What's new

To be a Muslim in India today

Lets just call apples as apples and oranges as oranges

170 million Muslims, yet they can only have 4-5 movie stars, and may be few selected ppl who reached high status

Well so what ??

We are talking about Muslims how live in strong Middle class.

Next time when you watch a move/drama and then count the numer of Muslims working in Productions.
That is the lamest excuse Indians come up with justifying that by having few known movie stars (who BTW 99% are either having a Hindu mother or a Hindu father, or who have adopted Hinduism), by having a Muslim president, they are doing justice to millions of Indian Muslims who are on sorry state.

c) Sooner or later the local Muslim population in India will wake up ,
that India is not a state for them , and likely demand a freedom.

I would not go for the idea of freedom for these Indian Muslims, but i feel its been too long 62 years and these Muslims have failed to exert pressure for their rights using their vote bank.

So i would rather wish that they could wake up and realise the power of their vote bank. Its high time Indian Muslims should a separate political party for themselves. There have been small groups who had been allies of Congress but i think Indian Muslims need their own political party. That would be best way to go for their rights

President of India, Chief Minister of Maharashtra, IAF ACM, Bollywood and regional superstars are the example of their acceptance.

People literally worship Bollywood muslim superstars.

GB
All these posts have nothing to with empowering majority Muslims in India. The real power rest with the majority non-Muslims in the power structure of politics. And you and i and everyone knows that political parties just use such steps for political gains and grabbing Muslim votes there it has absolutly nothing to do with improving status of Indian Muslims.

Movie stars are worshiped everywhere irrespective of their faith so there is nothing outstanding about India.

by having a Muslim president, they are doing justice to millions of Indian Muslims who are on sorry state.

How about a muslim chief minister elected by people?

So i would rather wish that they could wake up and realise the power of their vote bank. Its high time Indian Muslims should a separate political party for themselves. There have been small groups who had been allies of Congress but i think Indian Muslims need their own political party. That would be best way to go for their rights.

Muslim political parties of India.

Indian Union Muslim League
All India Majlis-e-Ittehadul Muslimen
Akhil Bharatiya Muslim League
All India Muslim Forum
Bhartiya Muslim Party
Dalit Muslim Vikas Party
Muslim Majlis Uttar Pradesh
Paschim Begal Rajya Muslim League

Kashmiri Political Parties

Jammu and Kashmir National Conference
Jammu and Kashmir National Panthers Party
Jammu and Kashmir People's Democratic Party
Jammu Kashmir Democratic Liberation Party
Jammu and Kashmir Democratic Freedom Party
All Jammu & Kashmir Patriotic Peoples Front

Major political party lead by a muslim

AUDF - Assam United Democratic Front - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

GB

---------- Post added at 01:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:08 PM ----------

All these posts have nothing to with empowering majority Muslims in India. The real power rest with the majority non-Muslims in the power structure of politics. And you and i and everyone knows that political parties just use such steps for political gains and grabbing Muslim votes there it has absolutly nothing to do with improving status of Indian Muslims.

Movie stars are worshiped everywhere irrespective of their faith so there is nothing outstanding about India.

Indian Team captains, India Muslim enterprenour's, Muslim Chief Justice and the list goes on and on and on.

GB

That is the lamest excuse Indians come up with justifying that by having few known movie stars (who BTW 99% are either having a Hindu mother or a Hindu father, or who have adopted Hinduism), by having a Muslim president, they are doing justice to millions of Indian Muslims who are on sorry state.

Everyone is offered equal opportunities here. It is for the individual to cease the opportunity and capitalize on it. No one offers free lunches. But everyone is offered opportunities.

But I pity the thoughts here that say state is responsible for feeding someone who does not want to work hard.
No one from any religion is offered anything on a golden platter, everyone works and achieves his goals.

Why should entire India be responsible for some no performing Individuals (from any religion).

I would not go for the idea of freedom for these Indian Muslims, but i feel its been too long 62 years and these Muslims have failed to exert pressure for their rights using their vote bank.

So i would rather wish that they could wake up and realise the power of their vote bank. Its high time Indian Muslims should a separate political party for themselves. There have been small groups who had been allies of Congress but i think Indian Muslims need their own political party. That would be best way to go for their rights

Agreed, Muslims have to realize the value of their vote and use it to move forward. Look a Sikh community. Punjab is an excellent example where all the national parties are dependent on regional parties . And all regional Politicians are Sikhs and provide leadership to the entire community.

Muslims do have few political leaders but they are more concerned towards fulfilling their own vested interest.

Why blame whole India if there is no one in Indian Muslim community willing to lead from the front.

How about a muslim chief minister elected by people?

Muslim political parties of India.

Indian Union Muslim League
All India Majlis-e-Ittehadul Muslimen
Akhil Bharatiya Muslim League
All India Muslim Forum
Bhartiya Muslim Party
Dalit Muslim Vikas Party
Muslim Majlis Uttar Pradesh
Paschim Begal Rajya Muslim League

I stated in my post that there are small street groups of Muslims these can be called as street committees and not an influencial political party. But still if they workd togather they can have a national political party which can have more power to negotiate with big non-Muslim political parties for the rights of Indian Muslims.

Kashmiri Political Parties

Jammu and Kashmir National Conference
Jammu and Kashmir National Panthers Party
Jammu and Kashmir People's Democratic Party
Jammu Kashmir Democratic Liberation Party
Jammu and Kashmir Democratic Freedom Party
All Jammu & Kashmir Patriotic Peoples Front

Well these are not Indian Muslims rather they are Kashmiris and we all know that Kashmir is not part of India, neither Kashmiri Muslims are like Indian Muslims.

Indian Team captains, India Muslim enterprenour's, Muslim Chief Justice and the list goes on and on and on.

Again this does not justify progress of common millions of poor Indian Muslims.

Many western countries have Muslims a MPs and on other posts and at different departments so what is so outstanding about India if you had any few Muslims on such posts.

Lets be realistic.

Ejaz has done some good analysis, so instead of justifying sorry plight of Indian Muslims it would be far better for both India and Indian Muslims that their problems should be addressed rationally.

:pakistan:

it is true that Muslim the minority in India but our government provided all facilities to Indian minority in Pakistan

why Indian government can not do so ???????????????

hare is one example of Muslims and all minorities in India

Quota for Muslims & India's myriad minorities Anand Soondas Wednesday June 10, 2009

India owes a debt to many – large swathes of populations, cultures, peoples – for past discriminations, perhaps from the time of Manu. Reservations, quota and some forms of positive discrimination can be one way, though still inadequate, to hit the road to redemption and attempt to cleanse history’s garbage.

Often, the announcements of the Indian government are like the use of signals by bad drivers. They turn right when they indicate left, or don’t take a turn at all. For now, though, minority affairs minister Salman Khursheed has made some sensible statements on the issue of quota for Muslims, saying a blanket envelope for the community may just misfire and that other "angles" can be explored to provide them a much needed relief in an Indian socio-political-economic milieu that can most obviously retard progress and harm growth for many of those not already in the forefront of life.

Reservation for the entire Muslim community is a high-voltage issue that can short circuit a lot of what Khursheed and UPA 2 may have in mind, for the better. But there is certainly a case for positive discrimination – not quota per se – but incentives to hirers in private and government workplaces, educational and vocational institutes to pepper the workforce with a few minority faces. It would send a great message if in a government school in Gujarat there are 5 Muslim teachers, one Christian and one Sikh among the 30 Hindus. Not asking for the moon, really. But it would be a beginning. Schools, and by extension offices, universities, banks, that do it could, for example, get preference with government funds for expansion and uplift.

The University of Michigan until recently gave applicants more points if they were Blacks. And though the US Supreme Court in 2003 called this unconstitutional, it left a small window open by saying less explicit preferences could be allowed. The underline is this: diversity of any kind is healthy. And India is no exception.

It cannot be denied that the Muslim community as a whole needs some push from the government, but because some of them are already clubbed in the OBC list a quota for the whole lot of them may face tremendous opposition, perhaps rightly so. And what about the Buddhist and Christian communities then, a large chunk of which is made up of Dalit converts who still agonize about remaining a scheduled caste even after conversion?

However, if there is one thing that sets back Muslims further than their Buddhist and Christian counterparts it is their continued preference for the madarsa system of learning, something that doesn’t prepare youngsters to compete in 21st century India. Khursheed could keep this in mind as a footnote and work out ways to wean off as many Muslim children as possible from it.

This brings us to the broader debate on reservations in its present form. First, when should the transition be made to the creamy layer theory? Well, it is difficult to say as it is a concept hemmed in by intricate dynamics. After all, how can even 50 years of reservations cancel out 5,000 years of discrimination? Yes, it is true that the stronger among the weakest are increasingly hogging the benefits. It is equally true that had it not been for reservation even this much wouldn’t have happened. The strongest among Dalits still remain some of the most vulnerable in society. Clearly, there is a lot of road to be covered if we are looking at social equality as a destination.

Second, is it time for the entire quota proposal to be re-looked into and revised? If it is, then who all should avail of reservation in its latest avatar? Definitely, SCs, STs, OBC. But we are leaving out two very distressed, dispossessed and backward communities – the poor among the upper castes and women. It is time some space is given to, say, a Brahmin family of five surviving on Rs 50 a day. The poor, whether Muslim, Hindu, Christian, Parsi or Buddhist, are a minority. They will be the future’s Dalits and would need government aid:undecided:. And women? They may neither be impoverished, backward or Muslim, but can still be a glaring minority. Whatever the Sharad Yadavs and Lalu Yadavs feel, there can never be a more robust case for women’s reservation than in a country like India.

Everyone is offered equal opportunities here. It is for the individual to cease the opportunity and capitalize on it. No one offers free lunches. But everyone is offered opportunities.

But I pity the thoughts here that say state is responsible for feeding someone who does not want to work hard.
No one from any religion is offered anything on a golden platter, everyone works and achieves his goals.

Why should entire India be responsible for some no performing Individuals (from any religion).

Dear No one ask for free meal there among Indian Muslims also.

And NO there are no equal opportunities for Muslims there. Read the opening article of this thread.

Agreed, Muslims have to realize the value of their vote and use it to move forward. Look a Sikh community. Punjab is an excellent example where all the national parties are dependent on regional parties . And all regional Politicians are Sikhs and provide leadership to the entire community.

Muslims do have few political leaders but they are more concerned towards fulfilling their own vested interest.

Why blame whole India if there is no one in Indian Muslim community willing to lead from the front.

Agreed. The few local level Muslim leaders are cashing on for their own interests hence i say Muslims in India should be exposed to awareness about power of their own vote.

AS far as Sikh community is concerned well frankly they had been well off and you hardly see much poor among them. Poverty and lack of resources is the biggest thing for anyone's weakness.

Besides the faith of Sikhs is relativly accepted by the Hindu majority unlike faith of Muslims. And one can understand that as it was an alien religion for the majoirty Hindus there which has made its way there, so the biase is there and still exists even among the educated non-Muslim Indians.

I stated in my post that there are small street groups of Muslims these can be called as street committees and not an influencial political party.

Many of the above stated parties are in Lok Sabha and part of current UPA government.

AUDF is a part of Assam Government as well as UPA.

But still if they workd togather they can have a national political party which can have more power to negotiate with big non-Muslim political parties for the rights of Indian Muslims.

Muslim league itself is divided.

Well these are not Indian Muslims rather they are Kashmiris and we all know that Kashmir is not part of India, neither Kashmiri Muslims are like Indian Muslims.

If Kashmiri's are not part of India then how come they are participating aseembly and Lok Sabha elections?

PDP had a coiliation government with Congress in Kashmir now the Jammu and Kashmir National Conference is having a present J&K government with Congress.

Jammu and Kashmir National Conference is also part of the current UPA Government at centre. Farooq Abdullah is an Indian Union Minister.

PDP boss Mufti Mohammed Sayeed is a former Union Home minister of India.

If what you say is true then how come these Kashmiri parties are backing Government of India and their leaders becoming Union Ministers?

Sajjad Gani Lone (Chairman of People's Conference) a separatist was contesting 2009 Lok Sabha election and was defeated by National Conference candidate Sharifuddin Shariq.

GB

One request to pakistani friends ,please don't advice to us on the indian muslim state you are not authorize to...

And if you are so carefull about muslim then please do something about them in your country,forget hindus..

28 Oct - At least 91 killed by a car bomb in a market in Peshawar
23 Oct - At least 22 killed in three attacks in northern Pakistan
20 Oct - Eight die in the twin blasts at a university in Islamabad
16 Oct - Twelve die in a bombing in Peshawar
15 Oct - About 40 die in a series of gun and bomb attacks
12 Oct - Security convoy attacked in Swat valley,
41 die 10 Oct - Militants attack Rawalpindi army HQ - 20 killed
9 Oct - At least 50 die in Peshawar suicide blast
5 Oct - Five killed in suicide bomb at UN Islamabad offices

They are burning...

it is true that Muslim the minority in India but our government provided all facilities to Indian minority in Pakistan

hare is one example of Muslims and all minorities in India

Quota for Muslims & India's myriad minorities Anand Soondas Wednesday June 10, 2009

Did you actually read the entire thing before you posted it here. It just talks about all minorities, backward classed and quota system here in India.

What has Pakistan done for Hindus and Sikhs in Pakistan.
Here is something you would like to read:
http://www.minorityrights.org/?lid=1034

Do you know what is the Haj subsidy of India?

Do you know Madrassa students get Railway concession?

Do you know BJP lead Government approved 20 crores for R&D in Urdu language?

Do you know how many muslim universities are approved and recognized by GoI?

Do you know per capita income of muslims is highest in Gujrat under BJP who is rulling for 15+ years now?

GB

The problem is India haven't provided equal opportunity (to an acceptable level) for the minority groups in the country.

Dear No one ask for free meal there among Indian Muslims also.

And NO there are no equal opportunities for Muslims there. Read the opening article of this thread.

Lady (please correct me if I am wrong), Muslims from backward areas are given priority quotas in Government jobs, Government Schools and Collages.
Additional grants are made to Minority Schools and collages where Students learn for free (well almost).

What else is equal opportunity

Agreed. The few local level Muslim leaders are cashing on for their own interests hence i say Muslims in India should be exposed to awareness about power of their own vote.

AS far as Sikh community is concerned well frankly they had been well off and you hardly see much poor among them. Poverty and lack of resources is the biggest thing for anyone's weakness.

Besides the faith of Sikhs is relativly accepted by the Hindu majority unlike faith of Muslims. And one can understand that as it was an alien religion for the majoirty Hindus there which has made its way there, so the biase is there and still exists even among the educated non-Muslim Indians.

Thats what I said in one of my earlier posts. Most of rich and educated Muslims left for Pakistan. in 1947. Leaving behind a week Muslim Community. and its going to take some time to bring those people into the main stream.

Every religion is an Alien religion for the person for opposite religion. Don't you feel the same about Christanity, Sikhisim or foe that Matter hinduisim.

Back
Top Bottom