The Worlds Biggest IT Tower to be in Pakistan

EagleEyes

ADMINISTRATOR
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Monday, 09 June 2008 01:46 Pakistan Daily - Breaking Pakistan News

The multi-million rupee IT Tower project will take about 2 years to complete after which it will be the biggest call center in the world, said City Nazim Mustafa Kamal.

The call center in Sydney is presently regarded as the biggest with 8,000 call seats but the IT Tower in Karachi will have 10,000 call seats under one roof. He stated this while talking to the media during a visit to the IT Expo 2008 on Sunday. Kamal said the City Government’s Toll Free 1339 number is unique world over. The CDGK has arranged training for the call centre with foreign instructors. The first batch of 7,500 trainees would soon be ready. The city government is spending nearly Rs 60,000 on each trainee.

Yeah i think its already under construction. It should be around 47 stories if i remember correctly.

this tower looking like my dream i will go there inshallah

hahahhahahahhahaah

I'm guessing they'd have many many generators on the basement.

In Pakistan, the IT fields of Business continuity and Disaster Recovery planning are booming like anything. It's due to this very problem of Pakistan.

Although a dedicated IT building in Pakistan could be used for something better than call centres. Data Centres, DR Sites, Software Development, off site hosting, redudant servers, etc. So many better applications.

actually IT development and outsourcing looks quite promising in Pak. A couple of my pakistani friends told me that a lot of private people teaching 'computer courses' is on the rise in urban areas like karachi (please correct me if this is false this is what my pak frnds have had to say)

Pak is definitely got this right i guess. good work!

I think Pakistan can give a good competition to the Indian counter parts in this field. It has the reserved educated man power to deal with.

The multi-million rupee IT Tower project will take about 2 years to complete after which it will be the biggest call center in the world, said City Nazim Mustafa Kamal.

The call center in Sydney is presently regarded as the biggest with 8,000 call seats but the IT Tower in Karachi will have 10,000 call seats under one roof. He stated this while talking to the media during a visit to the IT Expo 2008 on Sunday. Kamal said the City Government’s Toll Free 1339 number is unique world over. The CDGK has arranged training for the call centre with foreign instructors. The first batch of 7,500 trainees would soon be ready. The city government is spending nearly Rs 60,000 on each trainee.

Mustafa Kamal having wet dreams again, this guy was behind the unforgetable May 12 incident. The guy is an opertunist a very telentated actor, I remember when the storm that struck Karachi at least 30-40 people died from advertisment boards and a few buliding colapsed he watched it happening doing nothing to prevent.

The $200M and 47 story IT Tower in Karachi.

The building will provide employment to 40,000 people, with 10,000 call center seats running out of the facility. According to Mustafa Kamal, Nazim of Karachi, 60% of the call center capacity has already been booked up by various companies.

It’s good to see stories like this because they confirm the growth estimates being publicized by the PSEB and the Ministry of Information Technology. Clearly, capacity expansion of this magnitude, and that too, with a high reservation rate prior to the project even being live, bodes well for the industry.

528b0dc8d2d379c44853938c702c52a5.jpg

Pakistan is adopting the Chinese model.

In India, all the call centres are built by private companies. The government doesn't do it.

Checked out the image , Nice tower. Way to go Pakistan.
But I do have certain questions. Is Karachi a crowded city, is real estate expensive in Karachi, is there no special zones in suburban areas?

I Am asking this question because your mode of infrastructure seems to be different from our's. In here especially in south most of these IT buildings don't extend above say 5 to 6 storeys, maximum 8 storeys I guess. They are usually spread across a wide geographical area. ie each company's complex extends from some 50 to 200 acres with a series of glass buildings, especially the ones having thousands of employees.
Reasons:

1. It allows for expansion in the future
2. These are not situated in the city but are usually situated outside the city. It is actually quiet funny because unlike most developed cities around the world, in south India most of shining new complexes are situated in suburban areas outside the city,so the exterior of the city looks good than its interior.
3. Government has given access to vast tracts of land at the outskirts free of cost or at subsidised price.

So can anyone who is good in urban infrastructure explain the infrasturcture development is vertical instead of being horizontal like us. Is it situated in prime real estate? Is it a symbolic inorder to attract more investment, like an image building exercise? Is it because sububan areas are not well accessible? Kindly explain, would be intersting to analyse.

Cheers

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom