What's new

Featured The Trump administration is pushing to sell F-35 fighter jets and drones to UAE

i think there is alot of misconception against the arabs and specially emiratis in the south asia, but having born and raised here in abu dhabi i can confidentally say these guys have litrally pushed their new generation to the utmost profesionalism, not even a single emirati boy or a girl is less than post graduate and that too from universities of USA and UK. i think its high time for our ppl to come out of dream world that arabs are uncapable.

I've also spent 5+ years in UAE, working and traveling extensively in GCC, and I can say the new gen of Emiraties are very well educated, very well aware of the world around them, hard working, and they love their culture and country. There is good and bad in every country but overall its one of the best places to live and work IMHO.

I don't think they need it at the moment, they need bigger army and bigger landmass. GCC military alliance is needed for them to pack more punch and deter bigger threats. I don't see any initiative within the GCC to create that, seems UAE-Saudi are the closer two and even they have disagreements on the ground.

You can't get F35 and be passive country with passive security policies. And without serious experience like UK has from previous wars.
What is the GCC?

Main security agreements

In 1984, the GCC established a standing coalition land force, the Peninsular Shield Force, tasked to defend the six nation states. It is composed of infantry, armour, artillery and combat support elements from each of the states, numbering 40,000 in total.
The 1994 GCC Security Agreement explicitly prohibited illegal arms trading and promoted using the newest technologies to combat arms trafficking.
The 2000 Joint Defence Agreement was signed to develop a joint military industry for arms manufacturing.
The 2004 GCC Counter-Terrorism Agreement was adopted, and two years later, a permanent committee on "terrorism" was founded.
In November 2012, Kuwait became the last member state to ratify the Internal Security Pact at the GCC summit in Bahrain. It called for closer coordination of internal security and surveillance policies, in addition to greater information sharing and unified plans for joint actions.
The pact was initially introduced in 1982, then again in 1994, when it was approved by Saudi Arabia, Bahrain and Oman. Qatar and the UAE later followed suit.

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2017/12/gcc-171204094537378.html

UAE's F-16E is the most advanced F-16 in the world. I think Turkey's version is Block 50 which is a tad less advanced than Israel's Block 52.
Nope, the Block 50 is better than the Block 52, powered by GE and PW respectively, the GE has more thrust, better overall quality and GE provides a good level of independence when it comes to engine maintenance than their PW counterparts, most of Egypt’s F-16 losses were ones who were powered by PW, including a recent crash for a Block 32 in Aswan, Egypt reported on approach. Also, how do we know that the Israeli F-16 Block52 is more advanced than the TSK’s F-16? I believe there is nothing known about the Israeli modification, better communication system? This said, the Turkish F-16s can have minor modifications that we don’t know about.

Back
Top Bottom