What's new

Tim Horton set any new single day global sales record in 61 years

The Pakistani people understand only two languages: The Stick or The Cash!

Privatise everything. Pakistan is at a point where anything "government owned" is guaranteed to be stolen 100%.

Unless the Sharif, the Bhutto, the Generals, the Mullahs and their crony families have their hands chopped off as per the Islamic law for stealing the country's wealth, and further hung for the crime of spreading corruption and oppression which Islam considers to be worse than murder, nothing short of absolute and complete privatisation of every particle of dust will do.

Either that, or be prepared for the fire that is coming for the Pakistani society.
Even if you privatise everything people will take advantage of it, at the very least there needs to be government regulation and rules that certain markets should follow

Monitoring certain areas with regular checks as well as meeting certain rules and regulations to meet a certain standard and so they aren't exploiting people

Even if you privatise everything people will take advantage of it, at the very least there needs to be government regulation and rules that certain markets should follow

Monitoring certain areas with regular checks as well as meeting certain rules and regulations to meet a certain standard and so they aren't exploiting people
Have you seen how an average store owner in Pakistan keeps things in check? He does not trust his own brother for it.

You don't understand; rules and regulations, checks and balances etc, are already in place.

The Pakistani society is completely, deeply and utterly corrupt.

They were stealing electricity even at many masjids!

To be fair you'd probably find the same in most third world countries,
Wasn't referring to Pakistanis in particular.

to them everything in the west is super advanced, super fancy and of a higher calibre
Exactly my point. It's pure decadence at it's core. It has nothing to do with the oft banged-on about quality . You can get quality cup of coffee without paying 5k a cup.

Have you seen how an average store owner in Pakistan keeps things in check? He does not trust his own brother for it.

You don't understand; rules and regulations, checks and balances etc, are already in place.

The Pakistani society is completely, deeply and utterly corrupt.

They were stealing electricity even at many masjids!
Rules and regulations will be required for certain sectors so people don't take advantage of it.

Education sector even if privatised will require some rules by the government to meet standards or make it mandatory to teach certain subjects.

And also some pricing regulations in certain sectors like railways if they were to ever be privatised. Maybe minimum wage laws.

Just things like this to ensure the private sector isn't exploitative and still organised in terms of national interests...

Exactly my point. It's pure decadence at it's core. It has nothing to do with the oft banged-on about quality . You can get quality cup of coffee without paying 5k a cup.
Western branding has that power - especially famous western brands. It's more for the aesthetic and less to do with the actual taste.

Rules and regulations will be required for certain sectors so people don't take advantage of it.

Education sector even if privatised will require some rules by the government to meet standards or make it mandatory to teach certain subjects.

And also some pricing regulations in certain sectors like railways if they were to ever be privatised. Maybe minimum wage laws.

Just things like this to ensure the private sector isn't exploitative and still organised in terms of national interests...

Western branding has that power - especially famous western brands. It's more for the aesthetic and less to do with the actual taste.
No, that will result in just more "Babus" and bureucrats.

Exam results are all that are needed for an educational system.

The Pakistani society is beyond any regulations based solution.

Privatise everything, that is the only way forward.

This behavior is what can't be excused. Sure, if you have have 5k to spend on a cup of coffee then go ahead. There's no law against it but you will be called out for the moral degeneracy. Don't go "I have a six figure salary and I can't even have a 5k cup of coffee. What tyranny"

This behavior is what can't be excused. Sure, if you have have 5k to spend on a cup of coffee then go ahead. There's no law against it but you will be called out for the moral degeneracy. Don't go "I have a six figure salary and I can't even have a 5k cup of coffee. What tyranny"
I probably would have agreed with you if Pakistan wasn't the shit show it is right now. But I think we honestly have bigger things to worry about than what people choose to spend their personal money on despite how ridiculous it may be.

No, that will result in just more "Babus" and bureucrats.

Exam results are all that are needed for an educational system.

The Pakistani society is beyond any regulations based solution.

Privatise everything, that is the only way forward.
Setting rules and regulations is much easier, private companies will do the rest. It won't be the same as entirely government controlled entities.

You cannot allow private companies to simply do whatever they like because it will begin to become exploitative. And there are national interests to be considered.

They can't be trusted with no regulation or monitoring.

I probably would have agreed with you if Pakistan wasn't the shit show it is right now. But I think we honestly have bigger things to worry about than what people choose to spend their personal money on despite how ridiculous it may be.
There's many problems we face right now. I don't think we can choose to deal with them to our liking. But, this thread is about a specific issue and I think it's one that needs to be discussed. Besides, unequal distribution of wealth is the cause of many if not most societal ills.

There's many problems we face right now. I don't think we can choose to deal with them to our liking. But, this thread is about a specific issue and I think it's one that needs to be discussed. Besides, unequal distribution of wealth is the cause of many if not most societal ills.
In my opinion unequal distribution of wealth will always exist, but our goal should be to make sure at the very least that everyone has access to basic amenities and can live their life comfortably, with access to the same opportunities as others.

In my opinion unequal distribution of wealth will always exist, but our goal should be to make sure at the very least that everyone has access to basic amenities and can live their life comfortably, with access to the same opportunities as others.
Tim Horton's or any other foreign brand is a sign of an inferiority complex in 3rd world.

Tim Horton's or any other foreign brand is a sign of an inferiority complex in 3rd world.
It is but I don't think it's a severe inferiority complex, I think it's more to do with wanting to try something famous from the west that's well liked plus paired with the stereotype that everything in the west is of high quality and high calibre and just better.

It's easier for us as westerners to say this but imagine growing up your entire life in Pakistan, narrative will be slightly different.

We need to encourage more local business activity and raise their confidence that they can achieve the same as the west, it's not impossible or far fetched at all, just requires an effort.

It's located in a DHA, maybe that's why?
Even outside DHA, Lahoris spend money on food like there's no tomorrow. Even I don't hesitate in spending big bucks for quality food.

It is but I don't think it's a severe inferiority complex, I think it's more to do with wanting to try something famous from the west that's well liked plus paired with the stereotype that everything in the west is of high quality and high calibre and just better.

It's easier for us as westerners to say this but imagine growing up your entire life in Pakistan, narrative will be slightly different.

We need to encourage more local business activity and raise their confidence that they can achieve the same as the west, it's not impossible or far fetched at all, just requires an effort.
So many good places in Pakistan....but it seems it look " cool" for some people....drive down to Tim Horton's in new car ...walkin order coffee and hold the coffee cup walk around till it turns sweaty and drips down the floor ...but everyone should notice ...the coffee cup logo ...

Even outside DHA, Lahoris spend money on food like there's no tomorrow. Even I don't hesitate in spending big bucks for quality food.
How does DHA work though, are people who don't live there or own a house there allowed in, is it like a gated community or what?

Back
Top Bottom