What's new

Time to shift PSL final to Dubai?

How many blasts are we going to see to stop this final? Might as well shift it, end the scourge and then go again next year. PSL is here to stay, we can have it next year.

Yea, some may argue that's what they want, or what India wants, but so what? Is one final worth so many lives? And even if it's India, we should launch an operation to end their network by next year, or next two years and then hold the final in a peaceful Pakistan at the end of it. I don't see how holding PSL in Pakistan is going to prove anything now
Then we sud move ourselves to dubai. Everyone wants to move this final let's see how pakistani and particularly lahories going to response to this.
We remember that there was a blast when Zimbabwe team was touring lahore.
Some time offence is the best defence.

And let our terrorist neighbors accomplish they're goal... Never.

The past week or so has been an eye-opener.. the ease that which our enemies are able to strike on our soil is astonishing.

What if next year Goes the same way
we are close to PSL final and Prime Minister has said That the Psl final will be held in Pakistan
If we didn't do it now .We will be regarded as Fearful nation and Indian media.........

No damn way. Come what may, even if not a single foreign player comes in, still the final should be held in Lahore.Period.
Every Pakistani wants this
If this time no foreign player Come to Pakistan then there are more seasons to come

No we shouldn't be scared and shouldn't give India their victory.
Final should be in Lahore, no matter what

I am not so concerned about the safety of the final. Just like our nuclear sites or ISI HQ, I'm sure Gaddafi Stadium can be secured.

The real question is whether playing a match under the protection of commandos, helos, barbed wire and APCs is really in the spirit of sport. Of course a match can be held in a hypothetical nuclear bunker too --- but where's the fun in that?

BTW, I do support keeping it in Lahore because otherwise we will be giving into terrorist pressure and India's wet dream.

This topic is heart-breaking by itself.

No PSL stays in Pakistan, PSL is Pakistan Super League, not Emirates Super League.

PSL final is not the only thing .... we are sending a message to the world that we are incapable of providing security to international players and we aren't worth of any investments. In my opinion, I'd rather say that final should be held in Pakistan, it's certainly NOT about the game , it's about us , it's about Pakistan!

No Indians in this thread please, want this to be a purely Pakistani discussion.

I think holding it in Lahore doesn't send any message. You're mad if you don't think India won't and can't target something remotely related to PSL to ensure nothing like this ever happens again. The best way to get revenge on India now is to seal the borders, which we've done, have a huge operation for all Indian agents, sleeper agents and genuine terrorists. It will take an year, maybe two. Then keep the borders sealed and start bringing back cricket, tennis, hockey, without need for huge amounts of security.

Maybe retaliate with another Mumbai. Holding the final proves nothing imo.

That said, if it's held here, we should give massive security and I hope all Lahoris turn up for the final in huge numbers.

Yes do that and the terrorists win!
Terrorists won't win with one shifted final, they'll win if they're not attacked and stopped, and their funding from India/other areas stopped.

How many concessions before you people open your eyes.

Of course it should be held in Lahore

But what do the foreign players think and say

They don't have to play if they are not satisfied with security. It's in their contract to play, if they are not satisfied they can breach contract.

No Indians in this thread please, want this to be a purely Pakistani discussion.

I think holding it in Lahore doesn't send any message. You're mad if you don't think India won't and can't target something remotely related to PSL to ensure nothing like this ever happens again. The best way to get revenge on India now is to seal the borders, which we've done, have a huge operation for all Indian agents, sleeper agents and genuine terrorists. It will take an year, maybe two. Then keep the borders sealed and start bringing back cricket, tennis, hockey, without need for huge amounts of security.

Maybe retaliate with another Mumbai. Holding the final proves nothing imo.

That said, if it's held here, we should give massive security and I hope all Lahoris turn up for the final in huge numbers.

Terrorists won't win with one shifted final, they'll win if they're not attacked and stopped, and their funding from India/other areas stopped.

Ofc the terrorists will win, stop being so narrow minded.

Ofc the terrorists will win, stop being so narrow minded.
What does "win" mean?

They might win this battle but the greater war is the one we need to win. That said, if final is in Lahore, we should all be fully behind it, that doesn't mean it's the wisest choice. Tell that to the parents of the people who die in the next blast that it's "worth it COZ PSL". I dare you to even go tell that to the relatives of any of the people who died in the blast. One sports event has ZERO RELEVANCE. International Cricket will not come back till we end terrorism. Now it might be religiously motivated, or sponsored by India, it has zero relevance. It's time to end the scourge FIRST.

Let's assume nothing happens in PSL. Do you think international cricket will come back?

The bigger issues in our country are terrorism, economy and the relative strength of our army/ navy/ air force. Currently, all three are struggling. Terrorism hurts our economy, corruption is high which hurts it even more, and lack of investment means our army is behind in technology. We need competence, one final is nothing.

In fact, whole PSL shows lack of planning. Tickets in Dubai are too expensive for majority of people. Important thing for PSL was atmosphere, and many games have lacked it due to high prices. It should have been way cheaper, so we could have full, bouncing stadiums filled with thousands. But I'm getting sidetracked here. The final being held here sends a message to terrorists that we won't back down. So will a huge operation, with borders being sealed, and any attempts at entry being shot on sight. One will only show fight, the other will show fight and results.

My main issue with the final is that ANY thing, any thing at all, anywhere near Lahore and forget cricket, no one's coming to Pakistan then.

Btw, Pakistan's problem isn't a lot of Madrassahs, etc, the biggest problem is how easy it is for people to get hold of explosive material. That stuff shouldn't be so easy to get. Sealed borders, massive operation needed. I don't think proving a point is worth 100's of lives. What's worth those lives is an operation to end it once and for all. And a tight slap to India via another Mumbai type attack.

Pakistan is under war and has almost lost a lakh people. They are the most brave people in this planet.True muslims. Event must take place even if 500-600 more get martyred. I stand with Pakistan and its people.

Back
Top Bottom