What's new

Time to shift PSL final to Dubai?

What does "win" mean?

They might win this battle but the greater war is the one we need to win. That said, if final is in Lahore, we should all be fully behind it, that doesn't mean it's the wisest choice. Tell that to the parents of the people who die in the next blast that it's "worth it COZ PSL". I dare you to even go tell that to the relatives of any of the people who died in the blast. One sports event has ZERO RELEVANCE. International Cricket will not come back till we end terrorism. Now it might be religiously motivated, or sponsored by India, it has zero relevance. It's time to end the scourge FIRST.

Do you know that when London was being targeted by suicide bombers attacking the tubes and busses. The mayor for London sat down with the UK cabinet and anti terrorist advisors and despite there being a clear and present threat the U.K. Government got the tubes running the next day because to disrupt transport for London by shutting down the tubes would mean the terrorists win.

Terrorists play a game of fire and psychology, give in to the psychology trauma and they "win", concede to their threats and they "win", change your plans and cower away and they "win".

I believe in our security forces to handle security for PSL final in Lahore. Have a little faith, relocating the final abroad will not only mean less revenue for Pak, it will shatter national pride, cause distress among Pakistanis fans, how many can afford to fly to Dubai? Only the elites, it was set a precedent which will be unhealthy and unsustainable should another team want to repeat in future.

Despite South Africa's violent suburbs the football final was held there, despite the crime in rio the olympics went ahead.

National pride is important dear!

Do you know that when London was being targeted by suicide bombers attacking the tubes and busses. The mayor for London sat down with the UK cabinet and anti terrorist advisors and despite there being a clear and present threat the U.K. Government got the tubes running the next day because to disrupt transport for London by shutting down the tubes would mean the terrorists win.

Terrorists play a game of fire and psychology, give in to the psychology trauma and they "win", concede to their threats and they "win", change your plans and cower away and they "win".

I believe in our security forces to handle security for PSL final in Lahore. Have a little faith, relocating the final abroad will not only mean less revenue for Pak, it will shatter national pride, cause distress among Pakistanis fans, how many can afford to fly to Dubai? Only the elites, it was set a precedent which will be unhealthy and unsustainable should another team want to repeat in future.

Despite South Africa's violent suburbs the football final was held there, despite the crime in rio the olympics went ahead.

Firstly, you can't shut down the transport system. A final is very different to shutting down the city for a long time. It's near impossible to do so.

I agree this is the game terrorists play. It's important that we counter them, and Indian interference with a strong economy and a strong response to all this. I have faith in the army to arrange security, hell, I even have faith in Nawaz to make sure that this event doesn't suffer. I also think there will be more blasts. No offence, but you can't stop random blasts in random places. The reach of these people currently is wrong. Imagine if the next attack is a school or something in Lahore. This is what I'm worried about. That said, we're all Pakistanis, I will stress this again since what I'm saying is mostly said by Desi Liberals, I'm not one. I don't think the issue is religion or something, and I do believe India does play some role in such attacks. That said, I'm sure we plan operations too, it's up to us to stop them, not for them to stop this.

Crime in Rio and all were not because of these events though. It's obvious these blasts are geared towards the finals. I accept national pride is important, but only real way to restore it is by stopping all these attacks in the first place, and that will require time. That said, if it is held here, it is our duty as Pakistanis to support PSL in every way, attend the final if we can, and buy official merchandise to help make this event a success. Any Pakistani can contribute, even those abroad, they too can buy PSL stuff to support it. It is the 2nd biggest league in the world after IPL imo. Not to be underestimated, we are bigger than Big Bash and the English T20 Slams. That is HUGE. PSL is something to be proud of, no matter where the final is. But I agree that if you hold it here, huge security, huge support, but I don't think it'll bring back cricket. But it does send a message, I agree, let's hope our agencies can prevent all the other blasts they've got planned up to that date.

P.S: I used to have the Pak flag underneath, where's it gone? :(

Firstly, you can't shut down the transport system. A final is very different to shutting down the city for a long time. It's near impossible to do so.

I agree this is the game terrorists play. It's important that we counter them, and Indian interference with a strong economy and a strong response to all this. I have faith in the army to arrange security, hell, I even have faith in Nawaz to make sure that this event doesn't suffer. I also think there will be more blasts. No offence, but you can't stop random blasts in random places. The reach of these people currently is wrong. Imagine if the next attack is a school or something in Lahore. This is what I'm worried about. That said, we're all Pakistanis, I will stress this again since what I'm saying is mostly said by Desi Liberals, I'm not one. I don't think the issue is religion or something, and I do believe India does play some role in such attacks. That said, I'm sure we plan operations too, it's up to us to stop them, not for them to stop this.

Crime in Rio and all were not because of these events though. It's obvious these blasts are geared towards the finals. I accept national pride is important, but only real way to restore it is by stopping all these attacks in the first place, and that will require time. That said, if it is held here, it is our duty as Pakistanis to support PSL in every way, attend the final if we can, and buy official merchandise to help make this event a success. Any Pakistani can contribute, even those abroad, they too can buy PSL stuff to support it. It is the 2nd biggest league in the world after IPL imo. Not to be underestimated, we are bigger than Big Bash and the English T20 Slams. That is HUGE. PSL is something to be proud of, no matter where the final is. But I agree that if you hold it here, huge security, huge support, but I don't think it'll bring back cricket. But it does send a message, I agree, let's hope our agencies can prevent all the other blasts they've got planned up to that date.

P.S: I used to have the Pak flag underneath, where's it gone? :(

They shut down the transport network in New York, Paris, germany, Boston. Just saying!

With regards to the flag, raise it with webmaster.

Do the cops in UK take bribe ? Are their politicians corrupt ? Do their intelligence or people in armed force support terrorists ? Do their people support terrorists ? Do they have politicians who want to have discussion with terrorist groups ? Do their people support someone like mumtaz ?

Do the cops in UK take bribe ? Are their politicians corrupt ? Do their intelligence or people in armed force support terrorists ? Do their people support terrorists ? Do they have politicians who want to have discussion with terrorist groups ? Do their people support someone like mumtaz ?

Why ask me, answer your own questions.

Probably, cops around the world are corrupt, ours are probably more corrupt due to lack of checks and balances.
Again, ours are more corrupt, but the answer is still yes for them too.
No. Do ours? No. Next?
No. Do ours? No. Next? If you say yes to us, then ISIS has more recruits from UK than Pakistan.
Yes, their current opposition leader has negotiated with the IRA, Hezbollah, among others. Have ours done so? Actually, no.
Do ours? No. Do theirs? No.

So relevance is zero. There is a reason I wanted actual Pakistani discussion only, and it's because YOU are not aware of our internal environments. We are. It is nowhere near as bad and scary as people say, it's also nowhere near as good as some people say.

So Quetta foreign players so no, the production company has pulled out, wonder what kind of message we're sending now to the terrorists?

How many blasts are we going to see to stop this final? Might as well shift it, end the scourge and then go again next year. PSL is here to stay, we can have it next year.

Yea, some may argue that's what they want, or what India wants, but so what? Is one final worth so many lives? And even if it's India, we should launch an operation to end their network by next year, or next two years and then hold the final in a peaceful Pakistan at the end of it. I don't see how holding PSL in Pakistan is going to prove anything now
No lives will be lost InshAllah and why do you people quit so early. Fight has only just begun. Relax and have some faith

So Quetta foreign players so no, the production company has pulled out, wonder what kind of message we're sending now to the terrorists?

The production company can be replaced and so can the foreign players.
THIS IS PAKISTAN AND WE WILL RISE FROM THE ASHES. BIGGER BETTER AND STRONGER. We don't quit the enemy will.
You are either with us or with India

No lives will be lost InshAllah and why do you people quit so early. Fight has only just begun. Relax and have some faith

Niazi lovers could only knows how to surrender and in mass, Faith and Fight is not in their genes.

Rauf Klasra‏Verified account @KlasraRauf
Just bcaz Imran Khan has opposed PSL at LHR so now its religious duty of all PTI wala to defend what he said? لکیر کے فقیر

Last edited:
Niazi lovers could only knows how to surrender and in mass, Faith and Fight is not in their genes.

Just bcaz Imran Khan has opposed PSL at LHR so now its religious duty of all PTI wala to defend what he said? لکیر کے فقیر

I mean Khan is becoming a true politician.
A politician is a trained liar. So what can we expect from politicians.
For the purposes of clarity I hate all politicians equally

Oh big words from supporter of a Butt who kissed Saudi *** to save his skin btw do you say the same about people like General Niazi,Misbah ul Haq,Tufeel Niazi and Imran Khan?
16998236_870181983122318_6614037960864990150_n.jpg

Is it really psl without its foreign touch abd is it wise to hold an event in Lahore when there is an operation going on and sleeper cells have been activated?
Seriously you dont risk lives over baboon,s big ego we should wait two more seasons before we do that we dont want a situation that would cause us harn even Javed Miandad and PP agrees with Imran Khan we would love to have intl teams here byt we should avoid putting lives at risk until we normalize the situation

What kind of final will we have without intl touch a rotten Faysal Bank type?
And what message does it sends the world when there is curfew like situation in a major Pakistani city and 1000,s of armed rangers doing police duty how will the doreign players enjoy themselves in such a tense situation and under fear?
Plus without intl players all teams get weaker

One team in final will have zero international players in a city where there's a curfew enforced. If you think International Cricket's happening on the back of that, you're mad.
PSL Final should happen in Pakistan, for international cricket to return

Back
Top Bottom