What's new

To be a Muslim in India today

@GB

excellent post dude..

This should clear doubts about muslim in india, which many people have.

I am not saying muslim are in good or bad conditon in india.

May be some times ,i don't know, they get discriminated by other people.

but in india if they work hard they definitely praised by indian...

there are many examples in GB's Post..

Also, which should be noted that whatever discrimination faced by Indian muslim because of their religion, if there are any,then it is mainly because muslim living in other part of the world.

G W Bush:"There is no indian muslim involed in 9\11"

And also please don't advice us about muslim condition in india ,they belong to india not pakistan, first clean your own backyard mess..

To all Pakistanis Muslims are not a single monolithic block in India there are many
divisions based on class and creed
Extremely progressive among the muslims
1)Bohra
2)Shia's
3)Memon
4)Ahmadiyyas(Azim Premji)
5)Syeds

and again there are lot of other muslims such as Dhobi muslims,Bhangi muslims(worst discrimination),Ustads,Darji'setc

They are more or less plagued by the same problems like the majority community which are aggravated by their own mistakes

The important thing is you can't look at all muslims as a monolith.

You have well off muslims and you have poor muslims. You have moderates and liberals who are devout muslims but also muslims who are just so in name.

Then muslims in the south tend to be more educated and well off than their counterparts in UP, Bihar and Bengal on average.

This basically mirrors India as a whole where the south is better of than the states in the north like UP Bihar.

Muslims in South are extremely progressive(barring Hyderabad) and highly educated(Abdul Kalam and current Saudi health minister).Mallu muslims are a niche above the rest when it comes to their mindset(one of the best)

---------- Post added at 12:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:03 PM ----------

lol we are thinking the same way Ejaz

^^^^

I think this has more to do with the fact...that during the time of Partition. Most of the well of Muslim Families from North India, decided to migrate to Pakistan. Leaving behind a much poorer and uneducated Muslim community here.

West Bengal madrasas to adopt English as medium of education | ummid.com

Kolkata: If Abdus Sattar Minister of Minority Affairs in West Bengal is to be believed medium of education in the Madrasa of West Bengal will be English very soon.

"We believe in modernization of education and that is why we have decided to change medium of instruction in all the Madrasa in West Bengal to English", he said.

"This will enable the students of Madrasa to get good education and compete in competitive examinations like others", he added.

He said that from this session ten madrasa will start education in English medium. After that it will be implemented in all the 566 Madrasa.

Seventy new Madrasa have been started in the state this year. Out of them 34 are only for girls.

Abdus Sattar who himself was a teacher in Madrasa said, "Modernization of madrasas is need of the hour and we are working on this for the last several months."

"Educations of Modern science and Mathematics have already been started in some Madrasas", he informed.

Sohrab Hussain, Chairman of the Madrasa education Board said that without English we cannot give good education to the Madrasa students. That is why we have requested the Government to start education in English medium in all the Madrasa that are recognised by the Government.

When the communist first came in power in West Bengal, they had removed the English from the primary stage. Now after 20 years English has been started on primary level. Bengal Government had faced criticism that due to lack of proper knowledge of English the students of Bengal are not doing well in Competitive examinations of All India Level.

Of the total 8 crore population in West Bengal, 26% are Muslim. As most of the Bengali Muslims are either peasants or small type businessmen, they send their children to Madrasas for education. Sohrab Hussain believed that the educational status of the Muslims in the state cannot be developed without the improvement in the educational level of Madrasas.

^^^^You seriously sounds like you got your information from propaganda sources. Your stereotypes are typical of the right wing propaganda.

Dear Ejaz,

The above are my personal views looking at the muslims around me. If you don't agree with the same please correct me.

I suggest you you go through the Sachar committee report where it would demolish all that you have mentioned.

I have gone through the report, it talks about the statistics however it don't talk about the reasons which I have tried to put above.

Besides its only your word about it we don't have any credible sources backing your assertion

The area where I stay have 60% muslim population. Be my guest and I will take you to places like Bandra plot to back my claim. The auto guy is a very small exaple out of them.

And no muslims don't have a conspiracy to outgrow the Hindu population by marrying multiple wives or having lots of babies

Did I say that? I am saying that is what mullah's and self proclaimed muslim leaders tell people.

Rapid Population Growth, another Reason for Muslim Backwardness

In their sinister design to outnumber all other non-Muslim population, Muslims try swell their number through fast-breeding, which would aid their capture of political power and establishment of Islamic rule. Due to this reason, compounded by religious scruples, they deliberately reject family planning measures; instead, they try to produce as many children as possible; the culture of polygamy also helps the process. An example may be cited to make the reader aware about what horrible dimension this effort may reach to. In a The Times of India press report, dated 26 June 2007 , a Muslim couple in Rajasthan produced 23 children in their 24-year married life. A friend informed me that that a Muslim man has produced 29 children out of his two wives in the state of West Bengal .

Sachar Committee Report Uncovered Backwardness of India?s Muslims, Part 2 | Faith Freedom International

There are valid reasons including lack of focus on education and employment by the muslim community as well as genuine griveances against government policies. However, most of your stereotypical statements are myths. Lets focus on the correct reasons backed by credible sources and reports done by the GoI.

I don't understand what I being a BJP and apparently a right wing supporter has got to do with this?

You talk on sacchar report but when it suits refuse Nanavati commision report on Godhra incident????

Here is another reading for you.

Indian Muslims: Myth and Reality | Indian Muslims

GB

^^^^

I think this has more to do with the fact...that during the time of Partition. Most of the well of Muslim Families from North India, decided to migrate to Pakistan. Leaving behind a much poorer and uneducated Muslim community here.

Not that It has got more to do with the social set up.The north had a feudal mindset(with Izzat and Auqat issues)(now its changing).Where as south India had more open and capitalist mindset(barring hyderabad city).The social and cultural issues influenced it more

Then muslims in the south tend to be more educated and well off than their counterparts in UP, Bihar and Bengal on average.

It has also to do with the education system that South states have. Lack of deobandi/wahabi stereotypes and more educated muslim families.

Where as Bihar,UP and WB have a huge number of wahabi/deobandi population and madrassa's along with it. Govenment don't act against these people for votebank politics.

Muslims refuse to get their children vaccinated | Bihar News | Jai Bihar

GB

Not that It has got more to do with the social set up.The north had a feudal mindset(with Izzat and Auqat issues)(now its changing).Where as south India had more open and capitalist mindset(barring hyderabad city).The social and cultural issues influenced it more

Or it could be a combination of both. I wish Muslim leadership was a able to Group together like Sikh leadership. They have taken absolute control of their fate. And look at most of Sikh community They have the highest per capita income in India.

The important thing is you can't look at all muslims as a monolith.

You have well off muslims and you have poor muslims. You have moderates and liberals who are devout muslims but also muslims who are just so in name.

This basically mirrors India as a whole where the south is better of than the states in the north like UP Bihar.

yes true economic prosperity and education is a basic thing to uplift the standard of living of any community.

And indian muslim is doing great in this context,just read "World is flat" by thomas .l. friedman.;)

It has also to do with the education system that South states have. Lack of deobandi/wahabi stereotypes and more educated muslim families.

Where as Bihar,UP and WB have a huge number of wahabi/deobandi population and madrassa's along with it. Govenment don't act against these people for votebank politics.

Muslims refuse to get their children vaccinated | Bihar News | Jai Bihar

GB
the problem is with the so called Chamcha leaders who act as laisoners btw the politicians and the voters.Keeping them in the dark is beneficial to them (Azam Khan belongs to this brigade)

1. Aamir Khan, my fav after Tom hanks
2. Shahrukh Khan, my gf's fav after me :yahoo:
3. A.P.J. Abdul Kalam
4. Atif Aslam, lives in Mumbai nowadays
5. Adnan Sami, lives in Mumbai nowadays
6. Wasim Akram, spends most of his time in India

Now, what's common among these people I listed, and the numerous I haven't?

They were able to raise themselves above the level, where we are stuck now, by their sheer hard work.

I love Atif Aslam, I listen to Jal, Fuzon, Gulam Ali. I admire Wasim Akram, and even want BCCI to make him a bowling coach. There are a lot of Pakistanis, who sometimes make sense to me that Pakistanis are just brothers next door.

the problem is with the so called Chamcha leaders who act as laisoners btw the politicians and the voters.Keeping them in the dark is beneficial to them (Azam Khan belongs to this brigade)

Not to forget Arjun Singh (then HRD Minister) who provided all the legal support for the basterds of Jamia Milia who were involved in Shaheed Mohan Chand encounter.

Not to forget Amar Singh who called Mohan Chand encounter fake then gave a 10 lakh cheque to family of Mohan Chand which bounced.

GB

"We believe in modernization of education and that is why we have decided to change medium of instruction in all the Madrasa in West Bengal to English", he said.

This is what I dislike about madrassa's and an exact thing the minister pointed out.

Modernization of education in Madarssa's. Make them compitative.

GB

Back
Top Bottom