What's new

There Was No Reason To Go For Only 8 New F16's:-----

This news about pacing the order of 8 new F 16's came as a surprise from nowhere---. It was not 18---it was not 28---it was not 36----it was not 48---but it was 8 F16's---..

First order.......there is supposed to be more orders which will be announced soon. The 8 jets are primarily going to be used for Afghanistan / Pakistan border support and military ops support. These have advanced targeting pods and stuff.

What do you think is happening with Obama---he is being smashed all over---all his wars are a major failure of the U S military---everything run amuck and out of control----Iraq out of control---Syria out of control---Libya out of control---Afghanistan out of control----..

These countries aren't going out of control because of the US :rofl: . Nor are these Obama's issues. Obama's focus was to get the American economy up and going and to not start more wars. He did that.

These countries are in a shiit hole because of their internal politics. Even Russia's been involved with messing crap up in the ME. Go figure. But the blame would go to the US by default.,...:angel::tdown::lol:

Sir,

As for Paf---it does not know its head from its tail----it is so fckd up organization----. Only if I had the time and the money---I would have filed a law suit against the air chiefs for treason against the state---in Pakistan.

As a Pakistani citizen---I have every right to pontificate on the Paf----Paf is no Golden cow that must be worshipped by every Pakistani---.
PAF should not be treated as a golden cow, I agree. However, humbly, we are talking about whether you are qualified to opine on the intricate details of PAF decisions and strategy. Have you served in the PAF in any capacity? Curious?

He is correct you know.

1. First reason for preference for F-16 may be cost. A F-16 would cost in 60-70$ million range, while a twin Engine fighter would cost 120-150$ range, and that is just downpayment. A twin engine fighter need much costly maintenance, would need setting up of new infrastructure, and is much costlier to fly. Which mean that for every twin engine Jet, PAF could afford 4-5 F-16s when life cycle costs are taken into consideration, an argument which if viewed from another perspective would mean that for the cost of 76 F-16s, PAF would only have been able to buy and maintain some 20 odd Twin-Engine heavy fighters.

Cost isn't an issue for Pakistan anymore. She's expected to have over $ 30-35 billion in reserves by December 2015. So obviously $ 4 billion can buy about 40 of them, plus additional money for support and infrastructure. So its not a big deal.

By 2020, the cost issue will have subsided all the way. The PAF is waiting on J-11D to mature up and provide large scale Radar (AESA) with multi-target capability and PL-15 long range BVR's. That's the package the PAF is really interested in, but it will probably take another year or two for this platform to become a new baseline like in late 90's, SU-27 became that.

Dude,

What do you think is happening with Obama---he is being smashed all over---all his wars are a major failure of the U S military---everything run amuck and out of control----Iraq out of control---Syria out of control---Libya out of control---Afghanistan out of control----.

There is only one hope and that is Pakistan's help in calming Afghanistan---. Pakistan can just sit like a neutral empire and do nothing till his term is over----.

U S is still the mighty super power---but then there are other venues opening up for Pakistan---. U S cannot control Pakistan forever.

And what Obama did to Pakistan regarding Osama---pakistan should just stay quiet about the issue and let things run their normal course----.

Long post that says nothing

He is correct you know.

1. First reason for preference for F-16 may be cost. A F-16 would cost in 60-70$ million range, while a twin Engine fighter would cost 120-150$ range, and that is just downpayment. A twin engine fighter need much costly maintenance, would need setting up of new infrastructure, and is much costlier to fly. Which mean that for every twin engine Jet, PAF could afford 4-5 F-16s when life cycle costs are taken into consideration, an argument which if viewed from another perspective would mean that for the cost of 76 F-16s, PAF would only have been able to buy and maintain some 20 odd Twin-Engine heavy fighters.

2.Coming to your repeated dream of hitting Mumbai and Bengaluru with JH-7 or Su-35 or J-11. This is where real delusion sets in. Firstly, it ignored the tactical difficulty/impossibility of achieving such a feat. That strike package of yours would not be flying into undefended space. Mumbai is pretty well protected with two Su-30MKI squadrons based in Lohegaon,Pune (less than 50 Kms from Mumbai), has S-300 now and would have S-400 in future for protection, IN have 45 Mig-20Ks dedicated for sea bound interception, and a Dozen destroyers with Mid-range interception capabilities. In this threat scenario, anything less than a strike package of 40-50 bombers have no chance to get through.

Second, Is the strategic stupidity of such a move. While you need to send Aircrafts and fire missiles to even reach Mumbai or Bengeluru, Indian Navy could reduce Karachi to rubble by using dumb bombs fired from its Naval guns, and most of your towns are withing artillery range. An attack on Indian civilians would give India a just cause (for International posturing) to bomb your civilians in much more detail and at lower cost, or demonise you further depending on objectives of India.Also your bombers would not be returning after executing such a strike.
It should come as no surprise to you that your Airforce does not pay heed to your crackpot theories.
Lets not get on our high horse so quickly. The only reason the PAF might be looking for a twin engined "long loiter" fighter is to align itself with reality of the Chinese economic corridor. We would eventually need those kind of planes to make sure we maintain coverage over the extended sea trade .etc. Pakistan lacks strategic air space depth, therefore, we live by the credo, kabhi ao na humaray air space mein khusbu laga kay, the f16's and others including the air defense system are excellent for that.

