What's new

Thunder is Lightning

Yes like they solved the wing issue.

Now even young guys are being posted on JFT..a Flight Lt. recently got promoted to JFT..did u know that @Windjammer ?
I think with
Air to air refuelling
ASEA radar
BVR missile
Close combat masters in the cockpit
Force multipliers in the for. Of AWACS. PAF will have a credible and formidable air Force considering the availability problems our adversary has.

I think with
Air to air refuelling
ASEA radar
BVR missile
Close combat masters in the cockpit
Force multipliers in the for. Of AWACS. PAF will have a credible and formidable air Force considering the availability problems our adversary has.
That's the thing; JFT'S will serve a defense purpose. AWACS will locate bogies and JF-17's will intercept. JF-17's are using KLJ-7's for their personal radar. They can sport bogies from upto 130KM.

Nice video @Windjammer I notice one thing JF-17 on left side smoke is black and on right side it is totally smokeless.....two different versions?
this is a russian engine feature which seems unpredictable or uncontrollable. same two engines will emit the black smoke at any time. PAF has learnt to live with it. it doesnt seem to affect the performance of the Jet.
yes within visible range such smoke emission can be debated in a dog fight but in quick twists and turns I dont know how much this can play its role in survivablity

why dnt they work to increase the speed of this jet
increase to what speed and why?

this is a russian engine feature which seems unpredictable or uncontrollable. same two engines will emit the black smoke at any time. PAF has learnt to live with it. it doesnt seem to affect the performance of the Jet.
yes within visible range such smoke emission can be debated in a dog fight but in quick twists and turns I dont know how much this can play its role in survivablity

increase to what speed and why?[/

i mean max supersonic speed

Now even young guys are being posted on JFT..a Flight Lt. recently got promoted to JFT..did u know that @Windjammer ?
Flight Lieutenants ain't much of a surprise....F-16s started getting their first Flight Lieutenants on the 5th F-16 conversion course.....JF-17 has been there for a while and by the comments from some of the pilots apparently it is a very easy jet to fly...

Flight Lieutenants ain't much of a surprise....F-16s started getting their first Flight Lieutenants on the 5th F-16 conversion course.....JF-17 has been there for a while and by the comments from some of the pilots apparently it is a very easy jet to fly...
Its surprising bcuz JFT has no dual version in service yet..only one Flt Lt was operational on JFT till now and that too bcz he took training at USAF..the one who got promoted now is nephew of current PM..though he denies he used any PARCHI and says he was selected on his talent.

U can spot an aircraft on ur RWR and FCR not forgetting the AWACs and ground control..smoke doesnt matter in ACMs.

Its surprising bcuz JFT has no dual version in service yet..only one Flt Lt was operational on JFT till now and that too bcz he took training at USAF..the one who got promoted now is nephew of current PM..though he denies he used any PARCHI and says he was selected on his talent.
F-6 squadrons didn't have two seaters for quite some time yet they had pilots converting onto it. Same with the A-5s....as far as the the one who is flying JF-17 at a junior rank...there have been pilots in the past who never made the marks for F-16s yet some of them got selected to fly them for the majority of their careers and then there were those who did extremely well and unfortunately never made the cut......it largely depends on the intersection of squadron requirements and availability. Current No.14 squadron OC made it to JF-17s.....he got selected to F-16s and that too due to the fact he did IFF with T-38s with USAF AETC.

Last edited:
Yes like they solved the wing issue.

With a dual trainer absent, until recently only seasoned pilots were destined for JF-17 Squadrons but PAF does like to experiment...like a pilot out of FCU was posted straight on the F-16s.

JF-17-11-CCS.png

Current No.14 squadron made it to OC on JF-17s.....he got selected to F-16s and that too due to the fact he did IFF with T-38s with USAF AETC.
Not getting this one

With a dual trainer absent, until recently only seasoned pilots were destined for JF-17 Squadrons but PAF does like to experiment...like a pilot out of FCU was posted straight on the F-16s.

View attachment 433579
Actually 3-5 pilots were posted on F16 after EFCC not 1 and they were all from same course..two of them are in No. 5 sqn Falcons do not know about the rest.
Another Flt Lt. was transferred to F16 when No. 14 was re-equipped.

Back
Top Bottom