What's new

Featured Three Nigerian JF-17 Almost Ready For Delivery From PAC

The source is there but oddly you want a source to the source....then i suggest you get in touch with the source.

In all honest, I'm confused ... all I know - and please educate me when I'm wrong is a tweet you posted in #55 and when I asked that source " @DevelopmentPk" he noted it is based on rumours within Nigeria ... now @DefenseNigeria confirms this Pakistani tweet.

Isn't this a bit strange? It would be as if I ask a question here in this forum and post a statement based on that question at twitter only to later post my own tweet as proof for my question!?? :fie: And so it goes round and round again...

But who is the original source?

The best I was able to find is this tweet:

several other sources reported the same.

Yes, but most are referring to the same single tweet! IMO not a hard confirmation.

I think common sense would dictate that they will acquire additional JF-17s after the first batch of 3, enough for at least a squadron so the total maybe anywhere from 12-18. These will trickle in over the next couple of years as they are able to budget for and fund these purchases.
The news on the 40 is pure rumor mill and I would take that with a grain of salt.

the tweet has not quoted any official news. unless there is a written contract even a comment by one or two official doesnt mean much.,
such a huge number of sale wont stay in an unknown tweet but will be picked up by mainstream media quoting officials from both countries.
Dear sir, i don't even recall PAC or PAK MOD making any statement even for the three or so now well documented airframes for Nigeria. We learned it either from Nigerian defence budget related documents or keen eye readers picking out serial numbers on under production aircraft.
Personally, keeping in mind the risk of any attrition and serviceability, just three aircraft don't make any sense.

Dear sir, i don't even recall PAC or PAK MOD making any statement even for the three or so now well documented airframes for Nigeria. We learned it either from Nigerian defence budget related documents or keen eye readers picking out serial numbers on under production aircraft.
Personally, keeping in mind the risk of any attrition and serviceability, just three aircraft don't make any sense.
not at all no sense
I agree 3 jets made no sense.
my reason for caution is to go easy on speculating bug numbers
ibwill be do happy if such number is confirmed and happens

Before we get excited it is pertinent to remember that Nigerian Air Force never really places any large orders for any type of aircraft. 40 planes would be the biggest ever defence deal in Nigerian history, they would not keep it quiet.

Online Nigerian military enthusiasts are quoting a budget document for 2021 which mentions further payment for the JF-17 Thunder.

No indication whether that's the payment for the current 3 on order or additional aircraft.

Does anyone recall how many payments Nigeria is schedule to make for the current 3 aircraft?

Online Nigerian military enthusiasts are quoting a budget document for 2021 which mentions further payment for the JF-17 Thunder.

No indication whether that's the payment for the current 3 on order or additional aircraft.

Does anyone recall how many payments Nigeria is schedule to make for the current 3 aircraft?

yes might be good to use this register

this is how we established the 3 last time

anyone know about this 2021 budget document ?

1602701568282.png

Back
Top Bottom