What's new

The two US 12-year-olds stabbed friend 19 times' to prove 'Slender Man' myth was real

Yeah, that is very true. I remember growing up going to American schools the teachers would always compliment me and this other Pakistani kid for our good manners and discipline. My history teacher once joked about how he would trade a class full of American students for a class full of Pakistani students any day.

Its really nothing to do with being Pakistani or south Asian, because TBH, a lot of second and third generation Pakistanis/South Asian youth behave no differently from the average American teen. Its a lot to do with raising children with love and discipline, which sadly most American's don't provide for their children due to lack of time or other constraints. And then there's the fear of being reported to the ACS (American Children Services).
how about this one ?
Middle school teacher gives student 'full-contact' lap dance in class for his birthday

@IndoUS and others

I'm surprised with the whole American China threat theories, the slender man hasn't been identified as Yao Ming, and this a commi plot. Also, there should have been reports that we laid claim to the girls mind and they plan to take us to court in the UN.

Seriously though, today's parenting is terrible, you have to reason with your kids. They are kids, if they had reason they be adults, or at least normal adults.

Violence doesn't breed violence, stupidity does. IF these girls have been taught, sorry is about as useful as an American in middle east, they wouldn't have committed this.

Showing them what a book would also have helped.

This is what happens when state intervenes in the way children are supposed to be brought up. With their whole namby pamby no hitting by parents, results in unruly wild and confused kids.

Three lives ruined.

I have couple of friends here, and they were telling me that, they can't even punish their kids when they do wrong because they are scared that the kids might report them to their teachers (it has happened to them once, cops showed up with child services). I mean what kind of parenting are we having these days, where parents have to be afraid of their kids. My parents whooped me real good if I ever stepped out of line. But today you can't even correct your kid when they go out of line. I understand that people don't want to use violent methods to teach kids, but for Christ sake allow the parents to have control over their kids and not the other way around.

This is true, the new generation is taught that they have a right to lead all aspects of their life on their own at a young age. Not my generation, and I'm pretty young to say the least.

Although people from 15 and below have this attitude where parents are dictators dictating their lives rather than just being parents.

If a parent in any way behaves as a parent, children are taught that this is abuse.

Actually the whole culture is wrong. ACS was put in place in response to poor parenting in the first place. Child abuse by drunk and wasted parents and step moms and step dads and live-in boyfriends and girlfriends was bad enough in the first place, that child protective services and ACS had to be brought in. Glorifying drinking and drugging behavior, single parenthood, irresponsible sexual behaviors, lack of accountability, secularization of community and relationships is a fail-safe method of screwing up society.

if yr BBCs or CNNs had give as much attention as they give to us maybe yr gov could have done something to make yr society's unique issues addressed.
Probably because your society needs more 'addressing' than ours do.

Unbelievable and shocking!!

I blame their henious movies and stupid games all which depict violence and causes desensitized children!

Well, the blames goes to the parents to some extent. As most of them are working, leaving their kids to day care or kindergarten, or school, not observing in which environment their child is being exposed to, or the kind of friends they have. Another reason might be, a majority of the mother is barely out of their teens, not matured enough to raise their kids.

Just an observation.

i saw all kinds of f**ked up things when i was young , though i don;t remember stabbing anyone 19 times

What have we done to our children ?

Media, and only Media is to be blamed.

Back
Top Bottom