What's new

This German couple spent 9 weeks in Pakistan to prove that it is safe for visitors

There are Baba Goosh restaurants in Pakistan that serve Turkish food if you wanted your own food. Just saying.
I actually would rather experience the Pakistani food culture. I want traditional Pakistani food, what would be the most delicious 3 dishes? Without considering how much calories the food consists of.

Reason I said I'm Türk is, so you give me the best food and not some cheap stuff that you'd give another nationality :D (joke alert)

I actually would rather experience the Pakistani food culture. I want traditional Pakistani food, what would be the most delicious 3 dishes? Without considering how much calories the food consists of.

Reason I said I'm Türk is, so you give me the best food and not some cheap stuff that you'd give another nationality :D (joke alert)
Pak food is a blend of Afghan Persian Indian and some elements of Chinese and Turkish influences. In all honesty my favourite dish is Gujjarati Biryani from the Indian state of Gujurat. It's just a personal choice of flavours and tastes just like how I like Turkish Shawarma and Kurdish food. If in Pakistan I'd stay away from food vendors due to hygiene resons.

Pak food is a blend of Afghan Persian Indian and some elements of Chinese and Turkish influences. In all honesty my favourite dish is Gujjarati Biryani from the Indian state of Gujurat. It's just a personal choice of flavours and tastes just like how I like Turkish Shawarma and Kurdish food. If in Pakistan I'd stay away from food vendors due to hygiene resons.
lol not all food vendors are unhygienic Do you suggest to stay away from this too :woot:

maxresdefault.jpg

7a298f32d7def517bc0dfe7d5856f4c6.jpg

Fo
For more indepth information tune into YouTube channal National Ka Pakistan. This is a series about Pakistan food which varies from different provinces of Pakistan. A brilliant show mainly in Urdu but also some parts in English.

lol not all food vendors are unhygienic Do you suggest to stay away from this too :woot:

maxresdefault.jpg

7a298f32d7def517bc0dfe7d5856f4c6.jpg
Some are clean but others are not. It isn't just Pakistan this could be said about any place of the world example I visited Istanbul a few years ago mainly eat delicious food from cafes and restaurants and was ok but a friend decided to eat from a food vendor and an hour later he was vomiting it all out.

Some are clean but others are not. It isn't just Pakistan this could be said about any place of the world example I visited Istanbul a few years ago mainly eat delicious food from cafes and restaurants and was ok but a friend decided to eat from a food vendor and an hour later he was vomiting it all out.
True but some street foods are legendary. I suppose Lahore street food is same. Some of the best food can be found at those vendors.

True but some street foods are legendary. I suppose Lahore street food is same. Some of the best food can be found at those vendors.
North West Indian dishes are same as Pak food from the province of Punjab. The amount of spices may vary though.

North West Indian dishes are same as Pak food from the province of Punjab. The amount of spices may vary though.
I have never tasted Pakistan food so can't say much. But North Western itself has variety of cuisines. For example, Rajasthani food is very different from Punjabi/Haryanvi food. Same goes for Gujarati food which is mostly sweet.

I think Pakistani cuisine would be similar to what we have in Delhi or Punjab/Haryana or UP and personally they are my favorite as they are staple food for me. My second favourite would be Rajasthani/marwadi food. I cannot stand south Indian, Chinese (except for Manchurian varieties ), Italian or any western food (except Burgers).

Yeah
I have never tasted Pakistan food so can't say much. But North Western itself has variety of cuisines. For example, Rajasthani food is very different from Punjabi/Haryanvi food. Same goes for Gujarati food which is mostly sweet.

I think Pakistani cuisine would be similar to what we have in Delhi or Punjab/Haryana or UP and personally they are my favorite as they are staple food for me. My second favourite would be Rajasthani/marwadi food. I cannot stand south Indian, Chinese (except for Manchurian varieties ), Italian or any western food (except Burgers).
Pak Punjab and Indian Punjab will share similar cuisine and I think the Rajestan state will have some similar dishes to Pakistan's Sindh province. It considerably changes in KPK an Balochestan as their cuisine is heavily influenced by Afghanistan, Iran Central Asia and some Arab influences.

The irony is in the UK the vast restaurants that serve south Asian cuisine are referred to as 'Indian restaurants' however most of the time the owners and head chefs are either Pakistanis or Bangladeshis. Indians hardly ever go into the catering business.

The irony is in the UK the vast restaurants that serve south Asian cuisine are referred to as 'Indian restaurants' however most of the time the owners and head chefs are either Pakistanis or Bangladeshis. Indians hardly ever go into the catering business.

So much agreed. I can tell this much since in Copenhagen I've been to 3 different "Indian restaurants" and all 3 owners and workers were Pakistani. I ate Chicken Tikka Masala, Butter Chicken, Lahore Chicken dishes, and other gravy chicken dishes that I cannot remember the names of.

The same happened in my vacation in London, the Indian restaurants that I visited were once again Pakistani - but that's only a bonus to me, since Pakistani's usually use Halal meat.

Hence I was wondering what the differences between the Pakistani and Indian cuisines are? But I think I got some of the answer reading your comments through - as far as I understand, it depends on the region, some regions are more sweet some are spicier?

Thanks.

Yeah
Pak Punjab and Indian Punjab will share similar cuisine and I think the Rajestan state will have some similar dishes to Pakistan's Sindh province. It considerably changes in KPK an Balochestan as their cuisine is heavily influenced by Afghanistan, Iran Central Asia and some Arab influences.

Cannot disagree with the bold part. In Japan I went to an 'Indian restaurant' being jointly run by a Nepali and a Pakistani. On knowing that we are from India, they gave us authentic spicy Indian food.

So much agreed. I can tell this much since in Copenhagen I've been to 3 different "Indian restaurants" and all 3 owners and workers were Pakistani. I ate Chicken Tikka Masala, Butter Chicken, Lahore Chicken dishes, and other gravy chicken dishes that I cannot remember the names of.

The same happened in my vacation in London, the Indian restaurants that I visited were once again Pakistani - but that's only a bonus to me, since Pakistani's usually use Halal meat.

Hence I was wondering what the differences between the Pakistani and Indian cuisines are? But I think I got some of the answer reading your comments through - as far as I understand, it depends on the region, some regions are more sweet some are spicier?

Thanks.

If you want to go see more Pakistani foods...Do visit @ghazi52 threads.This member is notorious for his food threads...I can mention few here...Check this out...

https://defence.pk/threads/famous-pakistani-food.398233/

https://defence.pk/threads/16-reasons-why-pakistani-cuisine-is-the-best-in-the-world.427805/

https://defence.pk/threads/12-desi-food-places-in-karachi-you-must-try.454949/

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom