What's new

:: The Wire - Islamophobia (Saudi Editor) ::

Hindus never go to 'Islamic republic' countries either Sickulars or ME co-religious go there.... i least care about both of their lives forget about their jobs.
Right, your father is the one who is issuing the Visas to all those 'co-religious', right?!!
Republic is NO 1 CHANNEL WITH MORE THAN 50% VIEWERSHIP,Arnab is No1 Anchor in India
Oh so that Saudi Journalist is talking about your kind - the dying breed.

You gave reference of Quran and that was your biggest mistake.

Bye-Bye for good. Can't say we'll miss you.

@waz @BHarwana @LeGenD @krash

@ali_raza Check video especially at 21.30 onwards w.r.t. Oman. Need your comments.

he is right

omanis have had deep business ties with gujrat.

pre independence too

so when sultan qaboos came to power we saw two major indian
rose to prominence in the country

saud bahwan family (which is my dads business partners) who
r muslims from india but now r pure omanis

second khimji ramdas.

now hkimjis were some say financiers of ruling clan for
decades pre 1971

they now control major major portfolio of businesses

all cigarettes brands are held by khimji

luxury watches all of them official dealerships are held by
them

and most lucrative of all palaces are all supplied by them.

Indians have a very old and deep relationship here

but no one can blame them. They are businessmen while our Pakistanis
are mostly small minded not big business types.

With RSS type people now openly threatening Muslims and GCC,
there has been a very severe reaction amongst the local population of which 30%
are Pakistani origin Baloch.

First they were shocked, now angry. Most
companies who could have completely stopped recruitment from India, and those
who can be replaced are being sent home.

We never imagined we would see this day, but thanks to modi.

Republic is NO 1 CHANNEL WITH MORE THAN 50% VIEWERSHIP,Arnab is No1 Anchor in India ... the sire or those shitty portals hardly get 0.1% viewers and they are Quranic truth for u :rofl:

I bet it is. That's why we question and seriously doubt your sanity.:toast_sign:

We don't have proper demarcation border and no Indian or Nepali need even Visa to visit either side and u talk about they hate us based on 1/2 stupid comments?? :rofl::rofl:

You mean the way Pakistan and Afghanistan have had through out history?

Hindus never go to 'Islamic republic' countries either Sickulars or ME co-religious go there.... i least care about both of their lives forget about their jobs.

Never? The estimates say there are around 855,000 Indian Hindus in the UAE today. Same number of Christian Indians there as well.

According to estimates done in 2010, Qatar had an estimated Indian Hindu immigrant population of 351,210. That was 13.8% of Qatar's total population. Hindu population estimates from 2010 in other Middle Eastern countries,

Kuwait 350,000
Oman 259,780
Bahrain 150,000
Yemen 150,000
Saudi Arabia 40,000

Hinduism in Arab states
Indians in the United Arab Emirates

Republic is NO 1 CHANNEL WITH MORE THAN 50% VIEWERSHIP,Arnab is No1 Anchor in India ...

That says more about how the Indian populous "functions" than it does about the credibility of Republic or Arnab. No one is surprised by it though.

Question here is; Is this rampant self-delusion in India the result or the cause of this two-bit echo chamber you call your media?

India is FREE country.

Right.

You mean the way Pakistan and Afghanistan have had through out history?
How many Afghans are working in Pakistan government jobs? Or, do the Pakistan army conduct direct recruitment from Afghanistan? Is Chief of ANA honorary chief of Pakistan Army, do you have an open border policy with Afghanistan? Is PKR a valued currency in Afghanistan? Can Afghan national live in Pakistan indefinitely and work or study almost like a Pak citizen? If the answer to all of this is no, then your relationship with Afghanistan is not the same as India's relationship with Nepal.

Bottom line.... the mask of deception is slowly and surely coming off of Indian secularism! This is not only a lesson for the Muslim World but for those among us who challenged the two nation theory from its inception.

The Arab commentator referred to India, very early in the interview, as "Fascist India." This says it all and clearly defines the India Today...pun intended.

Or, do the Pakistan army conduct direct recruitment from Afghanistan?

Well your government claims that we do.

Hiring mercenaries from downtrodden regions isn't that big a deal. Especially when both the countries are only following a legacy initiated and left behind by the once colonial masters of the region.

Is Chief of ANA honorary chief of Pakistan Army,

A quasi vassal state confers a meaningless honor on its pseudo-hegemon? I'm sure they are falling head over heals.

do you have an open border policy with Afghanistan?

For decades, I believe since independence.

Is PKR a valued currency in Afghanistan?

Not just value, it is actually used in day to day business and life by regular Afghans.

"Pakistani Rupee, Iranian Rail and the U.S. dollar have vast usage in Afghanistan markets."

http://www.outlookafghanistan.net/topics.php?post_id=25795

Can Afghan national live in Pakistan indefinitely and work or study almost like a Pak citizen?

Millions of them have been for the better part of half a century now.

But let's talk more about the so called "Indo-Nepal Treaty of Peace and Friendship" which gives you those 'rights'.

"This treaty is called unequal by most Nepalese since Nepalese law does not permit an open border, and Indians, by law, should not be able to buy lands and properties in Nepal or carry out businesses in their names. They claim that the 1950 treaty was signed by undemocratic rulers of Nepal and can be scrapped by a one-year notice. The treaty has been unpopular especially among Pahari segments of Nepal, who often regard it as a breach of its sovereignty. Also, agreements were manipulated in the favour of antidemocratic autocratic rule of Nepal, where the power of the people is fragmented."

"Nepal has never been faithful to the treaty. It has always wanted to abrogate it."

"It has been Nepal’s contention that the treaty gave offence to China, that it reduced Nepal’s sovereignty and that it reflected a relationship with India that Nepal was uncomfortable with. These explain why Nepal has not invoked the treaty and why Nepali Prime Minister Sher Bahadur Deuba did not even mention the treaty while he was in India recently."

"Although initially supported enthusiastically by both the Rana rulers and Indian establishment, the treaty became the subject of increased resentment in Nepal, which saw it as an encroachment of its sovereignty and an unwelcome extension of Indian influence.[4] After an abortive attempt in 1952 of the Communist Party of Nepal to overthrow the autocratic Rana rule with Chinese backing, India and the Rana regime stepped up military and intelligence cooperation under treaty provisions, and India sent a military mission to Nepal which was regarded by leftist Nepalese as an undue extension of Indian influence in Nepal.[4] In the late 1950s and the 1960s, after the advent of democracy in Nepal, it and China forged better relations, and relations with India deteriorated. Nepal forced the Indian military mission to leave, and both nations began ignoring the treaty provisions."

There's more on there. Feel free to give it a read.

Little goodwill for Nepal in India
1950 Indo-Nepal Treaty of Peace and Friendship

If the answer to all of this is no, then your relationship with Afghanistan is not the same as India's relationship with Nepal.

So, as you can see, it's always well-advised to use google before posting childishly myopic claims. Saves you from wasting everyone's time.

One can easily find the reality, even from Indian sources.

What Nepal’s New Aggression Reveals For India And Its Neighbours.

Last edited:
Well your government claims that we do.

Hiring mercenaries from downtrodden regions isn't that big a deal. Especially when both the countries are following a legacy left behind by the once colonial conquerors of the region.
False equivalence is all you got. Save it.
We don't hire Mercenaries they're full-blown soldiers, the army is just one example. There is plenty of other government organization who hires Nepalis. Works in the 'non-combat' department.

A quasi vassal state confers a meaningless honor on its pseudo-hegemon. I'm sure they are falling head over heals.
Did you or did you not read the Honorary? There's plenty of things you can read on 'Google' to understand what Honorary really means.

For decades, I believe since independence.
More false equivalence. Having a policy is different from having pole vaulters. Don't ask for example, can't do it without offending some nationals.

"Pakistani Rupee, Iranian Rail and the U.S. dollar have vast usage in Afghanistan markets." Not just value, it is actually used in day to day Afghan business and life.

http://www.outlookafghanistan.net/topics.php?post_id=25795
Opium - Poppy is also widely cultivated and used in Afghanistan, and is exchanged for guns, rockets etcetra, doesn't make it legal tender.
Millions of them have been for the better part of half a century now.

But let's talk more about the so called "Indo-Nepal Treaty of Peace and Friendship" which gives you those 'rights'.

"This treaty is called unequal by most Nepalese since Nepalese law does not permit an open border, and Indians, by law, should not be able to buy lands and properties in Nepal or carry out businesses in their names. They claim that the 1950 treaty was signed by undemocratic rulers of Nepal and can be scrapped by a one-year notice. The treaty has been unpopular especially among Pahari segments of Nepal, who often regard it as a breach of its sovereignty. Also, agreements were manipulated in the favour of antidemocratic autocratic rule of Nepal, where the power of the people is fragmented."

"Nepal has never been faithful to the treaty. It has always wanted to abrogate it."

"It has been Nepal’s contention that the treaty gave offence to China, that it reduced Nepal’s sovereignty and that it reflected a relationship with India that Nepal was uncomfortable with. These explain why Nepal has not invoked the treaty and why Nepali Prime Minister Sher Bahadur Deuba did not even mention the treaty while he was in India recently."

"Although initially supported enthusiastically by both the Rana rulers and Indian establishment, the treaty became the subject of increased resentment in Nepal, which saw it as an encroachment of its sovereignty and an unwelcome extension of Indian influence.[4] After an abortive attempt in 1952 of the Communist Party of Nepal to overthrow the autocratic Rana rule with Chinese backing, India and the Rana regime stepped up military and intelligence cooperation under treaty provisions, and India sent a military mission to Nepal which was regarded by leftist Nepalese as an undue extension of Indian influence in Nepal.[4] In the late 1950s and the 1960s, after the advent of democracy in Nepal, it and China forged better relations, and relations with India deteriorated. Nepal forced the Indian military mission to leave, and both nations began ignoring the treaty provisions."

There's more on there. Feel free to give it a read.

Little goodwill for Nepal in India
1950 Indo-Nepal Treaty of Peace and Friendship
Ditto living "illegally" after crossing to Pakistan without a valid passport or visa is different from having free movement of citizens.

And there are dime a dozen opeds with rhetorics against India. Nepal have a love-hate relationship with India. But it's more of the local politics.

So, as you can see, it's always well-advised to use google before posting childishly myopic claims. Saves you from wasting everyone's time.

One can easily find the reality, even from Indian sources.

What Nepal’s New Aggression Reveals For India And Its Neighbours.
Yeah, you do that. Not reply based on feelz, but based on what documents/legal agreements say, next time maybe, hate to waste my time schooling people on basics.

We don't hire Mercenaries they're full-blown soldiers, the army is just one example. There is plenty of other government organization who hires Nepalis. Works in the 'non-combat' department.

Sure you don't. Citizens of another country come to fight for your military for money, they surely are not mercenaries.

Did you or did you not read the Honorary? There's plenty of things you can read on 'Google' to understand what Honorary really means.

So you agree that it's meaningless.

More false equivalence. Having a policy is different from having pole vaulters. Don't ask for example, can't do it without offending some nationals.

As I said before, would do you some good if you started using google before embarrassing yourself over and over again. Pakistan and Afghanistan had an open border by policy for more than half a century. At the border crossings, Pakistanis and Afghans did not need any visa, just an ID. The main reason why the Pak-Afghan border was left unguarded for 50+ years. The visa was introduced when some less friendlier types started crossing over.

Even if it weren't, on paper, hosting, feeding, clothing millions of another nation's for the better part of half a century would attest to exponentially friendly relations between the two. As the point has always been, it's all on paper.

Opium - Poppy is also widely cultivated and used in Afghanistan, and is exchanged for guns, rockets etcetra, doesn't make it legal tender.

Goes even further to show the "value", as you put it, of Pakistani currency in Afghanistan. So much so that it made you try to scurry away from the fact in such a childishly hilarious manner.

Ditto living "illegally" after crossing to Pakistan without a valid passport or visa is different from having free movement of citizens.

Already addressed. Apart from the fact that the majority of these Afghans crossed over through the border crossings. Around 2 million of them are registered, i.e. legal.

And there are dime a dozen opeds with rhetorics against India.

So, you didn't read them. I'm beginning to think that it's less about your prowess with google and more about your aversion to actual facts, or maybe even knowledge in general. Those Opeds clearly mention the government and the people of Nepal's policy towards that agreement which you tried to tout as the foremost proof Indo-Nepalese bonhomie. Mentions the official Indian Government's acknowledgement of the issue and their agreement to renegotiate it as well.

Nepal have a love-hate relationship with India. But it's more of the local politics.

Good. From defending "the open border policy between Nepal and India proves that they do not hate us", you have come down to its a "love-hate relationship". That was the whole argument and discussion right there. Thanks.

Apart from the fact that local politics is the only real marker to gauge the on ground sentiment since it, by nature, plays directly to it.

Yeah, you do that. Not reply based on feelz, but based on what documents/legal agreements

The uneducated and devoid of all reality statements that you've been throwing around or the "legal agreement" that Nepal has refused to call upon through out its history? No thanks, bud.

say, next time maybe, hate to waste my time schooling people on basics.

As you should have noticed by now, pretence never works, embarrasses always. Unless you're in the 3rd grade with a posse of 7 year olds chuckling along. Would recommend one of those Indian forums if you're into that sort of thing.

PS: Let's move this to a more appropriate thread? We are both going quite off-topic.

Last edited:
Sure you don't. Citizens of another company come to fight for your military for money, they surely are not mercenaries.
This is a defense forum, I wish you use the same Google to understand a few things about Gurkhas. A Gurkha hired in the Indian army, not just IA but in the British Army or the US is not a mercenary but a soldier with ranks and benefits.

So you agree that it's meaningless.
It is meaningless when you don't get respect. The politics aside, do check how both armies are when it comes to mutual respect and agreement. Neither of us fires mortars/artillery which seems to be your situation with Afghanistan.
As I said before, would do you some good if you started using google before embarrassing yourself over and over again. Pakistan and Afghanistan had an open border by policy for more than half a century. At the border crossings, Pakistanis and Afghans did not need any visa, just an ID. The main reason why the Pak-Afghan border was left unguarded for 50+ years. The visa was introduced when some less friendlier types started crossing over.
Precisely my point, you 'had'. We had Sikkim as a country, we had Portugal as a neighbor down in Goa among other things, Nepal had a King until 2008. Are they relevant now in this discussion? If you check what's the point of contention again, Nepal - India relation vis Pak - Afg relation. Talk about embarrassing oneself.

Goes even further to show the "value", as you put it, of Pakistani currency in Afghanistan. So much so that it made you try to scurry away from the fact in such a childishly hilarious manner.
It's not rocket science, it's as simple as what is being approved by the government of the two countries. There's illegal currency trade happening in a lot of countries, I don't think they'd compare it to a legal exchange of currencies. The only hilarious thing here is you clutching at straws and in the end proving the lawlessness nature in Afghanistan - Pakistan borders.

Already addressed. Apart from the fact that the majority of these Afghans crossed over through the border crossings. Around 2 million of them are registered, i.e. legal.
Irrelevant. The fact of the matter is, you don't have an open border policy with Afghanistan.

So, you didn't read them. I'm beginning to think that it's less about your prowess with google and more about your aversion to actual facts, or maybe even knowledge in general. Those Opeds clearly mention the government and the people of Nepal's policy towards that agreement which you tried to tout as the foremost proof Indo-Nepalese bonhomie. Mentions the official Indian Government's acknowledgement of the issue and their agreement to renegotiate it as well.
I don't have to read an essay to convince myself of a few simple facts which your oped do not seem to cover. I'm not saying it's all hunky and dory with Nepal in terms of a relationship. But, comparing your relationship with Afghanistan to that of India and Nepal is quite wrong on so many accounts, I'll explain it once and for all moving forward.
Good. So from defending "Nepal and the Nepalese love India", you have come down to its a "love-hate relationship". That was the whole argument and discussion right there.

Apart from the fact that local politics is the only real marker to gauge the on ground sentiment since it, by nature, plays directly to it.
I never claimed such a thing in the first place. I contested the simple fact that your issues with Afghanistan who accuse you of terrorism (vise versa) and what not is on a whole another level (lower) compared to what we have with Nepal.
The uneducated and devoid of all reality statements that you've been throwing around or the "legal agreement" that Nepal has refused to call upon through out its history? No thanks, bud.
Ugh! You're seriously quoting an opinion as fact. Let me break it down so that you can comprehend it.

Can Indians travel to Nepal with a simple ID card? Yes. Can Nepalis travel to India with an ID card? Yes.
Do Nepalis accuse us of Terrorism? No. Do Indian and Nepali security agencies work in tandem? Yes. Does the Indian and Nepali army do joint patrols? Yes. India's intel and security cooperation with Nepal runs deep, political rhetorics aside, the cooperation between both countries both in business as well as security is incomparable with what Pakistan has with even China, that's also for Pakistanis who see an opportunity there, remember what happened to your diplomat and Col Habib of ISI who allegedly went missing in Nepal.

Can Afghans travel to Pakistan with a simple ID card? No (requires passport and visa) Can Afghans work for Pak government, or apply for a job in any government sector? No (Only for citizens of Pakistan can do that).
ANA engage in border conflicts with Pakistan fires Shells into Pakistan. Even in PDF there are countless threads/comments on why Afghanistan 'hates' Pakistan and vise versa.

Now tell me, how are these relationships even comparable?

That's it for me, I spend enough time on this topic, if you still think it's the SAME be my guest, I get where that's coming from.

This is a defense forum, I wish you use the same Google to understand a few things about Gurkhas. A Gurkha hired in the Indian army, not just IA but in the British Army or the US is not a mercenary but a soldier with ranks and benefits.

You clearly are unaware of what a mercenary is.

mer·ce·nar·y
/ˈmərsəˌnerē/

noun
  1. a professional soldier hired to serve in a foreign army

Are the Gurkhas soldiers serving in a foreign army?

It is meaningless when you don't get respect. The politics aside, do check how both armies are when it comes to mutual respect and agreement. Neither of us fires mortars/artillery which seems to be your situation with Afghanistan.

China does not fire mortar/artillery across at you either. Guess they don't hate you too.

Precisely my point, you 'had'. We had Sikkim as a country, we had Portugal as a neighbor down in Goa among other things, Nepal had a King until 2008. Are they relevant now in this discussion? If you check what's the point of contention again, Nepal - India relation vis Pak - Afg relation.

What? No. That was never the point of contention. You jumped into this discussion without knowing what was being talked about? Bravo.

The point of contention was "Nepal and India have an open border, hence Nepalese love India". Rebuttal; "Pakistan and Afghanistan had an open border for decades, they never loved each other". Apart from the fact that the common Nepalese and their government are against that open border agreement.

Talk about embarrassing oneself.

Yeah, good one.

It's not rocket science, it's as simple as what is being approved by the government of the two countries. There's illegal currency trade happening in a lot of countries, I don't think they'd compare it to a legal exchange of currencies. The only hilarious thing here is you clutching at straws and in the end proving the lawlessness nature in Afghanistan - Pakistan borders.

Another childish attempt at scampering away. The question was "Is PKR a valued currency in Afghanistan"? Obviously, since it sees vast usage there. Unlike INR in Nepal, despite its "legal tender", which apparently only serves to make you fool yourself into feeling better.

Irrelevant. The fact of the matter is, you don't have an open border policy with Afghanistan.

Since we now know that you have no clue what you are arguing against, doubt you'd know what is or is not irrelevant.

Whether it is open now or not has no baring on the argument which, again, is "An open border is no proof that either of the country's people love the other's".

I don't have to read an essay to convince myself of a few simple facts which your oped do not seem to cover. I'm not saying it's all hunky and dory with Nepal in terms of a relationship. But, comparing your relationship with Afghanistan to that of India and Nepal is quite wrong on so many accounts, I'll explain it once and for all moving forward.

Straw man. Have at it.

No one was comparing Pak-Afghan relations with Indo-Nepalese relations, only the open borders as some proof of love.

I never claimed such a thing in the first place.

We have now clearly established that you had no idea what the discussion was or what argument you were responding to.

I contested the simple fact that your issues with Afghanistan who accuse you of terrorism (vise versa) and what not is on a whole another level (lower) compared to what we have with Nepal.

No, you did not. A member claimed that "An open border between Nepal and India proves that the Nepalese love India". To which an argument was put forth; "The open border for decades between Pakistan and Afghanistan never proved anything of the sort". To which you replied with "Nepal and India have x, y and z. Do Pakistan and Afghanistan have it?"

Apart from the fact that your argument not only had nothing to do with the discussion, it was also based entirely on ignorance and factually incorrect information. Information that not only did you present with a certain hilarious pomp but are now trying to defend childishly in hopes of saving some face.

Ugh! You're seriously quoting an opinion as fact. Let me break it down so that you can comprehend it.

Futile attempt, again.

That Nepal has not invoked the agreement is a fact in and of itself. That the Nepalese government has appealed the agreement, stating the grievances of the Nepalese people against the agreement, is a fact in and of itself. That the Indian government has acknowledged the Nepali appeal and in result agreed to renegotiate the agreement is also a fact in and of itself. It does not matter if facts get stated in an Oped or, worse, in an Indian news paper. They remain facts.

Can Indians travel to Nepal with a simple ID card? Yes. Can Nepalis travel to India with an ID card? Yes.
Do Nepalis accuse us of Terrorism? No. Do Indian and Nepali security agencies work in tandem? Yes. Does the Indian and Nepali army do joint patrols? Yes. India's intel and security cooperation with Nepal runs deep, political rhetorics aside, the cooperation between both countries both in business as well as security is incomparable with what Pakistan has with even China, that's also for Pakistanis who see an opportunity there, remember what happened to your diplomat and Col Habib of ISI who allegedly went missing in Nepal.

Can Afghans travel to Pakistan with a simple ID card? No (requires passport and visa) Can Afghans work for Pak government, or apply for a job in any government sector? No (Only for citizens of Pakistan can do that).
ANA engage in border conflicts with Pakistan fires Shells into Pakistan. Even in PDF there are countless threads/comments on why Afghanistan 'hates' Pakistan and vise versa.

Now tell me, how are these relationships even comparable?

Straw man, yet again. All of what you have stated above is worthless since no one was comparing the two relationships.

Just because a poster creates a phantom target, twists their delicates in a bunch, and jumps into the fray without knowing what is being talked about, does not mean that I am in anyway obliged to entertain his/her small dog syndrome. Nor should I be expected to.

That's it for me, I spend enough time on this topic, if you still think it's the SAME be my guest, I get where that's coming from.

As is now apparent, you have no clue what is coming, let alone where it's coming from.

Back
Top Bottom