What's new

To be a Muslim in India today

Dear Ejaz,

The above are my personal views looking at the muslims around me. If you don't agree with the same please correct me.

I have gone through the report, it talks about the statistics however it don't talk about the reasons which I have tried to put above.

The area where I stay have 60% muslim population. Be my guest and I will take you to places like Bandra plot to back my claim. The auto guy is a very small exaple out of them.

Did I say that? I am saying that is what mullah's and self proclaimed muslim leaders tell people.

Rapid Population Growth, another Reason for Muslim Backwardness

In their sinister design to outnumber all other non-Muslim population, Muslims try swell their number through fast-breeding, which would aid their capture of political power and establishment of Islamic rule. Due to this reason, compounded by religious scruples, they deliberately reject family planning measures; instead, they try to produce as many children as possible; the culture of polygamy also helps the process. An example may be cited to make the reader aware about what horrible dimension this effort may reach to. In a The Times of India press report, dated 26 June 2007 , a Muslim couple in Rajasthan produced 23 children in their 24-year married life. A friend informed me that that a Muslim man has produced 29 children out of his two wives in the state of West Bengal .

Sachar Committee Report Uncovered Backwardness of India?s Muslims, Part 2 | Faith Freedom International

I don't understand what I being a BJP and apparently a right wing supporter has got to do with this?

You talk on sacchar report but when it suits refuse Nanavati commision report on Godhra incident????

Here is another reading for you.

Indian Muslims: Myth and Reality | Indian Muslims

GB

I'm actually ok with BJP as they have accepted the Sachar committee as factual. But I was speaking more in general about the extremist organisations who perpetuate myths

Even the second source you posted backs my assertions
Fact is that highest number of bigamous marriages take place among tribals (about 14%) and Muslims are at the bottom with 5.6% bigamous marriages and upper caste Hindus have 5.8% bigamous marriages (according to the Government of India survey of 1974, the only all India survey ever conducted).

faithfreedom .org is a known Islamphobic website so I can understand where you got your misinformation from. Please go to Faithfreedom.com - exposing the lies and vile propaganda behind faithfreedom.org and secularislam.org that corrects many lies on that website.

I regularly attend the mosque and consider myself to be a devout muslim, not once have I heard in my life a religious scholar exhorting his congregation to have more kids. I would agree that there have been times where some would talk about Palestine and Iraq and against he US or some other realted issue that would not really help. But about 80-90% of the khutbas on friday are related to personal piety. Ofcourse this is in Hyderabad in Delhi the two places where I spent most of my time. But this is the general trend.

What I have realised is that there is a great deal of misconceptions between people and that can be removed only through interfaith dialogue. Not only in India but at a global level

1. Aamir Khan, my fav after Tom hanks
2. Shahrukh Khan, my gf's fav after me :yahoo:
3. A.P.J. Abdul Kalam
4. Atif Aslam, lives in Mumbai nowadays
5. Adnan Sami, lives in Mumbai nowadays
6. Wasim Akram, spends most of his time in India

Now, what's common among these people I listed, and the numerous I haven't?

They were able to raise themselves above the level, where we are stuck now, by their sheer hard work.

I love Atif Aslam, I listen to Jal, Fuzon, Gulam Ali. I admire Wasim Akram, and even want BCCI to make him a bowling coach. There are a lot of Pakistanis, who sometimes make sense to me that Pakistanis are just brothers next door.

Yes and wasim is one of them for me and he should be the next bowling coah of india ...

Also there is numerous where muslim in india got praise not only indian but also pakistani..

but can i expect some known examples from other side of border about hindus..:what:

Yes and wasim is one of them for me and he should be the next bowling coah of india ...

Also there is numerous where muslim in india got praise not only indian but also pakistani..

but can i expect some known examples from other side of border about hindus..:what:

leave the other side of the border let us focus on on the issues plaguing our people.(in this case muslims)

1)Lack of emphasis on education in the lower and ,upper class
2)Absence of a large middle class in the north
3)Marrying young woman to old Dubai Sheikhs saw it first hand in hyderabad(got to be prevented)
4)family planning (too many children given resources to the family are too thin)

Lets just call apples as apples and oranges as oranges

170 million Muslims, yet they can only have 4-5 movie stars, and may be few selected ppl who reached high status

Well so what ??

We are talking about Muslims how live in strong Middle class.

Next time when you watch a move/drama and then count the numer of Muslims working in Productions.

Also the Indian politicians are paranoid, by the the fact that Muslims populations are actually majority in some places yet they can't declare that as that would mean more qoutas for their hiring in companies.

a) Why do Muslims have to live in Ghettos ?
:coffee:, that statement itself seems quite discouraging.

b) Secondly - what exactly has family planning has to do with
with their rights to get jobs and living for their families ?

c) Sooner or later the local Muslim population in India will wake up ,
that India is not a state for them , and likely demand a freedom.

3)Marrying young woman to old Dubai Sheikhs saw it first hand in hyderabad(got to be prevented)

Politicians don't interfere for vote bank politics.

Police can't do much as mullah's label it as internal matter of muslims and police interference in their personal law matters.

but can i expect some known examples from other side of border about hindus..

Justice Rana Bhagwandas's appointment was protested by many in Pakistan as he is a Hindu and its inappropriate to have a Hindu Chief Justice in Islamic Republic of Pakistan.

that India is not a state for them , and likely demand a freedom.

Ever wondered why Bangladesh came to existance? ever wondered why many muslims stayed back in India and not joined Pakistan?

GB

170 million Muslims, yet they can only have 4-5 movie stars, and may be few selected ppl who reached high status

Well so what ??

Next time when you watch a move/drama and then count the numer of Muslims working in Productions.

Also the Indian politicians are paranoid, by the the fact that Muslims populations are actually majority in some places yet they can't declare that as that would mean more qoutas for their hiring in companies.

a) Why do Muslims have to live in Ghettos ?
:coffee:, that statement itself seems quite discouraging.

b) Secondly - what exactly has family planning has to do with
with their rights to get jobs and living for their families ?

c) Sooner or later the local Muslim population in India will wake up ,
that India is not a state for them , and likely demand a freedom

Which quotas for Companies are you talking of ?

Relax, no demands for freedom will take place. An option existed in 47 on who wants to stay where.

Family planning has to do with population control and the number of jobs ( which are not infinite). This by the way has not to do with muslims alone. Non Muslims are equally affected & to blame.

Equal opportunities exist for all to educate or self - employ themselves. I do not understand the fuss.

Rapid Population Growth, another Reason for Muslim Backwardness

In their sinister design to outnumber all other non-Muslim population, Muslims try swell their number through fast-breeding, which would aid their capture of political power and establishment of Islamic rule. Due to this reason, compounded by religious scruples, they deliberately reject family planning measures; instead, they try to produce as many children as possible; the culture of polygamy also helps the process. An example may be cited to make the reader aware about what horrible dimension this effort may reach to. In a The Times of India press report, dated 26 June 2007 , a Muslim couple in Rajasthan produced 23 children in their 24-year married life. A friend informed me that that a Muslim man has produced 29 children out of his two wives in the state of West Bengal .

Sachar Committee Report Uncovered Backwardness of India?s Muslims, Part 2 | Faith Freedom International

One sided view by a Hindu writer who has written this piece just to denounce Sachar committee report on the sorry plight of Indian Muslims.

Look at his comments about producing 24 children by one couple, this comment is without any substantial proof.

And one can easily smell the biase of this writer when he said that Indian Muslims produce more children to establish their Islamic rule.

Hindus are also more populated why they poor then ?

You have to accept the reality that whereever in India there is discrimination against Muslims as well as low cast own Hindu Indians, they are poor, uneducated, and in bad conditions.

Its the social set up and biased mindset there which is adding to their problems in India.

What I have realised is that there is a great deal of misconceptions between people and that can be removed only through interfaith dialogue. Not only in India but at a global level

Muslim cleric to take Kumbh dip to wash away religious differences

Javed Akhtar wrote songs on Krishna like Man Mohna in Jodha Akbar and Radha Kaise na jale in Lagaan.

The lagaan song was picturized on Aamir Khan and Choreographed by Saroj Khan.

Mughal - E - Azam had a song celebrating Janmashtami (Mohe Panghat Pe) written by Shakeel Badayuni, the music given by Naushad and the song filmed on Madhubala (real name Mumtaz Begum Jehan Dehlavi).

GB

Last edited:
Guys instead of Responding to the trolls posts .Let discuss the problems ailing our communities.Lets do a constructive debate(lets have its discussion as food for thought)

ever wondered why many muslims stayed back in India and not joined Pakistan?

GB

They stayed back to prove themselves Indians but unfortuantly the you the Indian Hindus still do not accept these Muslims as Indians.

And this is the most unfortunate thing these Indian Muslims are facing even after 62 years.

They stayed back to prove themselves Indians but unfortuantly the you the Indian Hindus still do not accept these Muslims as Indians.

And this is the most unfortunate thing these Indian Muslims are facing even after 62 years.

Madam I request you to focus on Peshawar.its on fire

Funny assumptions by someone who has never been to the country he is talking about.

Well so what ??

Well 800 Million Hindus can have only 10 Movies Stars. Its just a matter of professional choice.

I live in a block where most of the flats are owned by Muslims.

TO find more about Muslims in Indian entertainment industry> Please read this: The Muslim “Other” in Bollywood Cinema

They stayed back to prove themselves Indians but unfortuantly the you the Indian Hindus

I am a muslim just like Ejaz, Angrez k jailor, shabana azmi, Shahrukh khan.

Indian Hindus still do not accept these Muslims as Indians.

President of India, Chief Minister of Maharashtra, IAF ACM, Bollywood and regional superstars are the example of their acceptance.

People literally worship Bollywood muslim superstars.

GB

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom