What's new

The two US 12-year-olds stabbed friend 19 times' to prove 'Slender Man' myth was real

See mate my question is, why is it that kids of today are having a hard time differentiating between reality and fiction. I remember back in the 80's and 90's they would have Tom and Jerry shows where they would shoot each other there was smoking and drinking. But today all that is banned because it apparently has negative effect, yet there so many cases of these terrible accidents/crimes done by kids that pop up every now then, and which were almost unheard of when I was growing up.

Kids were always stupid, nothing's changed with their mental faculties. What has changed is possibly the obsessive fan culture these days and how social media has helped fuel it to unparalleled heights than before. Crap from other members aside, nobody knows how these kids were raised and it's silly to make assumptions on their parenting, exposure to video games, western attitudes etc.

When I was 12, I tried a wrestling move on a kid. He didn't respond for a solid two minutes. Still sends shivers down my spine when I think about it. Imagine being tried as an adult at that age. What a waste.

because that time parents also taught them what is right and wrong, now on the name of freedom they can do whatever they want and parents just watch

That and the fact we were scared of our parents. todays kids are not scared nor do they listen.

Back
Top Bottom