What's new

Time has come for private players to produce arms: DRDO chief

why go for a complete package from a particular company ?

pick the best thing from the best company and go for a complete punch :agree:
Indeed, and that is exactly what TATA is actually doing (see the Kestral- Norwegian RCWS/Turret, Chassis from DRDO and they provide the drive train electronics and some other sub-systems). To date Ashok Leyland has offered purely part of the puzzle i.e. the Truck Chassis but do not make themselves the lead integrator or prime contractor, this is a business model that may work for them but clearly they are not investing as deeply as TATA or Mahindra for instance.

Let the DRDO,HAL and Team do all the research ans stuff,private players can do the nasty production stuff!

I mean,let them make the recipe,private players will be churning products like hot buns.

that is also a very good idea. . by doing this. . HAL and DRDO can shift their complete focus on R&D and R&D only . . yielding results at a better pace :)

Let the DRDO,HAL and Team do all the research ans stuff,private players can do the nasty production stuff!

I mean,let them make the recipe,private players will be churning products like hot buns.
No doubt about it, case in point- the Kestral:

kestrel-tata.jpg

Back
Top Bottom