What's new

Tim Horton set any new single day global sales record in 61 years

These losers think ..just coz anyone can stand up in line to order Tim Hortons means they're rich..
They don't damn know how much the average man women child of Pakistan has suffered in last 1 year.
I feel these losers deserve what Bajwaa did to them lanaat lanaat aur lanaat.

Maybe they just want one more coffee before they volunteer themselves for Niazi Jailed Tigers battalion.

What kind of a daft people are you? Your country is literally defaulting and you are having a coffee...

So middle, poor can have mobile of 15K thats fine?

but 650 rupees small vanilla icecream is wrong?

So middle, poor can have mobile of 15K thats fine?

The contrast in Pakistan is extreme. On the one hand you have burgers buying Western coffee and living life to the max. On the other hand you have the majority that can't buy bread. The country is reeling from an economic collapse. The rulers are playing hide and seek. This is a country with no direction nor any semblance of responsibility.

No wonder the world laughs and mocks Pakistan.

And nothing is wrong with that. There are people who like to show off and then there are people who don't. To each his own. Live and let live.
To be honest I agree with you heavily, Pakistanis are incredibly judgemental to the point they try to control other people's lives.

It's a food spot people should be able to buy what they want with their money and taking images might be cringe but it's not the end of the world.

The poor divide will always exist, if they have money they should spend where they see fit. But hopefully it's legal and they are paying tax.

It might be cringe but it's not harmful, we have bigger problems to address at a state level.

To be honest I agree with you heavily, Pakistanis are incredibly judgemental to the point they try to control other people's lives.

It's a food spot people should be able to buy what they want with their money and taking images might be cringe but it's not the end of the world.

The poor divide will always exist, if they have money they should spend where they see fit. But hopefully it's legal and they are paying tax.

There are only a handful who pay proper tax in Pakistan. Everyone knows this. It is a different discussion that people don't trust politicians.

Why are all you guys hating on people who can afford an overpriced coffee?

What an elitist thing to say.

The wealth disparity is getting worse in Pakistan, that's what people cannot stand. Inflation doesn't hurt the rich as nearly as badly as the poor.

No one is against rich people, the problem is the super and ultra rich not paying their fair share in taxes. They stash their money abroad or buy up property because it's cheaper for them, and don't pay a dime.

Again, no one is against rich people. People just want to be able to put food on their table and have a roof over their head.

Just because the divide between the rich and the poor always existed, doesn't mean we shouldn't eliminate the divide by closing the gap in a positive trajectory.

Just because the poverty in Pakistan is so widespread, shouldn't make you think people who are wealthy are part of the problem. They're not. They are a key part of the solution. Wealth creators are required in Pakistan. The problem is the not people who can afford a landcruiser, or people who can afford a fancy overpriced coffee, the problem are the people who's Landcruiser is paid for by taxpayers money. The problem is the people who have the power and control. The wealthy should never be confused with them.

Many wealthy people are in the same social circles as the corrupt elite - it's necassary to do business, but they aren't the problem.

There are only a handful who pay proper tax in Pakistan. Everyone knows this. It is a different discussion that people don't trust politicians.
We need a comprehensive plan to increase tax collection

And those with concentrated wealth can be used to create jobs and small industries to boost the economy.

Be honest, if you lived in Pakistan would you pay tax? I'd try and pay as little as possible. Why should my hard earned money fund the lavish lifestyles of waderay ke betay?

Under the PTI govt was probably the first time i'd have even considered the opposite. It's upto the govt to collect taxes and provide services. When they do neither, why would the awam give it up?

Why are all you guys hating on people who can afford an overpriced coffee?

Just because the poverty in Pakistan is so widespread, shouldn't make you think people who are wealthy are part of the problem. They're not. They are a key part of the solution. Wealth creators are required in Pakistan. The problem is the not people who can afford a landcruiser, or people who can afford a fancy overpriced coffee, the problem are the people who's Landcruiser is paid for by taxpayers money. The problem is the people who have the power and control. The wealthy should never be confused with them.

Many wealthy people are in the same social circles as the corrupt elite - it's necassary to do business, but they aren't the problem.

The wealthy in Pakistan often invest outside. UAE, Europe, US, Malaysia etc.

Be honest, if you lived in Pakistan would you pay tax? I'd try and pay as little as possible. Why should my hard earned money fund the lavish lifestyles of waderay ke betay?

Under the PTI govt was probably the first time i'd have even considered the opposite. It's upto the govt to collect taxes and provide services. When they do neither, why would the awam give it up?

That is why I said that people don't trust politicians. No I don't blame them.

That is why I said that people don't trust politicians.
Again bro, if the country is run by wardi mafia and wadera mafia - who can blame them.

Take you or I, if we make some money, and invest it in the UK, Netherlands or even Dubai - we know our money is safe.

If we invest it in Pakistan - it's likely not even safe from our own relatives.

The only way this Fkd up reality can change is through good governance. PTI govt gave investor confidence, so many overseas were looking to invest, we bought IK's rhetoric, we were willing to put our money to the test.

@Valar. returned from the US or wherever, invested in PK, has his own business, has employees, sounds like a success... yet some of us are putting him in the same category as our estalishment because he can afford fancy stuff (fancy by Pakistani standards). I think that's wrong. I think a lot of us would like to have the same sort of success for ourselves, we don't take the risk he took. We should support people like him. Eventually our middle class and salaried class will grow through people setting up small and medium businesses which scale up, the big boys only look after their own bottom lines.

These DHAs look like safe environments with fairly wealthy folk around them

Why don't they invest in businesses in DHAs, Tim's is doing good they could attempt local versions

Again bro, if the country is run by wardi mafia and wadera mafia - who can blame them.

Take you or I, if we make some money, and invest it in the UK, Netherlands or even Dubai - we know our money is safe.

If we invest it in Pakistan - it's likely not even safe from our own relatives.

The only way this Fkd up reality can change is through good governance. PTI govt gave investor confidence, so many overseas were looking to invest, we bought IK's rhetoric, we were willing to put our money to the test.
Good governance is a must.

These DHAs look like safe environments with fairly wealthy folk around them

Why don't they invest in businesses in DHAs, Tim's is doing good they could attempt local versions

Good governance is a must.

That is a good question. You have a foreign company investing in Pakistan. Yet wealthy Pakistanis often like to invest abroad.

What an elitist thing to say.

The wealth disparity is getting worse in Pakistan, that's what people cannot stand. Inflation doesn't hurt the rich as nearly as badly as the poor.

No one is against rich people, the problem is the super and ultra rich not paying their fair share in taxes. They stash their money abroad or buy up property because it's cheaper for them, and don't pay a dime.

Again, no one is against rich people. People just want to be able to put food on their table and have a roof over their head.

Just because the divide between the rich and the poor always existed, doesn't mean we shouldn't eliminate the divide by closing the gap in a positive trajectory.
That is the problem, the rich class doesn't pay taxes and IMF pointed out this issue many times in their report. ..

Audi showroom in Lahore...

BMW-dewan-motors.jpg

Why cant we export DHA services. I mean most African nations with tourist hotspots have some hotel chain creating/managing the destinations. I think four seasons charges like 4k a night on the Zamia safari. If we are skilled as builders we need to export.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom