What's new

"This is no hope of India becoming the next China..."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guys very critical of india.

But some points I agree with

China will slow down as nothing grows at same rate for ever . As china poplation ages its and economy reaches maturity it will max out growth . I see chinease growth dropping to natural 3% in a decade or so.

India growth rate will increase to 8% and more next decade.

BUT INDIA will ndever grow as fast or as long as china.

ULTIMAYELY by 2050 INDIA WILL NARROW the GAP from 1 to 5 TO 1.35 by 2045.

THATS IS MY PREDICTION

Most importantly we try to do everything by consensus. In many states seat belts or helmets are also not compulsory , because its not popular. A carrot and stick policy is required. Only carrot does not work.
There's will be no consensus on any issue in human society,never ever

India has to remain India..why to become China
They mean becoming China in economic stats,u turd

The guy in the video does not understand the idea of compound growth.

India is miles apart from China..India can build a few cities which will be cheap imitation of China but it can never reach the levels of China..simply because such standards do not exist in grass root India society...India so far has not even managed to control its population where as China not only has a negative population growth rate but also corresponding rise in quality of life which makes next generation better education and more capable..

Authorianism will not work in India. Democracy is only the way of life in India, and the economic principles that comes with it.

India represents a failed democracy. Ask any none Indian or Chinese which country is better off. The answer is obvious. Empty belly would care less about the right to vote.

India need not be the next China (just riding on debts and waiting to crumble anytime).
India can have a slow and steady growth which allows wealth to accumulate in a distributed manner different from China where people from east take showers in jacuzzi and the people from west get polluted by the water drained from those jacuzzis.

And here is your share...

g93.jpg

By the way,why the f India would want to become China??

Largest Democracy to Largest Autocracy is a long jump,it'll take 1000 years to change the mindset atleast.

im saying u guys cant even if u all wanted to. u guys lack the IQ and cultural mindset to.

When they talk about becoming next China what they mean is a country that develops in the same speed as China has done. Who wouldn't want that?:crazy:

Having the same 'pace' as China requires a political system similar to China - authoritarian where all dissent is brutally crushed. There are no checks and balances on such a system if it lurches the wrong way - for instance, consider the 'Great Leap Forward' or the Cultural Revolution. By any account, Mao is responsible for more deaths any tyrant in the 20th century. I think I am quite happy with a slower, more measured pace of growth in a society where there is no risk of a Mao like monster emerging.

Having the same 'pace' as China requires a political system similar to China - authoritarian where all dissent is brutally crushed. There are no checks and balances on such a system if it lurches the wrong way - for instance, consider the 'Great Leap Forward' or the Cultural Revolution. By any account, Mao is responsible for more deaths any tyrant in the 20th century. I think I am quite happy with a slower, more measured pace of growth in a society where there is no risk of a Mao like monster emerging.

If political system is the reason, North Korea or Vietnam would be like China today.

Mao era was 40 years ago, famine was the reason for most death.

more like a cheapshot attempt to blame bharati imcompetency on the ludicrous reasoning of Bharat's own freedom of political opinion.

according to u:

more political freedom = slower pace of national development?

lolz.

Last edited:
more like a cheapshot attempt to blame bharati imcompetency on the ludicrous reasoning of Bharat's own freedom of political opinion.

according to u:

more political freedom = slower pace of national development?

lolz.

Just so that you can understand it, I'll type reeeeaal slow this time.

More political freedom = checks and balances = slower decision making
Upside: No great leap forward, no cultural revolution, no chance of turning up like North Korea
Downside: Projects take place slowly

If political system is the reason, North Korea or Vietnam would be like China today.

Mao era was 40 years ago, famine was the reason for most death.

Not every authoritarian experiment will end up like China - I never said that. China happens to be just one authoritarian experiment that has been successful - there are dozens of other authoritarian countries that are failed/quasi-failed states - North Korea is just one example.

Knowing how spectacularly things can go wrong in an authoritarian regime, I'll prefer a slow, lumbering democracy which moves slowly but moves in the right direction - without any disasters such as the Great Leap Forward or the Cultural Revolution.

The famine that China faced in Mao's time was largely man-made. Read up on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom