What's new

To all Pakistanis

Status
Not open for further replies.
ok so you are konkani muslim who migrated to pak ! it depends on ur looks mostly , generally( not every time) they get green eyes very fare skin like ajit agarkar , milind soman(international model), Maduhri Dixit , Urmila matondkar , Isha koppikar

That is only some Konkanis and I can explain how that has come about.
There are also Konkanis with quite darkish complexions and with short and extremely frizzy hair. They are descended from African Sailor Merchants who sailed from East Africa (mainly Zanzibar) to trade with India. They are called Siddis sometimes. The Siddis of Janjira (who were local Sultans for some time) were also from that stock.

I thought the siddis were in Gujarat?

I know Konkani, is it the same?

Konkani is bit different than Marathi.

BTW, came across this Karachi Kokan Jamat Yearly Report 1999-2002, something interesting that mentions about Konkani Muslims in Pakistan. Interesting !

Several Konkani Muslims carry same age old / conventional Hindu surnames like Datar, Abhyankar, Chafekar, Inamdar and loads more. Interesting enough to prove that their ancestors were brahmins in those days

BTW, came across this Karachi Kokan Jamat Yearly Report 1999-2002, something interesting that mentions about Konkani Muslims in Pakistan. Interesting !

Several Konkani Muslims carry same age old / conventional Hindu surnames like Datar, Abhyankar, Chafekar, Inamdar and loads more. Interesting enough to prove that their ancestors were brahmins in those days

Yeah, we even have our own society here near Bahadurabad. Sadly, thanks to influx of other people, it's now called Delhi Mercantile Society

Hindu & Muslim relatives ???

From India. Most of our close relatives stayed back

the common misconception that islam was spread by force and only shudras converted to islam

We have Hindu relatives and Muslim ones and we all speak the same kind.

There is a large pocket of Konkani origin people in Karachi. I found that quite a few of them were connected to the KPT and stevedoring services.

There is a large pocket of Konkani origin people in Karachi. I found that quite a few of them were connected to the KPT and stevedoring services.

What's stevedoring? Yes, the Kokan Society

the common misconception that islam was spread by force and only shudras converted to islam

Not necessary bro for the highlighted word ! But yes agree to latter part of the statement.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom