What's new

The Top 10 Armies You Don't Want to Fight.

Sorry for Iran and Pakistan. Both don't deserve in top 10 list. Even iran should be at 30 or 31 number.
Reason: You can't defend the country with F14 jets "which has no after sale service from USA".
Only strong slogans and death to other country speeches are not harmful. Are you living in dream land??. You are keeping at stake life of civilians and want to defend the country with f14 garbage?? Soon you will realize mistake when USA and Israel will attack you.
Yes there were few great Scientist. But this is past now...
And about Pakistan it deserve at number 13 or 14.
Reason, Some advance jets from home production line Kamra, Cruise missiles, Conventional missiles, Submarines, frigates, Nuclear power, some AWACS and HQs....
You put Iran in 31 and Pakistan in 13?Wow that just amazes me.Can you explain more?

To be honest I was a bit hesitant to put them in there, but they have some advantages. For example they are a recognized nuclear power, they have a permanent seat in the UNSC, they have the world's fourth military expenditure, they control a huge part of the international media and their scientific prowess is admirable. The UK must not be underestimated I think, They are still an important global power from many aspects. That's why I put them fifth.

I put Pakistan 6th because it has a huge population around 180 million people and her nuclear arsenal is growing. Also I believe Pakistan will play an important role in the region in the future. The only disadvantage of Israel is probably its small size, if not, I would've put them 6th. Also, we should not forget that the UK and Israel are militarily independent, while India, Pakistan, Turkey, South Korea and many other countries on that list are militarily dependent to others to some extents.

Israel is militarily independent? UK is militarily independent?

Can you remind me which planes the RAF and IDF-AF use, and whether they are completely made in the UK or in Israel?

Pakistan does not even deserve to be on that list, what country and its armed forces with self respect, honor, and dignity will allow a foreign power to come in and butcher its soldiers and civilians daily repeatedly and make empty promises to the people? Only one country as of now fits the above definition and that is Pakistan.

I believe it's the wariness of the Pakistani government that Pakistan does not stand against the US drone attacks. Pakistan does have the military capability to stand firm against the USA and forces them to stop bombing its soil, but the Pakistani government are just excessively wary in dealing with the USA. If the USA wants to punish Pakistan, it has many levers against Pakistan, while Pakistan has almost no levers against the USA except strong alliance with Iran which can hurt Pakistan's relations with Saudi Arabia and other regional countries. They can impose heavy unilateral sanctions on Pakistan, they can strengthen India and impose tough military sanctions on Pakistan, they can gain the support of the "international community!" to isolate Pakistan and many other things. Moreover, if this happens, then Pakistan will face a very tough decision, because then it'll have to rethink its foreign policy regarding Saudi Arabia and Iran which will be the hardest decision for Pakistan's foreign policy in the region I think. Things could get too messy if Pakistan firmly reacts to the US drone attacks. I think Pakistan is military capable of standing firm against the US drone attacks, but the consequences of this decision do not justify it.

'

Dude, South Korean navy has some advanced destroyers.

770px-ROKS_Sejong_the_Great_%28DDG_991%29.jpg

None of the components are South Korean except the paint. Goalkeeper CIWS from Netherlands, US radar, US missiles, Japanese hull design (which itself was ripped off an American hull design).

1) USA
2) Russia
3) China
4) India
5) UK
6) Turkey
7) North Korea
8) France
9) Pakistan
10) South Korea
11) Israel
12) Iran
13) Japan
14) Germany
15) Brazil

Israel is militarily independent? UK is militarily independent?

Can you remind me which planes the RAF and IDF-AF use, and whether they are completely made in the UK or in Israel?

I meant it in a relative scale. The UK developed Harrier which was one of the earliest successful Vertical/Short take off & landing aircrafts. Didn't it? It also operates Typhoon.
Israel has a good defense industry. They don't build jet fighters themselves, but they do produce other good quality military equipments.
Does that make them dependent in your opinion?

I believe it's the wariness of the Pakistani government that Pakistan does not stand against the US drone attacks. Pakistan does have the military capability to stand firm against the USA and forces them to stop bombing its soil, but the Pakistani government are just excessively wary in dealing with the USA. If the USA wants to punish Pakistan, it has many levers against Pakistan, while Pakistan has almost no levers against the USA except strong alliance with Iran which can hurt Pakistan's relations with Saudi Arabia and other regional countries. They can impose heavy unilateral sanctions on Pakistan, they can strengthen India and impose tough military sanctions on Pakistan, they can gain the support of the "international community!" to isolate Pakistan and many other things. Moreover, if this happens, then Pakistan will face a very tough decision, because then it'll have to rethink its foreign policy regarding Saudi Arabia and Iran which will be the hardest decision for Pakistan's foreign policy in the region I think. Things could get too messy if Pakistan firmly reacts to the US drone attacks. I think Pakistan is military capable of standing firm against the US drone attacks, but the consequences of this decision do not justify it.

I'm not saying we should confront them militarily as that would be complete suicide, at least we should put an end to the slaughter of our people using diplomatic means, there should be no excuse for the justification for the slaughter of innocent civilians.

I meant it in a relative scale. The UK developed Harrier which was one of the earliest successful Vertical/Short take off & landing aircrafts. Didn't it? It also operates Typhoon.
Israel has a good defense industry. They don't build jet fighters themselves, but they do produce other good quality military equipments.
they did made jets you know they made the kfir though it was based on the mirage
they also made a modern 4 gen jet the lavi but uncle sam had problems with it so they had to stop it

I'm not saying we should confront them militarily as that would be complete suicide, at least we should put an end to the slaughter of our people using diplomatic means, there should be no excuse for the justification for the slaughter of innocent civilians.

The language of the USA, as a super power, is not diplomacy unfortunately. For them diplomacy means that you should accept their conditions completely and then they'll give you promises and some concessions for that. That's how diplomacy works with the USA in my opinion.

yes.

If they can't make something from 100% indigenous components it is imported. This is the standard that's applied to China and should be the standard applied to everyone else.

yes.

If they can't make something from 100% indigenous components it is imported. This is the standard that's applied to China and should be the standard applied to everyone else.

Then would you tell me which countries are militarily independent in your opinion please? With your definition I think even the USA and Russia are militarily dependent countries.

Israel:
3 corvettes frm early 90s.
3 dolphin subs
rest are missile boats
19500 manpower.

Israeli army:
125k manpower
small number of mbts and arty

Israeli airforce:
100+ f-16s
42+25= f-15

Same goes for south korea... compare them both to Pakistan and see the result.

those 3 dolphin subs are supposed to be equipped with popeye nuke missiles.....and in israel every man and woman is a soldier...

anyway i would agree that in army pakistan and israel would fare equal.
in navy again they would most probably again fare equal..
in airforce israel performs better than pakistan....technology provides for the huge huge margin...

You put Iran in 31 and Pakistan in 13?Wow that just amazes me.Can you explain more?
You need real War machines. As Israel have best defense system in the world, and leave their F15, they have missile system on jet which can destroy 10+ jets in no time. France have frigates, Destroyers, submarines, Mirages, Rafales... Pakistan have Jf17, mirages, f16, Submarines, frigates, Nuclear capable Cruise missiles, Conventional missiles, AWACS, HQs, POP EYE, nuclear power, Spada2000+, UAVs, Harpoon missiles,World latest Al-khalid tanks, Hackers , Pilot skills
India is 5th because of nuclear capable cruise & conventional missiles, latest jets, submarines(including nuclear), aircraft carrier, AWACS, Destroyers..................

Now you show your war machines if you have....

1- United States Of America
2- Russia
3- China
4- India
5- Pakistan

Rest any country can fight each other doesn't matter.

1) USA
2) Russia
3) China
4) India
5) UK
6) Turkey
7) North Korea
8) France
9) Pakistan
10) South Korea
11) Israel
12) Iran
13) Japan
14) Germany
15) Brazil

This makes better sense though I'd place Israel and Japan higher. France... you know how they fought historically. :azn: As to China, it hasn't been involved in any real war in over 30 years and this generation of soldiers are no where near to those fought the Korean War in terms of pretty much everything other than that they can operate computers. So even 3rd place could be challenged.

Back
Top Bottom