What's new

This is the language most Pakistanis want to learn

Edevelop

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
English is the most popular language in the world to learn online, according to one of the world’s biggest language websites.

According to language learning website, Duolingo, English is the first choice for users from 116 countries. However, in a surprising turn, French is the most popular language to learn in Pakistan.

Recently, the website used data from its 120 million users spread across 194 countries, to find out what languages they were learning.

As the map below shows, English is the first choice while French has the second highest number of learners. Spanish comes in third and is followed by German.

duo.jpg

Another map produced by the website shows the second most popular languages to learn across the world.

duo2.jpg

PHOTO: DUOLINGO

The map shows that the second most popular language to learn in Pakistan is German.

Interestingly, the most learned language in Sweden is Swedish, which Duolingo suggests is due to high immigration. The same case can be seen in Norway where Norwegian is the second most popular language to learn and in the United States where English is the second most popular language to learn.

http://tribune.com.pk/story/1099341/this-is-the-language-most-pakistanis-want-to-learn/

Probably the main reason of French and German language to be learnt is that those proceeding abroad on higher education to these countries are suppose to learn German and French (i think so) in any case, though the method of teaching in these countries is English also. Immigration pre requirements also play a role in this.

I hope 1 day i will learn deutsch :agree: are there any good language learning centers in Lahore btw? anyone?

Probably the main reason of French and German language to be learnt is that those proceeding abroad on higher education to these countries are suppose to learn German and French (i think so) in any case, though the method of teaching in these countries is English also. Immigration pre requirements also play a role in this.

I'm surprised there is no mention of Chinese. I thought Pakistanis have made China and far east their favourite destination for work and education.

I hope 1 day i will learn deutsch :agree: are there any good language learning centers in Lahore btw? anyone?

There are some very good audio programs you can buy or download from the internet. Try Pimsleur, Michel Thomas, and Rosetta Stone.

French language encompasses the beauty to which English is deprived off..
Proud that I know this beautiful language.

I want to Learn Turkish, Arabic ,Persian, Pushtu, Balochi, Sindhi. These Languages are our heritage. We should be Learning These. URDU PUNJABI and English i already know.

I can speak Urdu, Punjabi, English and fully understand French and Italian but I agree with you we need to learn languages of our heritage. I wish I can speak Arabic, Farsi, and Kashmiri.

I want to Learn Turkish, Arabic ,Persian, Pushtu, Balochi, Sindhi. These Languages are our heritage. We should be Learning These. URDU PUNJABI and English i already know.

how is turkish your heritage?? :D

directly, i mean.

and why turkish and not russian??

No one chose Turkish?

Its considered to be one of the most difficult languages to learn but I'm sure most people don't know that. Western languages tops all because of economic complexes. :P

directly, i mean.

It has to do with Islamic heritage. Arabic, Persian, and Turkish were the three powers which controlled most of the Islamic world and had influence on religious, philosophical, poetry, and scientific works

It has to do with Islamic heritage. Arabic, Farsi, and Turkish were the three powers which controlled most of the Islamic world and had influence on religious, philosophical, poetry, and scientific works

so did greek philosophy and sciences. :)

so were the contributions of non-muslim intellectuals like alexander pushkin.

you know where the word "urdu" came from?

from india... end of story.

know where the word "unani" comes from?? :D

directly, i mean.

Urdu is derived from Turkish and Persian. ORDU was orginal For Urdu , which is means army in Turkish. It was the language spoken by Babur's Soldiers. Which were of mixed ethnicities. SO Turkish is our heritage or some parts of it

Back
Top Bottom