What's new

The USAF's Much Maligned A-10 Warthogs Are Deploying To Fight ISIS

India should build a mud fighter which will be superior to the A-10 with superior materials,ammunition,gun,COTS components and low cost.Something like the blitzfighter or the Rutan ARES.
It would not be as challenging as a 4 th gen fighter but its utility in anti armour,search an rescue,forward air control,counter insurgency is immense.

That's just unf*ckenbelievable!!

Well I hope this proves how stupid an idea it was to even consider retiring these awesome beasts.

Stupid @ss sh*ts running the show.

Flying Gatling Gun to the rescue !

i love this beast :smitten: ..... damn we are going to see some roasted jihadi real soon :lol:

Roasted ? No. Mangled into pieces? Yes.

India should build a mud fighter which will be superior to the A-10 with superior materials,ammunition,gun,COTS components and low cost.Something like the blitzfighter or the Rutan ARES.
It would not be as challenging as a 4 th gen fighter but its utility in anti armour,search an rescue,forward air control,counter insurgency is immense.
The seven-barrel 30 mm GAU-8/A is the most powerful aircraft gun currently in service anywhere...

Most people -- including Americans themselves -- do not know this but the US Army do have fixed wings pilots. Not as glamorous as the USAF or the USN or even the USMC.

I say give the A-10 to the US Army. There are things helos can do very well, but there are things in CAS that only the best -- the A-10 -- should do. The insistence by the USAF to have exclusive ownership to CAS missions is absurd. The Marines fought hard to have their own air support, based upon their own bloody history, should serve as example. If the US Army chose not to support the A-10, it will be upon their generals' shoulders.

Well, here you are in imaginary world believing India can build everything while in reality it still stands still in producing prop trainer.

Most people -- including Americans themselves -- do not know this but the US Army do have fixed wings pilots. Not as glamorous as the USAF or the USN or even the USMC.

I say give the A-10 to the US Army. There are things helos can do very well, but there are things in CAS that only the best -- the A-10 -- should do. The insistence by the USAF to have exclusive ownership to CAS missions is absurd. The Marines fought hard to have their own air support, based upon their own bloody history, should serve as example. If the US Army chose not to support the A-10, it will be upon their generals' shoulders.

@gambit, A10 is nice in European hilly scenario. Stopping big tank columns while hiding behind hills and protected by large airdefence. In normal warfare it doesn't stand a chance. Slow, huge rcs and idiots are spreading uranium around the globe. Well, that is the mentality, as long as others get cancer why bother.

@gambit, A10 is nice in European hilly scenario. Stopping big tank columns while hiding behind hills and protected by large airdefence. In normal warfare it doesn't stand a chance. Slow, huge rcs and idiots are spreading uranium around the globe. Well, that is the mentality, as long as others get cancer why bother.
At the distance involved in CAS, the A-10's RCS is irrelevant. Helos are much worse in terms of RCS anyway, and they are incorporated into the Army's battle doctrines. The A-10 would make a great addition to the Army's air assets. Let the Army completely own CAS. I am an Air Force guy and I have no problems saying that.

"IF" they actually use these birds against ISIS I will be forced to eat my words. I doubt they will be used.

Back
Top Bottom