What's new

Ticket To Pakistan

My family is spread all over Karachi, from prestigious Cliffton to less developped area's as Korangi and Landhi.
I love the old city center, its polluted and congested but has nice memories from my childhood.

My mother still has a very old auntee living in Tin Hatti, I think the place is called Achi Qabar named after a little mazar there. A lot of hindus used to live in this area before the independence and that particular house belonged to a hindu family.
In early seventies when the house was being renovated they found a lot of gold burried under the cellar. Man...I was dying to see all that as a kid but never got near. :undecided:

i prefer u to stay in gulshn yes, its very family type place, though i live in gulistan-e-jahaur, but really, its not a place to live here, and my father made a banglow, now, v know, how foolish our father was!!!, he shuld have moved to defence, a very nice comfortable place!!!, many of my relatives reside in gulshan 13-d!!

i bet gulshan, N.nazimabad, defence, clifton, r the nicest place to live in karachi!!!

hope i see u in karachi some tym if allah permits :D:cheesy:

Whenever I'm in Gulshan you can find me either in NIPA or Civic Center Area sipping Pathan ki doodhpatti or eating chola chaat. :smitten:
Is the Bakka Street Restaurant still there, just in front of Usmania?
What about the Sajjhi wala, is he still there?
I haven't visited Karachi in three years now...

1> Best Time to Visit

Thanks

our good friends have filled u in, in the best way, even living in karachi doesnt make me so knowledgable abt karachi, its so big!!!, anyways, best tym to visit karachi is perhaps the summer tym, i-e bw june and july, going hot in karachi!!, anyways, these r the longest days in karachi, a huge public, cheerful karachites have a brillent and perhaps the best tym of the year, ull surely love long driving in karachi and ull never get bored, for there r many food places, not so recreation, but ull love the environment, aside pollution to be honest, the best is the night tym in karachi, the lights in karachi r lovely, except load shading, as in karachi v have diversity, and almost every thing, from mountains to beaches, and rural places, extremely generous ppl frpm all over pakistan, i hope u get a nice trip here.

Whenever I'm in Gulshan you can find me either in NIPA or Civic Center Area sipping Pathan ki doodhpatti or eating chola chaat. :smitten:
Is the Bakka Street Restaurant still there, just in front of Usmania?
What about the Sajjhi wala, is he still there?
I haven't visited Karachi in three years now...

bakka restaurant near nipa???, well i dont know its famous, but i use to get tuitions here, so i think yes, second for sajji walla, i think yes, for there r many sajji wallas u find in university road, well i think u have studied in university road, or just u lived there??:what:

yaar karachi to badal gia hai jaab se mustafa bhai ne kaam kia hai, yaar aapp abhi musharaf ke tym main aatte, bohut kaam hoa hai, ab bhi chal raha hai waise speed nahi hai, aap karachi aaoo bohut maza aai ga, really, road to tyt ho gai hain!!!, abhi kal ke baat hai, raat main carpeting hua kerte the our dinoon main fly over baan jaya kerte thee:tup::tup:

Bakka, Usmania and Sajjhi wala are all at the University Road about 1km from Civic Center, NIPA is at the other end once you cross the Circullar turn left. There used to be a huge Jumma Bazaar there but its demolished now.

At NIPA do visit Dehli Darbar sometime. They have best Behari Kabab and Paratha there. :smitten:

Nice and touchy. Thanks friends for such useful info.. Neo You should make my post sticky as i gave many Pakistani's living all over the world, a reason to smile and unite (offcourse) virtually. Just Kidding :)

Nahi bhai, I just have to close my eyes and I see it all that marvel just waiting for us. :enjoy:

Damn...I mis Karachi! What I mis the most is Pathan ki doodh patti and namkeen biskutt (buscuit) and Baloch Sajjhi at University Road.
And ofcourse Adrasay ki golian from Chaurangi Golimar in Nazimabad and Student Biryani...:cry
:

Neo dear kiya baat hey aap ki......what a simple but tradtional taste you have, I especially appreciate your memorable visionary about "Adrasay ki golian" which normally we says to my friend by jocking "Andresay lay aao"...so most of he cant understand my sudden try to make him fool, and asked "Bhai kiya ley aaon andersaey:).......... i always enjoy with these sepcialities of Karachi...like Haleem besides Student Biryani....Here I must remind you Nehari too ummm. do you remember "Aalo ki spicy papri" which i always miss during my foreign trips and when during ma lahore's stay.:bounce: I am sure aap jesey ba-zouq key munh mein pani aa giya hu ga.....BTW now a days i m in Karachi, if you really like i may arrange to send you "Adarsay" & "Spicy Papri" and Haleem, further here is a "Hyderababd ki Haji ki 'Rabri'".:cheers:

Orignal posted by digitaltiger;
Well i wonder i dont see any airline operating between india and Pakistan. I beleive i have to come by Train or By road(Which i dont prefer). Neways I heard a lot about Karachi and one of my Friend (Mustafa, i wonder where is he now)on Ship was from karachi and he used to tell me a lot about karachi. He told me about some "Bade Miya" Restraunt which is famouse for Kebab. I also want to Visit Mohanjodaro. I think i need to chk with Pak Ambassy. Thanks for Reply. :wave:

^^^^^Well 'digitaltiger' there are many flights operating in between India & Pakistan....... PIA have 5 flights in a week, then Air Lanka, Bangladesh Air lines, Emirates, Gulf air All air line's charges airfare return ticket @ approx Pak-Rs31000/ person ............you may get flights with out any trouble .........But in my view you will more enjoy if you make your tript by train so as you will be able to have view of the Pakistani villages and cities in the way fo your railway journey, and off-course it would be economical then expensive air fare .

You may not have any problem to visit any city of Pakistan and especially Karachi ..............as I have experienced 3 times to visit my friends in Mumbai & Dehli India, and frankly I never feel anonymity even when i went India 1st time. .....In karachi You may find variety of food of every taste (India food including Gujrati & Bangali espcialities, to Baluchi, Punjabi & Pashtun food, besides Fast foods, Chinese dishes & european food too), as similar to Mumbai, you may find poeples of diffrent cultures & cities form every corner of Pakistn there, with speciefically Urdu Speaker (Migrated from India), as such its called Mini-Pakistan.

You are most welcome to visit Pakistan. wish you enjoy your planed trip, GOOD LUCK:enjoy:

Last edited:
^^^^^Well 'digitaltiger' there are many flights operating in between India & Pakistan....... PIA have 5 flights in a week, then Air Lanka, Bangladesh Air lines, Emirates, Gulf air All air line's charges airfare return ticket @ approx Pak-Rs31000/ person ............you may get flights with out any trouble .........But in my view you will more enjoy if you make your tript by train so as you will be able to have view of the Pakistani villages and cities in the way fo your railway journey, and off-course it would be economical then expensive air fare .

You may not have any problem to visit any city of Pakistan and especially Karachi ..............as I have experienced 3 times to visit my friends in Mumbai & Dehli India, and frankly I never feel anonymity even when i went India 1st time. .....In karachi You may find variety of food of every taste (India food including Gujrati & Bangali espcialities, to Baluchi, Punjabi & Pashtun food, besides Fast foods, Chinese dishes & european food too), as similar to Mumbai, you may find poeples of diffrent cultures & cities form every corner of Pakistn there, with speciefically Urdu Speaker (Migrated from India), as such its called Mini-Pakistan.

You are most welcome to visit Pakistan. wish you enjoy your planed trip, GOOD LUCK:enjoy:

very good to see u commenting here especially sir,i really liked ur comments, never got bored, kinda unique, interesting, even i live in karachi, and currently i am 18 but i have not seen much of karachi!!, lol, but yaah, karachi is like mini pakistan with all tastes and types, i love my mother land and Karachi!!!, karachi second to none in the world!! with all colours of cultures and traditions, dont make my city spoil u indian and western media devils

At NIPA do visit Dehli Darbar sometime. They have best Behari Kabab and Paratha there. :smitten:

i love paratha roll of the zamzama near clifton, the restaurant name is "Hot and spicy", yuum yuum!!, once u eat it, it never gets off ur head, seriously, they have all fukin sorts of variety, like cheese roll, yuum yuum, cheese roll is not so bad for it has lots of cheese in it, fukin flooding outa the roll!!, but over all it has a unique taste, i think there is dahi roll too!!, lol, i like beef paratha roll, its like sitting in car at night, eating out, its lovely, with the clifton near, u can enjoy the lovely beaches, for myself, v, my elder brother, mum(no dad at ship) seldom make a drive out, enjoying at saturday night, in sandy beaches of clifton and then, v get eating there is hot and spicy, visit there ull love it, the environment also, for its in the closed streets not busy, even better than silver spoon in tariq road, do u know silver spoon is closed now!!

the best part od hot and spicy is, u eat in a car, as most ppl do,, in sat its so busy, u dont find a park, so u wait until a car comes out and u drive it, the street is not well lit, and eating in a car, esp ur dad is not hanging around, with ur brother and mother and listening to the FM songs.

one thing, if u r fed up with the "sea view", man karachi is so big, CDGK has made very good roads before v drive farther to hawks bay, sands pit, sunahri, paradice point, not many go there for the sake of sea view, sea view, clifton is glamurous and when u drive for hawks bay, u find industrialized area and then some poor towns in ur way, so all kinds of tastes in karachi beaches and love to drive for this sole great recreational place, its too rural but its lonely its calm and good if u go in morning and return before dusk, its good to visit at the day with ur friends, i rem one day when my brother took off with his friends and me in his car 1986 toyota, which he forbids to touch!!, tht was the day to remember!!!, i think i was 8 yrs old by then, and i still rem i got punished, slapped, and my brother too for doin this:disagree::oops::smitten::lol:!!! and tht so also the day when my chacha got his date fixed for wedding, and our "big joint family left us (for date fixing, hey thts wierd:lol:)before v arrived and found the haunted house when v arrived and punished later for this too , i used to live N nazimabad by then!!!!, aahhh the childhood!!!, memories back!!

Last edited:
karachi second to none in the world!! with all colours of cultures and traditions, dont make my city spoil u indian and western media devils[/QUOTE]

I am surprised and shocked. I will not write any thing in respond to your sarcasm, as a gesture of respect to every one who guided and welcomed me in Pakistan except you.

:tsk:

Dude your going to have so much fun. I miss the food.

Anyone tried Karai Gosht on the charpayees?

Beautiful!

karachi second to none in the world!! with all colours of cultures and traditions, dont make my city spoil u indian and western media devils

I am surprised and shocked. I will not write any thing in respond to your sarcasm, as a gesture of respect to every one who guided and welcomed me in Pakistan except you.

I dont think he meant any offence. He is telling you to get ready to get "spoiled" with all the stuff you can do in Karachi. Of course you need to be with the right people to have the most fun.

I dont think he meant any offence. He is telling you to get ready to get "spoiled" with all the stuff you can do in Karachi. Of course you need to be with the right people to have the most fun.

C'mon Web Master Sir, he used words like U Indian and Devil...... Neways forget it ... Love is more than hatred here on this forum so i second, rather none that .......... and by the way Karai Ghost on charpai sounds intresting (YUM YUM).

i didnt want anybody to get hurt esp u bro, so chill, "u indian and western media devils" is refering to indian and western media channels for eg zee tv, sony star plus, english movie channels etc etc only wht i meant was, karachi ppl r more and more copying the western and indian traditions and things tht were once part of our good society were wearing off!!, the reason i dont admire hollywood, bollywood films and star plus, sony tv etc etc!!!, i find now, though rarely, the dance parties in karachi wedding, and young women wearing tight jeans and sleeveless tight shirts and unrespectful clothing appearing more often now!!, and this is against our religion, culture and traditions, dance is ok, if u r cheerful on occasions but, gender mix and display of such crude shamelessness, thanks to indian and western media(dramas, movie channels)!!!, both shuld be extremely and strictly censored or banned in pakistan without any hesitation esp karachi!!

the bride used to cover in wedding ceremony, but u see increasingly, the pakistani women without dupattas, all innocence is gone, i partially blame pakistani media, for they do nothing good, they r helping spread these bad things by going liberal, only they want is to make money, they do nothing good by their medium of communicating with pakistanis and teaching them some good lessons!!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom