What's new

Thrust vectoring at 400 knots

Yes 9 G is a human endurance Limit.

I thought the mighty Indian pilots in SU-30 were very capable of sustaining 18Gs as the SU 30 is such maneuverable? Just JK.

Actually, the 9 G is "suggested" safety limit for human body on constant basis. 10G is not out of the norm in top air forces like the US and the Israeli AF. They use 9.5 - 10 G all the time during maneuvers. The -16 was made famous through the media by showing its ability to go over 9.5 to 10 G's.

See it right here for reference (and yes, they used to use F-4's for simulation of Russian heavy weight jets for combat simulations):

Last edited:
BVR apart, the new dogfight missiles is what I refer to. One can see the trend in the F-35 which has focused on just that. See first, and shoot first is the new game rather than dancing around the sky.
Thats primarily an American view. The Russians see things differently.

I thought the mighty Indian pilots in SU-30 were very capable of sustaining 18Gs as the SU 30 is such maneuverable? Just JK.

Actually, the 9 G is "suggested" safety limit for human body on constant basis. 10G is not out of the norm in top air forces like the US and the Israeli AF. They use 9.5 - 10 G all the time during maneuvers. The -16 was made famous through the media by showing its ability to go over 9.5 to 10 G's.

See it right here for reference (and yes, they used to use F-4's for simulation of Russian heavy weight jets for combat simulations):

Source: Thrust vectoring at 400 knots | Page 3
Not only 10g u can even do tighter turns upto 12 g but for how long?

No, that is view is held by all western nations that have seen the majority of air combat seen today. If the best airforce in the world in terms of experience/technology and tactics in the middle east the Israelis see it that way. Then there must be some weight to it. The Russians last experience of air combat was as mercenaries in the Eritrean ethopian war.. and there too the Su-27s dominated because of the R-73/HMS combo.

Does tv aid in short take off?:coffee:

TV aids STOL, it helps maintain control post-stall, it helps in increasing supersonic control authority and so on.
TV is particularly useful for stealth aircraft as it may allow them to manurer without deflecting their wing surfaces which may be exposed to radar head on.

No, that is view is held by all western nations that have seen the majority of air combat seen today. If the best airforce in the world in terms of experience/technology and tactics in the middle east the Israelis see it that way. Then there must be some weight to it. The Russians last experience of air combat was as mercenaries in the Eritrean ethopian war.. and there too the Su-27s dominated because of the R-73/HMS combo.
And what air-combat have these western nations other than fighting against unmaintained migs flown by untrained pilots? The Israelis are NOT satisfied with F35. They are developing their own version of it. I am saying what you are saying is necessarily wrong. I am just saying that there was once a time the same air force thought cannons were a done deal. Russians are going forward with PAK FA means that they have also got something in mind.

And what air-combat have these western nations other than fighting against unmaintained migs flown by untrained pilots? The Israelis are NOT satisfied with F35. They are developing their own version of it. I am saying what you are saying is necessarily wrong. I am just saying that there was once a time the same air force thought cannons were a done deal. Russians are going forward with PAK FA means that they have also got something in mind.

Just because you don't like the result of a discussion doesn't mean it is wrong. TVC's actual combat effectiveness is yet to be seen, if any.

Just because you don't like the result of a discussion doesn't mean it is wrong. TVC's actual combat effectiveness is yet to be seen, if any.
The impact of a tactical battlefield nuke is yet to be seen as well. Does that make Nasar any less potent ?

Just because you cannot understand what I said does not mean it is wrong. Israelis have openly said that they believe that stealth of F35 will be obsolete in a decade. Read before making such comments.

That's why they are still stuck with 1970 and 80's designs, heavy, obsolete looking jets, heavy maintenance cost, very little MBTF, QC lacks a lot. Mainframe tech, lack of high powered computing architecture. All of this doesn't mean that they can't build sh*t, it just means their stuff runs on old school designs and tech. They are making strides now but it'll take about a decade more, i.e. if they continue to have access to the hi-tech equipment (like France cancelled their orders and due to American sanctions, they are having a hard time in getting computing equipment, etc)

LOL! I would like to see the Israelis try to make their own version of F-35 if its true.

Read what Israelis have said about this. They think the regular F35 will be obsolete. So they are developing F35I. Simple.

This is the info I'm getting from. If this is all that is, thats not the same as building their own.
Israel, U.S. Agree To $450 Million In F-35 EW Work | AWIN content from Aviation Week

Israel, U.S. Agree To $450 Million In F-35 EW Work
A deal for Israeli EW on JSFs follows affordability and capability debates

The F-35's stealth features have been a key reason for buying the JSF, but not the only argument for joining the world's largest-ever defense acquisition. Low radar cross section is a niche capability, and new sensor technology advances can make it less important. China, India and Russia are already finding weaknesses in stealth as they develop it for their own advanced strike aircraft.

“We think the stealth protection will be good for 5-10 years, but the aircraft will be in service for 30-40 years, so we need EW capabilities [on the F-35] that can be rapidly improved,” a senior Israeli air force (IAF) official tells Aviation Week. “The basic F-35 design is OK. We can make do with adding integrated software.”

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom