What's new

To all Pakistanis

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got the impression that they were in a few thousands then. But a shrinking community nevertheless. I saw some pictures of theirs, some cultural things were retained: e.g. the strings of beads worn by the Brides in Maharshtra (whats the word for it now?) that was still there.

Still there.

Not really. Most Kokans here are merchants who would fleece you.

I cant comment on that. But it all has maritime and trading connections, crewing ships, supplying ships loading/unloading of cargo, import-export.
There is an even smaller community of Goan origin people in Karachi. But when I used to visit there, most of them were looking forward to migrate.

Still there.

What do you call it? I racked my head-still can't remember. BTW the Grooms wear it too.

so you came without ticket
Yeah, pretty much. Met my Indian relatives in Dubai though, very nice people, though the Parkar family left in India stole our mango lands which apparently grew the Alphonsa or some other type of Mango

Yeah, pretty much. Met my Indian relatives in Dubai though, very nice people, though the Parkar family left in India stole our mango lands which apparently grew the Alphonsa or some other type of Mango

come back and reclaim it man.. you will at least enjoy the mangoes.

bet you are from bhatkal

come back and reclaim it man.. you will at least enjoy the mangoes.

bet you are from bhatkal

No idea. Sadly, my Dadi's brothers stole the land, even though the parents specifically gave her 50% of the land.

For the Alphonso (aka Hapus) mango even I will steal or even kill somebody or something!

Yeah, it's the Alphonso, just asked my Dadi. She said that her village had them and she ate them in her childhood, attended school by crossing a river but stayed at the farm during the summer despite have to cross the river because of the mangoes

sh1t happens. that land may have been sold long back

Bull's eye. Sold within the year, I believe. People who steal land rarely keep it for long, in fear of being caught

Joe Shearer is the most intelligent Indian poster on the forum, Krait and Illusion like to learn rather than troll (although both are susceptible to trolling), and Vsdoc is fine too.

As for the rest of the Indians on this forum some are scared shitless of Muslims and are so Islamophobe they don't even try to hide it, others have inferiority complexes and are little men, and the remainder are so patriotic that they overvalue India's value to the world and really believe they are a superpower yet when times comes for their government to take a little bit of charge in the form of a lousy statement they back off not wanting to get involved.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom