What's new

Thousands rally in Lahore over blasphemy law

Islam has many different interpretations.The deoband did not support pakistan.The taliban have been influenced by the deoband/salafi ideology.Majority of the pakistanis are pro sufi and are associated with various sufi orders.that makes us very similar to turkey in many ways,who also have been associated with sufi orders.

Islam has many different interpretations.The deoband did not support pakistan.The taliban have been influenced by the deoband/salafi ideology.Majority of the pakistanis are pro sufi and are associated with various sufi orders.that makes us very similar to turkey in many ways,who also have been associated with sufi orders.

Isn't Barelvi sect related to Sufism? Qadri is a Barelvi right ? (and Barelvi scholars were justifying the Blasphemy laws if I'm not mistaken)

It's ISLAMIC REPUBLIC OF PAKISTAN, My friend :)

As for now, our constitution says we are ISLAMIC State :) So obviously laws are Islamic too..

Laws based on centuries old text about the supernatural and illogical . Makes so much sense.

Try to understand. We are not Turkey!
:china::pakistan:

That is for sure. Even our conservatives would probably be labeled as extremists in Pakistan. I am inclined to ask why the Chinese flag ? They are atheists or nonbelievers as it says in the Quran.

Turkey and Pakistan and for that sense morrocco i have noticed follow a very similar ideology.Well extremists are there in every society .Turkish people have always supported pakistan.Most of my friends who went to turkey really feel the same way.When i was in australia i went to this particular eating place.when the person found out i was pakistani he was most courteous and nice.he was from turkey.We are on a very similar platform.Well bralevi's are associated with Sufism and qadri is a order in Sufism it self.rather qadri order has some further subsects and branches as well.I dont know wheither having the name qadri puts you in the qadri order.but yes people from qadri order sometimes put qadri in the end of their names as a sign of devotion.To the best of my knowledge many famous people in pakistan's history general ayub khan,nawaz sharif have had associations with the qadri order.Some people have even said general zia ul haq was from the qadri order.

Turkey and Pakistan and for that sense morrocco i have noticed follow a very similar ideology.Well extremists are there in every society .Turkish people have always supported pakistan.Most of my friends who went to turkey really feel the same way.When i was in australia i went to this particular eating place.when the person found out i was pakistani he was most courteous and nice.he was from turkey.We are on a very similar platform.Well bralevi's are associated with Sufism and qadri is a order in Sufism it self.rather qadri order has some further subsects and branches as well.I dont know wheither having the name qadri puts you in the qadri order.but yes people from qadri order sometimes put qadri in the end of their names as a sign of devotion.To the best of my knowledge many famous people in pakistan's history general ayub khan,nawaz sharif have had associations with the qadri order.Some people have even said general zia ul haq was from the qadri order.

Do not confuse our support of Pakistan and its people also extending to these issues. No one supports what is currently happening over these blasphemy laws in Pakistan except the religious extremists that seem to have effectively gone mainstream since this ordeal started.

I dont want to go offtopic, but how is that everytime Indus Valley Civilization or Porus or 'number zero' comes up every Pakistani says that there was no India, but rather these were from Ancient pakistan, but when it come to 'Ilumuddin or JuI the subject matter very clearly becomes there was no Pakistan back then and all were Indians ??

Pre-partition history is shared between Pakistan and India. Indus valley civilization is a shared history in my opinion. I have never participated in history threads so you can't say that i have changed my stance.

I have only told the history of JUI. Not blaming India for their creation.

india was not formed at that time either. india was created by the British in 1947.

Your saying would not change the reality. Check status of all memberships of world (eg. UN, World Bank, ADB, etc.) India is member well before 1947. If you know reality, than India is sucessor state of British India.

Looking at your post, China was created in 1949. This sentence is just for ego satisfaction. China and India has been long away created.

Well, we are right. There was no "india" back then. Modern day republic of india was created by the British in 1947. The name "india" comes from the Indus river in Pakistan. indian's stole the name of a Pakistani river for their Country.

Pakistanis; please take pride in the fact that the "indian Ocean" is named after our river. Please take pride in the fact that our enemy has taken/stolen the name of our river for their identity.

What is problem ? You want to tell each and every person of this world that India was not before 1947. If you say that everyone will laugh on you. India was, is and will remain forever. And about name, we are proud of Indus river and its civilization. We will not back from this claim anytime in future. If you know Indian Anthem includes Sindh, we know its no more in India, but that doesn't change history and facts.

Last edited:
But he was the hero of the leaders of pakistan movement then, and today he's a hero in pakistan, not india.

Its funny most pakistanis consider the murderer ilm ud din a hero, name streets and hospitals after him, but want to blame qadri and associates on india.

As far as i remember i have only heard of a mosque that was named after him in Mianwali. Could you please provide me the link of hospitals and streets named after him?

He might be a hero in Pakistan rightly or wrongly and so are many Indian Muslims like Sir Syed Ahmed Khan, Allama Iqbal. Still Illumuddin was an Indian or British Indian to be more specific, not a Pakistani whether you like it or not.

When did we blame India for what Qadri did? Qadri is a Pakistani. I don't think that there is any confusion in his nationality.

First, indeed I am 100% Chinese.

Second, I really have no intention to interfere how you Pakistani handle such matter. I simply express my opinion. To be honest, keeping silent on this kind of issues does not always translate into real friendship. Real friends dare to tell each other such things. You see, we keep silent on what NK did and has done. Now what happens to NK? BTW, I am really worried since my hometown is bordered with NK. What happens if a Nuke gets detonates there???

Best friendship means we help each other no matter how hard it is. The government side may keep silent. But on the civilian side, at least, I really feel that is an absurd law. It is even absurd that it has been written into law. How about separation of religion and state? Is Pakistan a secular country or religious country like Iran?

You have indeed the right to express your opinion my friend.

Well Pakistan is neither Turkey nor Iran. We are something in-between.:)

You have indeed the right to express your opinion my friend.

Well Pakistan is neither Turkey nor Iran. We are something in-between.:)

Does Iran has worst laws than even Pakistan. I thought Iran was moderate. But anyway, good to include updated knowledge.

Does Iran has worst laws than even Pakistan. I thought Iran was moderate. But anyway, good to include updated knowledge.

I don't claim to know Iran a lot but blasphemy law exists in Iran as well and they are also blamed for using it against minorities. Iran is a theocratic state and they have strict Islamic laws. Iran was certainly more progressive before Islamic revolution. Pakistan is Islamic republic but not yet a theocratic state. That's what i mean.

I don't claim to know Iran a lot but blasphemy law exists in Iran as well and they are also blamed for using it against minorities. Iran is a theocratic state and they have strict Islamic laws. Iran was certainly more progressive before Islamic revolution. Pakistan is Islamic republic but not yet a theocratic state. That's what i mean.

Yes, that is right. it exists in Iran and also in Afghanistan. We had 3 very prominent blasphemy trials in afghanistan over the last 2 years.

No one was shocked! It was their way of implementation and interpretation of the Islamic laws which WAS absolutely wrong.

Btw, Swat is now under Sharia'ah law, it was the demand of the common people which was misused by Militants :)

http://www.defence.pk/forums/curren...-regulation-top-sharia-court-set-up-swat.html

Please explain how the implementation by them was wrong?

and by the way, this Nizame Adl in Swat will be interesting to know what they do. Yes, in terms of Talaq, Mirath, other disputes etc we know it wont be a problem, but we will see how these courts deal with cases of theft, adultury etc. and please dont tell me that in Swat adultury and theft doesnt happen.

I'm getting so sick of these mullahs and their hypocrisy/BS
I couldn't agree with you more! If these damn mullah-brigades have their way, they’ll drag us back to the Stone Age.

The most disgusting thing was the rally was attended by JUD (the mouthpiece of banned terrorist organization Lashkar-e-Tayyaba ) and the mainstream political parties PML-N, PML-Q and Imran Khan’s PTI. :disagree:

Your saying would not change the reality. Check status of all memberships of world (eg. UN, World Bank, ADB, etc.) India is member well before 1947. If you know reality, than India is sucessor state of British India.

What is problem ? You want to tell each and every person of this world that India was not before 1947. If you say that everyone will laugh on you. India was, is and will remain forever. And about name, we are proud of Indus river and its civilization. We will not back from this claim anytime in future. If you know Indian Anthem includes Sindh, we know its no more in India, but that doesn't change history and facts.

The Republic of india was created in 1947 by the British along with Pakistan. The difference is you indians decided to keep the name given to you by your British masters, whilst we Pakistanis, chose our own name and identity!

What history and facts? Sindh/Pakistan was never apart of this modern-day india. Sindh/Pakistan was apart of the British-india/British empire.

Why are you taking pride in having "Sindh" in your national anthem? Why would anybody in their right mind be proud of something like this?.. I feel sorry for our Sindhi brothers and sisters.

Pakistan was, is and will remain forever. Insh'Allah

We won't allow you to claim our history anytime in the future either. :cheers:

Back
Top Bottom