What's new

Three more polio workers killed in Pakistan, bringing total to 7

What on earth is this ?

Everything that is good seems to be targeted.

what problem does these extremists have with polio vaccination

thats what they want. target any progress.

Since there does not seem to be any resistance to polio drops being administered from the locals whose children are getting them I presume they are for it.

Shouldn't the Govt then step in & provide protection to these workers. The pace of the programme may slow down but it shall have a two fold advantage - protecting the children and defeating the terrorists.

This s a real danger. The killings of a polio workers are a loss in themselves, but the bigger damage IMO is the impact it will have in the future. People will now get afraid of doing this job, and putting their life in risk. The polio receivers will also get scared away.

Not good.

Since there does not seem to be any resistance to polio drops being administered from the locals whose children are getting them I presume they are for it.

Shouldn't the Govt then step in & provide protection to these workers. The pace of the programme may slow down but it shall have a two fold advantage - protecting the children and defeating the terrorists.

usually there is NO such threat to them in most of the areas. though militancy hit areas are a risk for everyone.

the place in Peshawar where this incident happened is notorious for criminals

i agree these workers should be given security but that will also single them out as target

what problem does these extremists have with polio vaccination

The extremists are stupid brainless people, they have problem with everything good for humans. They blow schools, attack doctors and health workers and kidnap them for ransom. These bigots must be taken out.

usually there is NO such threat to them in most of the areas. though militancy hit areas are a risk for everyone.

the place in Peshawar where this incident happened is notorious for criminals

i agree these workers should be given security but that will also single them out as target

That they already are .

The previous attacks were in Karachi. Whats stopping the next being Quetta , Multan or Lahore ?

If the Govt is determined, it should push this programme thru . Even take religious leaders on board. This would isolate these yahoos even further.

Each time the Govt backs down after attacks - this makes the terrorists bolder. If the workers are not protected they themselves will pull out.

Why don't we send politicians for Polio campaign door 2 door? if they got success..Good - If killed Very Good !

Islam gives protection the women & children. There are numerous Hadith that disapprove killing of women. For example:

Abdullah ibn ‘Umar (Radhiya Allāhu ‘Anhu) narrates from the Prophet (Sallallāhu ‘alayhi wa Sallam) that he found a slain woman in one of the expeditions. So Rasulullah (Sallallāhu ‘alayhi wa Sallam) forbade killing women and children.
[Ahmad in his Musnad 2/91, Bukhārī in his Sahīh 3015, Muslim 1744/25, Abū Dāwūd 2668, At-Tirmithī 1569, Ibn Majah 2841]

Unquote

However these people shoot Malala Yusufzai and insist that they will do it again. Now they kill 5 women health workers. If you don’t want your children to be protected, don’t agree to give them polio drops, must you kill these poor ladies? It is true that in my country, human life has no value.

I am ashamed of having compatriots that are not worthy of being called human beings. I would rather be a kaffir and burn in hell for eternity, but I would not like to be identified with the brand of Islam that these butchers follow.

All the TTP lovers such as Munawwar Hassan of JI & Taliban Khan, who don't stop crying their heart out for the people killed in drone attacks, are conveniently quite.

Suppose death of these workers hardly matters to these honourable leaders as its criticism scores no political points.

Thanks to the Americans and Shakil Afridi's fake polio campaign we have another shitstorm on our heads. Every polio team is seen as a potential enemy.

Karachi has much to do with political gang wars and its also one of these.

i was talking about Peshawar as yesterday two were killed here as well in an area which is famous den of criminals

It's a measure of Pakistan's degeneracy that we accept these things as normal, whether they are in Karachi or Peshawar.

Back
Top Bottom