What's new

Featured The Trump administration is pushing to sell F-35 fighter jets and drones to UAE

The SC

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Canada
BUOPZ77M

Breaking News: The Trump administration is pushing to sell F-35 fighter jets and drones to the United Arab Emirates, officials said. Israel and Congress may object.

* Not only the F-35 but also drones, according to the latest Trump administration statement.

In the news from the New York Times ... it was reported that the Emirati interest is on the MQ-9 REAPER

raf-reaper-and-weapons.jpg

Last edited:
BUOPZ77M

Breaking News: The Trump administration is pushing to sell F-35 fighter jets and drones to the United Arab Emirates, officials said. Israel and Congress may object.

* Not only the F-35 but also drones, according to the latest Trump administration statement.

In the news from the New York Times ... it was reported that the Emirati interest is on the MQ-9 REAPER

raf-reaper-and-weapons.jpg
It would need the majority of the congressional vote, yet they have a good chance of getting the F-35 - the Gulf states can do anything since they aren’t new to lobbying.

Win win for US and Trump - Israel gets to form relations with UAE, UAE spends money in USA on lobbying and purchasing weapons, and Trump gets to claim all the credit.

Question is when Isreal has now become UAEs ally/bed buddy then why would Israel object..
The time will tell whether the decision made by UAE would be beneficial or otherwise

Sadly the emiratis get humiliated and now they will be made to buy weapons because iran is the bad person. Israel is the saviour.

Got to give it to Israelis....they know how to.play the game and the arabs...well it's just yallah having where is the laham

Sadly the emiratis get humiliated and now they will be made to buy weapons because iran is the bad person. Israel is the saviour.

Got to give it to Israelis....they know how to.play the game and the arabs...well it's just yallah having where is the laham
iran is the bad guy isnt it clear?

Win win for US and Trump - Israel gets to form relations with UAE, UAE spends money in USA on lobbying and purchasing weapons, and Trump gets to claim all the credit.
I like your mindset.
Question is when Isreal has now become UAEs ally/bed buddy then why would Israel object..
Perhaps maybe they want deals with the UAE that would benefit them for Israel to support that sale. ;)
One thing I’m sure of is that if the Gulf states wanted to tear the QME they would, it’s just not their priority since they and Israel are allies on many directions.

I dont understand the sense of buy weapons with hardware backdoors that it could be easily hacked by the manufacturer.
Better bad weapons built by yourself than good weapons with backdoors by a twisted state which is always trying to trigger a war in ME.

I don't think they need it at the moment, they need bigger army and bigger landmass. GCC military alliance is needed for them to pack more punch and deter bigger threats. I don't see any initiative within the GCC to create that, seems UAE-Saudi are the closer two and even they have disagreements on the ground.

You can't get F35 and be passive country with passive security policies. And without serious experience like UK has from previous wars.

Bit difficult for them to know how to use these since they dont have them..... as yet.
i think there is alot of misconception against the arabs and specially emiratis in the south asia, but having born and raised here in abu dhabi i can confidentally say these guys have litrally pushed their new generation to the utmost profesionalism, not even a single emirati boy or a girl is less than post graduate and that too from universities of USA and UK. i think its high time for our ppl to come out of dream world that arabs are uncapable.

i think there is alot of misconception against the arabs and specially emiratis in the south asia, but having born and raised here in abu dhabi i can confidentally say these guys have litrally pushed their new generation to the utmost profesionalism, not even a single emirati boy or a girl is less than post graduate and that too from universities of USA and UK. i think its high time for our ppl to come out of dream world that arabs are uncapable.
I agree, at least Gulf countries excel in education unlike war torn Arab countries. They lead by example to many other Arabs.
Furthermore they plan to improve in non oil industries on the long run.

Back
Top Bottom