He is correct you know.

2.Coming to your repeated dream of hitting Mumbai and Bengaluru with JH-7 or Su-35 or J-11. This is where real delusion sets in. Firstly, it ignored the tactical difficulty/impossibility of achieving such a feat. That strike package of yours would not be flying into undefended space. Mumbai is pretty well protected with two Su-30MKI squadrons based in Lohegaon,Pune (less than 50 Kms from Mumbai), has S-300 now and would have S-400 in future for protection, IN have 45 Mig-20Ks dedicated for sea bound interception, and a Dozen destroyers with Mid-range interception capabilities. In this threat scenario, anything less than a strike package of 40-50 bombers have no chance to get through.

Second, Is the strategic stupidity of such a move. While you need to send Aircrafts and fire missiles to even reach Mumbai or Bengeluru, Indian Navy could reduce Karachi to rubble by using dumb bombs fired from its Naval guns, and most of your towns are withing artillery range. An attack on Indian civilians would give India a just cause (for International posturing) to bomb your civilians in much more detail and at lower cost, or demonise you further depending on objectives of India.Also your bombers would not be returning after executing such a strike.

It should come as no surprise to you that your Airforce does not pay heed to your crackpot theories.

Hi,

My man---what is the paf preparing for---to fight with itself---no---it is to fight indan air force---you know who they are---the ones with 242 SU30MKI's----. To fight with them----the paf needs to have aircraft in the similar category.

If cost is an issue----then lay down and make peace with india now while they are ahead----why to make peace after being destroyed----.

By the way---what is the range of the naval guns---!

As for the strikes----they will get there---regardless of what you have----. Remember one thing---and never forget---An enemy gets to vote as well.

Long post that says nothing

Sir,

You have to have the ability to understand in the first place---just because you claim to does not mean that you do----.

PAF should not be treated as a golden cow, I agree. However, humbly, we are talking about whether you are qualified to opine on the intricate details of PAF decisions and strategy. Have you served in the PAF in any capacity? Curious?

Hi,

I have not served in the Paf---. I never worked a day in my life in Pakistan---I only started working when I had to here in the U S in retail sales---ie car sales.

Last edited:
Are we getting missile package along with planes or is it just the plane deal , Missiles even up the odds greatly

Pakistan air force needs to understand that it is not its needs and desires that need to be met----it is the strategic need of what is important for Pakistan that needs to be acquired and not the other way around---.

I would have thought that both PAF's needs and the strategic needs of Pakistan meant the same things.

I would have thought that both PAF's needs and the strategic needs of Pakistan meant the same things.

Hi,

Thank for catching on----. Since after 1965---paf has gone on its own wild tangent.

Don't shoot me if what I said makes no sense. I admit I know dick*shit on this subject.
If that was the case you would have been shot multiple times(thats you post count),you never make sense.

So dont worry you are safe.

There is no offer from US side that it will be selling any F-16 to Pakistan. Dont jump the gun.

PAF is in so much love with single engined jets that even if they get their hands on some twin engined jet they will seal one engine and fly the jet on the other engine only. Every air craft will be painted with a note" band engine ki seal tornay walay k khilaf sakht qanuni qarwae ki jay ge. bahukam base commander"
On topic. None of the PDF warriors know exactly whats going on in the minds of the PAF planners, what are the requirements and how they are perceiving the threat from the enemy. It seems PAF is planning to replace the non ROSE mirages and the F-7Ps with the JFTs and falcons and later on will induct some fifth gen jet later on in next 5-8 years

I said many times before and face some criticism that these PAF think tanks are shittt nothing else more... even 10 years old kid do better decision and planing then these *********

Pakistan has not ordered/requested any new F16 lately what Obama is preparing to sell eight F-16 fighter jets to Pakistan in an attempt to bolster the two countries' relationship and that's it. This possible new developments is something probably Pakistan was next expecting either. Just consider them as few embargoed ones and keep looking for new acquisition of considerable order(s) either Chinese or Russian(if possible).

I really don't believe that PAF has officially requested US for good number of planes and in for that reply US is just offering us 8. So to me its just a good will gesture offer.

This is exactly what it is. The Americans are trying to bribe Pakistan by offering these F-16s. The Americans have made no secret of their displeasure regarding Pakistan's defence and economic relations with China/Russia openly and behind closed doors. The Americans are also in panic mode after Pakistan announced that it is in talks with the Russians for Su-35. I believe that Pakistan is eventually going to opt for Su-35. This desperate offer is made by the Americans and sanity i.e. logic dictates that it would be wise to surpass it kindly.

As brother MastanKhan has pointed out, the need of the hour is to induct air superiority long range fighters. Even in small adequate numbers would suffice. The purchase of 8 F-16s wouldn't make any sense.

PAF is very fond of Russian fighters and we are going to seize this opportunity presented to us. No amount of American bribe and offers are going to change that fact.

Last edited:

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom