

This my problem with posters like you. Always talk without knowing the facts.

Aligarh Muslim University

Jamia Millia Islamia

GB

And let us realise that when we compare the Indian muslims, what are we comparing it to? Lets not give some absolute gold standard. Sure India is not perfect, but it has done 200% better than a number of countries in the west and the east.

Compare the muslim treatment of China or Myanmar or even some european countries. Even muslim majority countries have blatanly vilated human rights that are the very epitome of Islam.

Ejaz i always feel that justifying the ills in our countries by comparing with other countries is shamful rather an ostrich like attitude that does not solve the problem.
And it is not about solely religion its about accepting a large rather largest miniorty as your own citizens irrespective of their faith.

The european countries treat Muslims badly but then they are not their first class citizens or native but migrants. On the other hand you can not compare China or Myanmar with India for China is considerd more closed to its own non-Muslim citizens too.

when a country claims to be secular and democratic then the onus is on it not on countries like China, or even Pakistan.

I often laugh at Pakistani ministers when they try to justify the infaltion or price hike by giving us examples of India and saying that oh look we have cheaper things here than there.

A little google on Jamia Milia or Aligarh Muslim University would have helped.

This my problem with posters like you. Always talk without knowing the facts.

Aligarh Muslim University

Jamia Millia Islamia

GB

And my Problem with posters like you is that you jump without going into details of when these institutions were formed.

we are talking about current Indian government and the need for building educational institutes for millions of deprived Muslims in India currently.

The institutions you mentioned were built mostly before partition and these are one of best institutions.
And if i am not wrong that is the reason that we see more educated Muslims from UP who are also doing well economically.

So the bottom line is create educational facilities for millions of deprived Indian Muslims. Give them chance and you will see they are not un-intellegent. They only lack resources.

Appreciated. But then quota is there for even other oppressed Hindu casts too, and there is still reservations over system of quota which is creating more differences even among own hindu groups.

The grant to minority institutions are often objected and subjected to undue criticism which is creating more hurdels.

Quots ayatem was envisioned to uplift the most down trodden of the society that was caused due to Mostly Colonial Past and old social system. So there had to be some resistance from so called higher casts.

The grant is usually given directly to Institution , may be people sitting on top of those institutions skim the benefits. Leaving society to suffer. Please don't blame entire country for that.

Although the government has plans to improve conditions of minorities, it is increasingly felt that the community’s
lot will change for the better only when Muslims activists and groups contribute their bit.

The best would be to built roads, other infrastructure in poor areas, built schools and colleges where only Muslims are given enrollment so that it is easy for them to get education. Only separating structure of a building will not harm Indian ideology so why not built separate schools and collegs for them.

I suggest you please look into this link.
http://www.nation.com.pk/pakistan-n...I-Hind-unveils-vision-2016-for-Indian-Muslims

I do not agree with this because those migrated to Pakistan they had left their wealth, properties and treasure back there in India.

So this is not a logical argument. Above all the majority Muslims who stayed back must have been given more respect by Indians for siding with you and not Pakistan. But unfortunatly their faith is looked upon with biased.

That property was handed over to Hindu and Sikh Families who moved from Pakistan to India during the same time leaving behind their property and treasures.

I dont think Muslims are not given respect.
I suggest you read this.
What ails Indian Muslims? Negativism

Yes agreed. And you might agree that there is alot of discrimination going on in India on the basis of religion.

Bias is every where. Think of Pakistan. Don't you have regional Bias in your Administration. Most of the top jobs are either held by Punjabis.
India is too multi regional for that kind of regional bias so we have religious bias.

Back
Top Bottom