What's new

The US military assesses it could cripple the Iranian Navy in minutes and destroy it in 2 days

An Iraqi ballistic missile struck military barracks inside a military base and killed multiple American soldiers, and this wasn't anything of value? o_O

Saddam had cruise missiles and TBMs at his disposal for the needful in 2003. American defenses were much better at this point in time though.
happened only once , a chance impact.
and which cruise missile he exactly had ? (Exocet ?)

@jaibi

I think this fellow has started to lose touch regarding how a proper discussion is meant to occur. It seems he cannot resist resorting to insults. Quite childish.
You are trolling here, this is the reason.

You absolutely ignore whatever argument/POV/information is offered to you in a debate - you simply defeat the purpose of having any meaningful conversation to you.

I did not start any conversation with you in this thread. Do not bother to quote me again or I will put you on ignore list.

You are trolling here, this is the reason.

Show me a single one of my comments that is classed as a "trolling".
Being unable to counter my arguments is not what we consider as a troll. Try again.

You absolutely ignore whatever argument/POV/information is offered to you in a debate - you simply defeat the purpose of having any meaningful conversation to you.

I have given you ample opportunity to engage in a proper discussion. However, you have done nothing except resort to ad hominem and childish insults such as "Iranian muppet.

My advise to you is, if you are incapable of engaging in these discussion, then simply refrain from getting involved. This is defence forum where mature people should use evidence and facts, ideally from validated profession, sites etc to back their claims. You have done nothing of the sort here.

This isn't about whose ballistic missiles are more accurate from the two. Go back to the post of an Iranian member that I originally addressed and try to grasp its context.

Here: https://defence.pk/pdf/threads/the-...tes-and-destroy-it-in-2-days.651899/page-6#po

Oh please. The gulf of difference between accurate ballistic missiles and a "statistical terror weapon" is simply too vast. Your comment basically involved a luckily shot from a Iraqi missile. Not a very good comparison!

Show me a single one of my comments that is classed as a "trolling".
Being unable to counter my arguments is not what we consider as a troll. Try again.

I have given you ample opportunity to engage in a proper discussion. However, you have done nothing except resort to ad hominem and childish insults such as "Iranian muppet.

My advise to you is, if you are incapable of engaging in these discussion, then simply refrain from getting involved. This is defence forum where mature people should use evidence and facts, ideally from validated profession, sites etc to back their claims. You have done nothing of the sort here.
Oh STFU.

I gave you a clear opportunity for a debate in this post: https://defence.pk/pdf/threads/the-...destroy-it-in-2-days.651899/page-8#post-12065

You completely overlooked much of the content and resorted to cherry picking tactics. You are not interested in having an honest conversation here. You are here to TROLL.

At first day of war thousands yankee females & males soldiers will directly sent to hell. :tup:

Barefoot taliban kick yankee azzes in Afghanistan on daily bases :rofl::rofl::rofl: Same as Sudis who get kicked by much weaker Yemenis
Most of them are brainwashed victims by their kike masters. I hope Iranians focus their missiles on the kike state because they always wanted the white Christians to go fight their wars against Muslims.

Oh STFU.

I gave you a clear opportunity for a debate in this post: https://defence.pk/pdf/threads/the-...destroy-it-in-2-days.651899/page-8#post-12065

You completely overlooked much of the content and resorted to cherry picking tactics. You are not interested in having an honest conversation here. You are here to TROLL.

You were trying to change to topic. My original comment was regarding your claim that Iranian's method of war is old, hence why I asked you to watch that video. However, you decided to completely ignore that part and instead start posting about Israeli air defence. Your engagement methods thus far has been either:
1- strawman
2- Ad hominem

When I did highlight the more relevant part of his speech, you reply by a simple "he is just being respectful". Clearly you're not interested in a proper discussion, so quite trying to play the victim.

If you were interested in proper discussion, you would not have resorted to insults.

It is you who don,t understand anything neither in theory nor in practice.

For example your claim of how US will target mobile TELs is just one example of your ignorance....even after establishing air superiority in Desert Storm US failed to find and destroy Iraqi TELs in the open desert of a country 4 times smaller than Iran.

5m accuracy for ballistic missile is a GAME CHANGER.
he was saying iran is doomed because US sent 15k troops to ME, while an israeli military expert said for occuping iran US would need 3 million soldiers...
and the funny part about the TELs is that they are in shelters in peace times. some think like random IRGC soldier gets in the back of it and hits the road in the night just for fun.

happened only once , a chance impact.
and which cruise missile he exactly had ? (Exocet ?)
Iraq used al-Husayn variant in the Persian Gulf War (1991) to strike at intended targets in Saudi Arabia, Israel and Bahrain respectively. This variant was much better than the original Scud-B.

I do not rule out the possibility of 'chance impact' on the military barracks of a military base in Saudi Arabia in 1991, OR Iraq employed an effective attacking strategy for the needful. Experience makes difference.

Iraqi ballistic missile inventory at a glance.

image018.jpg

The latter two were definitely optimized for striking military bases with a CEP of 50 m. Iraq used these variants to attack American military forces in Kuwait in 2003.

Iraq also used cruise missiles to attack American military forces in Kuwait in 2003. These were identified as CSSC-3 Seersucker. Documented incident: https://www.nytimes.com/2003/06/19/international/middleeast/a-poor-mans-air-force.html

Last edited:
An Iraqi ballistic missile struck military barracks inside a military base and killed multiple American soldiers, and this wasn't anything of value? o_O

Saddam had cruise missiles and TBMs at his disposal for the needful in 2003. American defenses were much better at this point in time though.

I will address that video when I have time. There is no rush.

Meanwhile, enjoy the link I provided. You clearly fit the bill.

Check this post again: https://defence.pk/pdf/threads/the-...tes-and-destroy-it-in-2-days.651899/page-7#po

Editing does not imply mistake in quoting.

Get your head re-examined instead because you are not thinking clearly.

No it does not hold military value because it wasn't something he could keep on repeating and that's why after years of war all you have is one article that says a missile hit the barracks and one that says' a missile hit a base! LOL! So clearly they do NOT hold military significance if after 2 wars that ended with Saddam's toppling that's all
his entire stock could achieve!

You wanna call a stock of a handful of Exocets and a handful of 80km silkworms a stock of cruise missiles you go right ahead! LOL!

Saddam fire 2 silkworms at coalition forces and they both missed! :) LOL!

And what exactly where the names of these magical Tactical Ballistic Missiles???? or are we now calling scuds & FROG-7 TBM's? LOL!

Iraq used al-Husayn variant in the Persian Gulf War (1991) to strike at intended targets in Saudi Arabia, Israel and Bahrain respectively. This variant was much better than the original Scud-B.

I do not rule out the possibility of 'chance impact' on the military barracks of a military base in Saudi Arabia in 1991, OR Iraq employed an effective attacking strategy for the needful. Experience makes difference.

Iraqi ballistic missile inventory at a glance.

image018.jpg

The latter two were definitely optimized for striking military bases with a CEP of 50 m. Iraq used these variants to attack American military forces in Kuwait in 2003.

Iraq also used cruise missiles to attack American military forces in Kuwait in 2003. These were identified as CSSC-3 Seersucker. Documented incident: https://www.nytimes.com/2003/06/19/international/middleeast/a-poor-mans-air-force.html

Right so now your under the delusion that Saddam could hit CEP's of 50meters with his imported Scud's and FROG-7's that he renamed!!! LOL!

Why you lie?

There are more US troops than at the time Trump said "bring US troops back home".

What exactly was my lie?

Also the "chemical attack" in Syria was fake and if you would inform you, you can read that Report at OPWC. So AGAIN US act criminal with the CMs, based on a lie - as always. Also the US is illegal in Syria for years and kill Syriens. - thousands! There is no UN Articel 51 and Syria did not invite US.

Link the report please.

Also, regardless of what you believe, fake or not, he was told that there was a chemical weapons attack, and he acted on it. If he was a warmonger, he would have invaded syria and occupied syria, he did not.

Also, the US (along with most of the world) does not recognize Assad as the leader of Syria. The US in particular considers the SDF as the only legitimate force in Syria. The SDF invited them, so they went. Legally, it works.

Whether you like it or not, being a superpower let's them bent the rules to suit their interests. If they couldn't, they wouldn't be a super power.

It's the same reasoning that Russia used in Georgia, Ukraine's Crimea and Chechnya.

Also US kill humans all over the world by drones. This is called murder. US is massmurderer.

We're not talking about the US, we're talking about Trump.

But this comment just proves your entire argument is based upon anti-americanism, not facts.

US are the corona virus of human kind.
Again, you're proving my point.

And every US citizen who support that is a murderer too. So every US soldier who die while do the cited criminal things outside the US is a fun and a happyness for the world!
Once again, we're talking about Trump, not the us, but sure, keep proving my point. Lmao.

This entire comment was just plain clownish.

No it does not hold military value because it wasn't something he could keep on repeating and that's why after years of war all you have is one article that says a missile hit the barracks and one that says' a missile hit a base! LOL! So clearly they do NOT hold military significance if after 2 wars that ended with Saddam's toppling that's all
his entire stock could achieve!
Refer back to this post: https://defence.pk/pdf/threads/the-...troy-it-in-2-days.651899/page-6#post-12065030

"Iraqi armed forces were able to subject Israel, Saudi Arabia and Bahrain to a total of 88 (ballistic missile) strikes in 1991. Didn't make much difference because coalition forces were on the move throughout and YOU cannot defeat Air Force and Navy with ballistic missiles anyways. These weapons posit a threat to stationary targets." - (1)

Flew over your head? All of it?

Let us concentrate on this part: "These weapons posit a threat to stationary targets."

If you are attacking a military base with ballistic missiles (assuming conventional warheads), it makes sense to subject the military base to a volley of ballistic missiles in order to have a higher chance of scoring meaningful hits. Ballistic missiles are rather notorious for suffering a malfunction and/or veering off-course during the course of respective flight(s) - therefore, a volley will do.

Saudi Dhahran International Airport was housing American military barracks back in 1991. Iraqi armed forces subjected this particular airport to ballistic missile strikes on a frequent basis consequently. Some of the more threatening warheads were intercepted by a Patriot battery stationed near this airport. The one which got through on February 25, struck the American military barracks and inflicted multiple casualties.

"Of two Patriot batteries in range, one was non-operational and other did not detect Scud because of software problem. Warhead hit United States barracks killing 28 and injuring over 100." - FAS.org

If I take your lame argument at face value, Iranian ballistic missiles do not hold much military value either because even a volley of them failed to achieve much in the Iraqi Al-Asad military base. And bear in mind that there wasn't a Patriot battery stationed near this military base to counter incoming ballistic missiles. Your much touted innovations to ballistic missile designs haven't changed much on the ground unfortunately; refer back to (1) above. Now try to connect this dot with (2) below.

You wanna call a stock of a handful of Exocets and a handful of 80km silkworms a stock of cruise missiles you go right ahead! LOL!

Saddam fire 2 silkworms at coalition forces and they both missed! :) LOL!
Publicly acknowledged range of a weapon is an irrelevant point to make. Do you think that a missile with 80 KM flight range does not kill when scoring a hit? :rolleyes:

Iranian moppets have a one-dimensional view of military conflict. You guys tend to imagine that Iran will have all the time in the world to subject American military positions across the Middle East to ballistic missile strikes with impunity while Americans will just sit there and do nothing - World War 1 style. This isn't how a modern military operation is executed, particularly the Offense-Defense doctrine type.

Iraqi armed forces were able to subject American military positions in Kuwait to a total of 23 (TBMs + cruise missiles) during the course of war with NATO in 2003 while under assault from coalition forces from DAY 1, which is an achievement in itself when you come to terms with the bigger picture:

"To try to slow the allied advance toward Baghdad, Iraq has positioned artillery among the pipelines and oil infrastructure of southern Iraq. The artillery has the range to reach the northern tip of Kuwait. Iraq has also placed more representatives from its security services in regular army units to discourage defections and encourage the soldiers to fight.

Despite those steps, American military planners say they are confident that allied forces will win decisively and many expect the conflict to be relatively quick, measured in weeks and days and not in months. American forces are planning to use an enormous quantity of bombs -- 3,000 precision-guided bombs and missiles in the first 48 hours alone -- to try to disable Iraq's air defenses and command and control and stun Mr. Hussein's government.

The air defense of Baghdad consists of several Soviet-designed systems: the SA-2, SA-3, SA-6 and SA-8. Iraq has been trying to upgrade the missiles and radar for those systems and put them in strategic positions.

''They have a great deal of triple A and heavy machine guns,'' said General Leaf, referring to antiaircraft artillery. ''And if you put enough lead in the air somebody is going to get hit if they are at the altitudes that those bullets can reach. That's a robust air defense system.''

The United States has sought to knock out many command posts in the no-flight zones, particularly in the south. But coalition commanders expect Iraq to use observers on the ground who could help mount a defense in the Baghdad area.

''They will generally know there is an attack coming and because they have their defense compressed around Baghdad they will be able to respond and put a lot of missiles and a lot of bullets in the air and that will make Baghdad a very tough problem,'' General Leaf said.

''The volume of it is significant,'' General Leaf said, referring to antiaircraft artillery. '' I think there will be even more in Baghdad and there was a lot in Desert Storm.''

Link: https://www.nytimes.com/2003/03/17/...r-defense-is-concentrated-around-baghdad.html

Emphasis mine. What do you think will happen if Iran is subjected to overwhelming firepower on that scale or bigger? When Iranian military positions and bases, Command & Communications (C&C) infrastructure and more, will be under a thorough assault from multiple directions? This is the SCENARIO that I am alluding to in this thread, that in no way or form Iranian armed forces would be able to subject American military positions across the Middle East to hundreds of (ballistic missile) strikes while finding themselves on the receiving end of thousands of precision-guided munitions each day. Iran will loose much of its firepower in a matter of few days as alluded to by me in my posts in this thread as well as the article cited in the first post of this thread. This is assuming a full-scale war between USA and Iran. - (2)

You clowns have no idea. No wonder Iran was fighting a war with Iraq World War I style back in the 1980s. You have NO game due to your one-dimensional perception of warfare.

And what exactly where the names of these magical Tactical Ballistic Missiles???? or are we now calling scuds & FROG-7 TBM's? LOL!
How about you bother to do some homework instead of spreading disinformation?

Iraq had managed to develop two types of TBMs namely Al-Samoud-II and Al-Fat'h after 1998.

The original Al-Samoud-II TBM was equipped with gyroscopes taken from the guidance system of C601 and C611 cruise missiles. However, Iraq introduced a more advanced derivative of Al-Samoud-II as well which is identified as Ababil-100 in relevant reports.

References:-

https://space.skyrocket.de/doc_lau/al_samoud.htm

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Al-Samoud_2

https://www.globalsecurity.org/wmd/world/iraq/al-samoud_2.htm

Complete list of Iraqi missile inventory: https://fas.org/nuke/guide/iraq/missile/index.html

"In 2000-2001, Iraq began a "re-motor" project to extend the shelf life of its FROG-7 (LUNA) and Ababil-50 battlefield artillery rockets by replacing their aging double-base solid rocket motors with more energetic composite solid-propellant motors. Renamed Al Ra'ad and Al Nida', respectively, these efforts helped advance the composite solid infrastructure in Iraq. It is unclear if these projects were completed by the time of Operation Iraqi Freedom. Composite propellants offered higher energy than double-base propellants, so the re-motor effort renewed the shelf life and improved performance of the rockets." - FAS

However:

"In terms of material procurement, ISG estimated that Iraq's ability to field the Al Fat'h was dependant on its ability to build motors. Although fewer warheads were built (see chart below), this can be explained by the use of inert warheads during many flight tests, thus requiring fewer live warheads for the program. ISG estimated that Iraq had between 50 and 60 Al Fat'h missiles available at the onset of OIF. During the war, Iraq fired between 12 and 16 Al Fat'h missiles. In addition, informal assessments of Al Fat'hs destroyed or damaged during the war vary from four to 13. To date, Coalition forces have collected at least 10 Al Fat'hs. Given the above numbers, the number of Al Fat'h missiles unaccounted for could vary from 0 to 34 (see table below). However, ammunition and weapon systems are being collected and destroyed all over Iraq, and a number of Al Fat'hs have been misidentified as FROG-7 or ASTROS battlefield rockets. A full accounting of Al Fat'h missiles may not be possible."

Link: https://www.globalsecurity.org/wmd/world/iraq/ababil.htm

Right so now your under the delusion that Saddam could hit CEP's of 50meters with his imported Scud's and FROG-7's that he renamed!!! LOL!
See above.

There was an absolute lack of transparency in Iraqi sources for its missile-related experiments back in the days of Saddam Hussein in later years (1998 - 2003) due to the fact that Iraqi missile-related programs were subject to UN inspections [and disarmament initiatives] from time-to-time since 1991. Therefore, Iraq had to resort to clandestine methods to solicit relevant components in order to improve flight range and accuracy of its TBMs over time, and Al-Fat'h program escaped UN disarmament hammer in particular because Bush administration decided to invade Iraq in 2003 anyways. This is why CEP of Iraqi TBM variant (Al-Fat'h) is largely unclear in public records.

This guy is inventing his own "facts" as he goes along. Now apparently Saddam had missiles with CEP of 50 meters.
See above, Iranian propaganda bot.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom