What's new

Think India should be grateful for colonialism? Here are 5 reasons why you're unbelievably ignorant

Muslim never forcibly converted Hindus to Islam

Sorry, but on this point most historians would disagree with you quite categorically.

It is not the fault of present day Muslims what some king or emperor of the same faith did in the past!

If not for britain, thousands of independent kingdoms will exist now in what is called india plus india won't have their national language which is english. India should be grateful for british rule.

These Hindutva are now rewriting the history, painting dark and bright eras and creating new villains an heroes.

Look at South and North America the Europeans colonized and converted the population to Christianty. The Muslim never forcibly converted Hindus to Islam else India would be 99% Muslim today. The Muslim ruling elite lived in luxury while poor Muslim and Hindus lived in poverty.
Sir, Muslim rulers tried to covert too. It's just Hindus came out to be more resilient :D

king or emperor of the same faith did in the past!

There were some cases on individual basis but no tribes, castes, cities or provinces were converted forcibly. Whole South Asia would have been Muslim today if they forcibly converted to Islam.

There were some cases on individual basis but no tribes, castes, cities or provinces were converted forcibly. Whole South Asia would have been Muslim today if they forcibly converted to Islam.
You are completely wrong in this. I come from an area where one such emperor swept through and the choice given was hanging off a tree or conversion. Families were broken up, men killed and women given as wives to Muslims. The local population fought back which is why they are not 99% Muslim. do you think that Muslims never lost any wars?

Pretending that didn't happen will get you nowhere. Blaming present day Muslims for the sins of past rulers though is another thing all together.

Anyway, I have to leave now.

The South Asians were dragged screaming and crying to the modern age by the British while the Japanese were humiliated in the wars and had to modernise their country.
Not exactly, The Japanese emperor Meiji was smart enough and capable enough to modernize Japan

@Nihonjin1051 could you add a bit more info.

Indians complaining about it is funny as the country now known as INDIA was created by the british raj. India or hindustan was the name of this region just like arabia or europe with different ethnic groups living here with no intention of joining each other. The british to make governance easy joined the whole land into one unit. Question is would have kashmiris chosen to live with assamese in a same country or tamils with pathans in a same country? My answer is no. They would have been independent states or part of someother countries.

I also would like to thank British Raj for giving us those precious - "Sarkari Babus"!!

Life without them.........can't be imagined!!

Back
Top Bottom