What's new

This Pakistani Designer Has Made a Symbol for Pakistani Rupee

I guess there is notion that either we lack or don't have a currency symbol already. We do.
qwert.jpg

world-currency-asia-pakistan-rupee-coin-exchange-512.png

Font : Code 2000
Code2000.ttf.png

Not Poor, very poor... resembling INR ... typical Pakistani designer stuff... there is a difference btw getting inspiration from others and develop something or copy-paste of others work with little alteration... You have to be original. This is not a design work for any 50 people company logo. Its gonna be a symbol of state currency. Before designing, you have to do in-depth research (How many people actually recognize this or interpret this, demographic, understanding, link with your country aesthetics and credentials and so on). Sorry to say har koi idhar udhar say chezain joor jaar kar bana kar graphic designer bana huwa hey.. the designation of GD is like a joke!
Indeed currency symbol design is a specialized work from even in the graphic design spectrum and there is far more to it that meets the eye for sure. Other than that it is governed like almost all stuff by standards and procedures to follow other than one's purely related to state or people as u mentioned.

Having said that, personally, I don't find anything wrong with aspirants, professionals or one to be or even common people indulging in such work without much knowledge, no matter how poor the try.. its fun, its start to finding more about it, which forum as such is for.

Here are some Examples, If someone could please find the details or more as such for PKR (symbol Rs) I would thank full if shared.
Moreeurofonts.svg.png
Euro_Construction.svg.png

Regards.

Last edited:
Not Poor, very poor... resembling INR ... typical Pakistani designer stuff... there is a difference btw getting inspiration from others and develop something or copy-paste of others work with little alteration... You have to be original. This is not a design work for any 50 people company logo. Its gonna be a symbol of state currency. Before designing, you have to do in-depth research (How many people actually recognize this or interpret this, demographic, understanding, link with your country aesthetics and credentials and so on). Sorry to say har koi idhar udhar say chezain joor jaar kar bana kar graphic designer bana huwa hey.. the designation of GD is like a joke!

A dead on censure.

It's funny, I was just thinking about the symbol of rupee the other day.
we need to make our own symbol, preferably with the collaboration of the remaining countries that use rupees.
Can't let India dictate the default rupee symbol.

Lumbar one Army: our people are prepared for WWIII.

Preparedness: this thread

There are lots of currency symbols with similar markings that is not an Indian thing.

Imagine drawing those parallel lines on the curve just as it's on INR sysmbol & erase vertical line of "R". Since I abhor this Sanskrit term so it gives more ground to me for its non-acceptance.

How does it match indian design. R is common so some similarity is understandable

Untitled.jpg

How about this. It follows same concept contained in OP, but looks different then Indian rupee design.
P + Rs and also "Alif and "re"

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom