What's new

Time to Hang Sarbajit Singh ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
23 years of solitary confinement in prison!

"Shaukat Salim, a key witness in the case against Sarabjit, was caught on tape retracting his statement on April 26, 2008. Salim's father and other relatives were killed in the attack. Although In court and he had said that Sarabjit was the one who had planted the bomb. But later on he accepted that he had made the statements implicating Sarabjit under pressure from the Pakistani police."

"Pakistani human rights activist Ansar Burney had claimed that none of the four FIRs lodged in regard to the bombings contained Sarabjit’s name or his description. Sarabjit was arrested on the night of Aug 30, 1990, at Kasur Border for illegally crossing the India-Pakistani border. But after eight days, the police implicated him in the terrorist bombings."

"Burney also pointed out that a single magistrate had recorded the statements of the witnesses in all the four cases, one in Faislabad and three in Lahore. In spite of fact that the cases were lodged in four different police stations and two different districts. He said four different magistrates should have recorded the statements. None of the statements recorded in front of the magistrate was taken under oath. Sarabjit was also not been presented in an identity parade in front of a magistrate. Rather he was brought in front of witnesses, in the absence of a magistrate, and the police informed the witnesses that he was the culprit. "

"The trial was conducted in English - Mr Singh does not speak or understand English - and an interpreter was not provided. There are other serious questions over the fairness of his trial, including allegations that he was tortured in custody and forced to confess" She held that Sarabjit's trial was fast tracked and the main witness has repeatedly changed his version of events."

And the moderator of this forum championing the cause for his hanging, and warning to other members, pointing out any shortfalls in the system will lead to a "off topic infraction"

So why wasn't Sarabajit singh able to prove his innocence for 23 years with all of that access to lawyers and respected human rights activists like Ansar Burni for 23 years with proofs ?

Confessed to spying. Never confessed to any charges of manslaughter...

even the RAW spy we released (out of our own goodwill) --i.e. Surjeet -- the man you're referring to - admitted that Sarabjhit Singh is a terrorist

all of his mercy pleas have been rejected.....and now we are wasting time feeding him and having him waste space in the prisons

Yar koi is roty bachy sandy_3126 ko uska defence lawyer bna do.
Then make another KD Pathak Sandy's Adaalat here:rofl:

No one is allowed to criticize our judicial system, its our business not yours. You just have to live with it.

I thought discussing the shortfalls of pakistani legal system is constituted as "off topic rants",

There are no shortfalls, the fact that he is still in jail is because he wasn't able to prove his innocence for 23 years, he was allowed to plea for his sentence 5 times, and he will be hanged because his govt ended his last chance of survival.

No one is allowed to criticize our judicial system, its our business not yours. You just have to live with it.

^thanks, good to know that, this should have been a disclaimer , wouldn't have costed me two infractions.

There are no shortfalls, the fact that he is still in jail is because he wasn't able to prove his innocence for 23 years, he was allowed to plea for his sentence 5 times, and he will be hanged because his govt ended his last chance of survival.

Can you please shine the light on the bolded part in your expert opinion.

^thanks, good to know that, this should have been a disclaimer , wouldn't have costed me two infractions.

You didn't read his post. Your answer has been given to you. We didn't say a thing about Indian judicial system, so wouldn't you about ours, its transparent and independent [Our courts just fired a prime minister and dragged Army into answering the inquiries] . Its our country, and that Indian terrorist has been given EVERY chance to appeal but he failed. And his govt failed his last possible chance of survival by pulling off an election stunt.

Poor guy

Can you please shine the light on the bolded part in your expert opinion.

Sarcasm would earn you nothing with me.

His last chance of survival could have been allowing Pakistani FIA to investigate Kasab, independently interview him, establish his identity and a swap with the Indian govt IF Kasab's identity was proven to be Pakistani by Pakistani authorities. He could have served time in Pakistan - Sarabajit would have served a life sentence,by then and would have been a free Indian citizen. But congress had an election stunt in mind, much more important than Sarbajits life.

the callousness of senior pakistani members/mods of comparing a mass murderer terrorist with a prisoner of 23 years of solitary confinement whose implication is shrouded in controversy just amazes me. last post from me on this thread.
@Aeronaut, you exactly know what your are trying to preach here, It is very unfortunate that this is the message you are giving to your youth.

Last edited by a moderator:
the callousness of senior pakistani members/mods of comparing a mass murderer terrorist with a prisoner of 23 years of solitary confinement whose implication is shrouded in controversy just amazes me. last post from me on this thread.
@Aeronaut, you exactly know what your are trying to preach here, It is very unfortunate that this is the message you are giving to your youth.

No,its your Failure to admit that Sarabajit is also a mass murder. And Aeronaut is preaching, justice for the victims of his terrorism and to end his misery, faster. There is no legal ground for him breathing any more on our taxpayers money. Pull the damn handle.

Last edited by a moderator:
He got what he deserved, its time to give Sarbajit what he deserves.

I agree with you...Please donot compare your nations respect wrt to a terrorist...If you think Sarbajit Singn is a terrorist then take due course of action....But if you punish him just because another terrorist got punished, then the original cause for which Sarbajit Singh needs to be punished will get diluted which will give a perceptional sympathy for him...

So here is my thought, every guilty should be punished....not because it is an act of revenge...but rather than because he is guilty and needs to be punished..

Good image by keeping a convicted terrorist alive, who is munching parathas everyday on tax payers cash and not serving justice to the victims ? - Brilliant!

This is not something new. Please refer to Scandinavian countries. Their jails feels very much like home. No matter how bad some people are, but this is humanity we are talking about.

ISI sponsered LET in the 80's and India responded back with RAW these games were stopped when Bhutto made a deal but why now in 2012 history must repeat itself? remember India released a Pakistani who was also a terrorist on good will

I agree with you...Please donot compare your nations respect wrt to a terrorist...If you think Sarbajit Singn is a terrorist then take due course of action....But if you punish him just because another terrorist got punished, then the original cause for which Sarbajit Singh needs to be punished will get diluted which will give a perceptional sympathy for him...

So here is my thought, every guilty should be punished....not because it is an act of revenge...but rather than because he is guilty and needs to be punished..

Brilliant, post.

I, don't want tit for tat vis visa Manmohan's political stunt. But Pakistan's failure to execute him is a pain for his victims, 5 mercy pleas have been denied. He has spend 23 years in prison, we should learn from India's "swift justice model" and end his misery.

ISI sponsered LET in the 80's and India responded back with RAW these games were stopped when Bhutto made a deal but why now in 2012 history must repeat itself? remember India released a Pakistani who was also a terrorist on good will

We released one in return. But it won't be happening for this dude i think.

sarabjit_singh.jpg

Indian terrorist has been munching on parathas for around 23 years now. India has set a precedent that Pakistan should follow. They have been accusing Pakistan, left right and center, without cooperating with Pakistan to finish investigation of the Mumbai attacks - we will never have a conclusion now, nor a prisoner swap.

This is time when we do to this terrorist behind the murder of innocent Pakistanis in Lahore and Multan[Based on our investigation], what Indians did to the terrorist behind the murder of innocent Indians in Mumbai [Based on their investigation]. Why treat them both differently? -Its time to send him to see God.

Whats your opinion ?

and you are a moderator ??????? Thats why I dont bother much with this forum anymore, you are comparing a person who killed hundreads of people to someone who have been "accused" of spying with no real proof ?

People like you are the reason India and Pakistan are where they are today in terms of relations between the countries. Go ahead and hang him if that satisfies you ego.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom