What's new

Tim Horton set any new single day global sales record in 61 years

That is the problem, the rich class doesn't pay taxes and IMF pointed out this issue many times in their report. ..

Audi showroom in Lahore...

BMW-dewan-motors.jpg
That's crazy

But even paying taxes won't change anything in this country. Because tax money gets wasted on subsidies and useless workers who don't really do anything

@Dalit

Last edited:
Half of the people will be middle class folks looking for selfie to gain more followers.

Anyways, congratulations to Hortons. Pakistan is a great place to invest.

Tim Hortens isn't even that nice, 35p donut in lidl tastes better than TH £3.50 donut.

Nah Yar.. I am quite humble and minimalist guy in real life. I'm just sick and tired of cry babies who keep on picking on slightly wealthy people. As if it's a crime to be well off.
Regardless of my views on elitism, I want to congratulate you for being the first person (that I seen) who admitted to being wealthy. Otherwise, every rich person I've seen is complaining just as much as I do :lol: (which kinda lessens the appeal of wealth, ngl)

What I fail to understand is with increasing levels of wealth, the rich start behaving in an increasing weird manner. Case in point, Tim Hortons.

Now, idk about this brand. Have only read the name in passing a couple times before. but this tweet tells me that Tim Hortons is not the fabulous place our elite seems to think it is. Why can't they eat at any decent ( and ofc clean) restaurant. Why does it have to be this and that brand. I understand there is a food quality issue at the dhaba level of eateries. As you move up, the quality gets better. But, there's a point where the price (and prestige) keeps going up but the quality can only get so much better (law of diminishing returns). Why doesn't this stop there? If you open a cafe with 10000 for a cup of coffee, there are people who will still go there. That's what I fail to grasp. Now, the 50rs cup of tea at the truck hotel isn't great. But, I am sure a great cup of tea can be found at many places for less than 10k. I can't find any reason behind that other than showing off and pure decadence. Esp at a time when so many people are very clearly struggling to feed themselves and their kids.

Maybe this steak is from the rarest of all Bani israel ki gai?

Am I saying, the rich should distribute all their wealth into the never ending line of poor people and become poor themselves? Of course not. I mean, what is this, communism? But, there has to be a line somewhere. You can feed a small family for a week for the price of one cup of coffee (if we are to believe twitter)

I had a manifold income jump recently. It's not earth-shattering since I wasn't earning much before anyway but I haven't found myself wanting to eat outside, esp at stupid expensive places like this. Only difference I've noticed is I have some cash in hand for contingencies and I am planning on getting a small solar system installed (which I believe is a necessity). Maybe that's my nature. I like to invest in long lasting and fulfilling stuff. Not spend thousands on food that's only slightly better in taste than the normal food I eat. And that improvement is taste is only on my tongue for a little while. Which explain why I am unable to understand the thought process behind these huge lines at these places.

Please note that I am not disparaging you for being wealthy. In fact, It's a general question. As you said, you are only slightly wealthy, which is not the group I am talking about.

@Maula Jatt , i'd love to hear your views on this too, sir.

I know in this particular case it is a Canadian company but in the past I have noticed similar maps like this for even American companies as Pakistan somehow ends up getting American/Canadian businesses even before most of the US even sees one of them.

Tim Horton locations in the US
TimHortons.png

There are people who are rich like me who provide jobs to poor people like my employees.

My employees go to Dhaaba to eat and drink, And I go to Tim's to eat/drink. Nothing wrong with either.

All of us are Pakistanis and all of us suffer inflation differently.

Every country has rich and poor.

Some people's problem now a days is that they can't tolerate wealthy people because of their political bias as if these same different classes of people didn't exist previously.
Love your modesty, but you do have a point. US is the land of Dunkin, Tim Horton is just a regional chain.

Last edited:

This is so embarrassing 😭😭

I know in this particular case it is a Canadian company but in the past I have noticed similar maps like this for even American companies as Pakistan somehow ends up getting American/Canadian businesses even before most of the US even sees one of them.

Tim Horton locations in the US
View attachment 916328

Yeah there are no Tim Hortons in the southeastern US, based on that map I’m guessing only the northeast and some of the Midwest has it.

Is there a reason why Pakistan is able to have access to it way before the rest of the states does?

Last edited:
Yeah there are no Tim Hortons in the southeastern US, based on that map I’m guessing only the northeast and some of the Midwest has it.

Is there a reason why Pakistan is able to have access to it way before the rest of the states does?

Here's an example

Any Papa Johns in your area?

There's like 3 in my whole state (Massachusetts) and they just opened a few years ago. Meanwhile they are in Pakistan.

I guess I have to ask somebody in Pakistan if their pizza is any good after watching their commercials for the last 25 or so years.

Last edited:
Here's an example

There's like 3 in my whole state (Massachusetts) and they just opened a few years ago. Meanwhile they are in Pakistan.

I guess I have to ask somebody in Pakistan if their pizza is any good after watching their commercials for the last 25 or so years.

Cause pizza hut died out in Pakistan and other foreign chains aren't as successful, local chains usually outcompete em but Papa John's is among the few foreign pizza chains along with KFC popular across the country regardless of economic background as they offer great value

That's atleast what I heard dk

The same number of people who worked forme last year still work for me. All of them and me are suffering from inflation. All of them now get higher salaries compared to last year and I also earn more compared to last year. Adjustment is taking place.
yups, if you have something to sell, you wont be affected that much, adjustent will happen!

Here's an example

There are a lot of Papa John’s here.

1676300705942.png

This is from redlion, it’s pretty big in the Midwest and southeast not that much in the northeast and west.

Interesting data…

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom