What's new

The World's Best Special Forces

I have a great problem with this ranking system.We need to get the definition of a special force start. A special force is a unit that fufils on of the following:
Is trained in counter-terrorist and hostage rescue
OR
Is trained in gorrila warfare

Firstly the MI 6 is NOT a special force but just an intelligence agency.

Secondly the US Army Rangers are NOT a special force but simply advanced infantry. All the essentially are is good infantry soldiers and not a special force as they do not fulfill the definition above. As well, their training lasts only for 60 days. This is peanuts compared to real special forces (eg SAS-6 months, SSG-9 months

Desiman this is your "personal" opinion, and as far as training and more importantly combat experience is concerned, i can bet that SSG deserves to be in the top 10. But you haven't included them because there wont be any indian special force competing for it.

Yamam is the top Israeli counter terror unit, operating under Ministry of Internal Security as police unit.

yamam1.jpg

:)

63238926.jpg

:)

I dont think SSG has as much exposure or experience to be at number 5 like the rest that are rated below it.
patriotism is not bad but reality is different. same goes with Indian Black cats too. most of our missions have been just between the two countries.

when you talk about US, Britsh , Russian or Israel you are talking about diverse enemies they have faced and have mostly succeeded.

I have a great problem with this ranking system.We need to get the definition of a special force start. A special force is a unit that fufils on of the following:
Is trained in counter-terrorist and hostage rescue
OR
Is trained in gorrila warfare

Firstly the MI 6 is NOT a special force but just an intelligence agency.

Secondly the US Army Rangers are NOT a special force but simply advanced infantry. All the essentially are is good infantry soldiers and not a special force as they do not fulfill the definition above. As well, their training lasts only for 60 days. This is peanuts compared to real special forces (eg SAS-6 months, SSG-9 months

re MI 6 I agree with you (I was surprised why an intelligence agency found place in what is the domain of commodes). but US Army rangers are in a bit of a grey area. And in my opinion would fall in the special forces category. During Iraq war, different news channels ran comprehensive reports and analysis normally narrated by ex- military personal who listed US Army rangers, 101 airborne division, green barrette’s. Delta force, Navy SEALS and even the US marines as special forces vs. Iraq’s only viable (although ineffective) opponent being the Iraqi Republican Guards.

I think it is very subjective to brand someone regular or special forces. Even a sniper in a regular infantry unit is classed as someone special because he goes through the gruelling training at par with what makes a commando. He sneaks in, takes out important targets. Guards choke points , does reconnaissance and intelligence etc. on top of that now regular infantry battalions have squad level urban/ CBQ training

What one can clearly see and agree is that SSG or Black Cats or SAS or Navy Seals , Delta force & Spetsnaz etc are pure and elite of the elites of the special forces of their respective countries and marines , US rangers, British Paras etc somewhere between them and the regular troops that are trained to fight a conventional war.

the phrase which can settle the argument here is “behind enemy lines”. So any unit type that is involved in operating behind enemy lines, disrupting communications, supplies and taking out command centres and prefers covert operations instead of full frontal assault should fall in the special forces category.

Interesting definitions for Lazy-Men-R-us aka wikipedia

Special forces, or Special Operations forces are terms used to describe elite military tactical teams trained to perform high-risk dangerous missions that conventional units cannot perform. Special Forces soldiers need to be physically and mentally robust and have the confidence, courage and skill to operate individually or in small teams, often in isolation and in a hostile environment. They are high value assets, commanded at the strategic level that deliver effects disproportionately to their size

commando means a specific kind of individual soldier or military unit. In contemporary usage, commando usually means elite light infantry and/or special operations forces units, specializing in amphibious landings, parachuting, rappelling and similar techniques, to conduct and effect attacks. Originally “a commando” was a type of combat unit, as opposed to an individual in that unit. In other languages, commando and kommando denote a “command,” in the sense of a military unit.
In the militaries of most countries, commandos are distinctive in that they specialize in assault on conventional military targets.

People know about the SAS, but there's the lesser Known SBS (Special Boat Service) who are just as elite.

If SAS is #1, then SBS should either be joint 1st or joint 2nd.

I even once heard a rumour, I don't know how much truth there is to it though, that if you failed to get into the SBS, you were still eligible to try for SAS!

I would like to say the top 10 list of Special Forces IS IMPOSSIBLE to creare however it would defiently feature SAS. SEALs, Spetnaz, Isreali Commandos and KSK.

The PAK SSG are formidable but we don't get much to their insight life or training, they are trained by SEALs but who knws their power, they are highly rated but have never been given a number.

So far i heard Indians are traiing a new counter-terrorism police force in mumbai and new delhi. They are being trained by both KSK and Spetnaz, now then could they make the list, who knows like i said it's extremenly tough to judge a special force unit.

I think we should leave the battle fights on Deadliest Warrior at least then we get a chance to see hat the outcome would be.

I think we should leave the battle fights on Deadliest Warrior at least then we get a chance to see hat the outcome would be.

although the program is a joke but I agree that its the only possible way to compare different armies and organisations

SSG guys wipping out suicide bombers holding hostage was a real tough job.
Siege of Holy Kabawith no casuality .
Killing the afghan hijackers of a PIA flight with no casuality...
Red mosque... etc r my fav ops by SSG ...... God bless the pavindas......
Allah hoo..... yildrem.

Desiman this is your "personal" opinion, and as far as training and more importantly combat experience is concerned, i can bet that SSG deserves to be in the top 10. But you haven't included them because there wont be any indian special force competing for it.

unfortunately your 'betting' is not a valid point. The SSG may be good, but it simply doesn't have the experience. Or the equipment. Compare an SSG commando to a SAS one. Accept your flaws. Do you see indians jumping up and down saying 'NSG' is the best? Look at some of the SAS ops. Like the Pebble Island raid. Flawless.
Now compare that to a very similar SSG op. The 7th September raid in the 65 war.
You'll see the difference.

dont underestimate the german forces they are a hard bunch also

batman070606_546x600.jpg

These bad boys are dropped behind enemey lines

Back
Top Bottom