What's new

The Reign of Non-History

Yup. He was equally hated in Karnataka too. He changed the name of all cities to Islamic names which were changed back to local names once he died.

Tipu Sultan Originated the Salaam Aarati at Kollur: Vijaya Karnataka | IndiaFacts
He was hated only in Mangalore,kodagu and uduppi sides,especially among thulus and konkani Catholics...I have seen his big cutouts,posters across mysore and mandya sides..Still many peoples(local Kannadigas) there seen him as a Veera Kesari and demi god status among Karnataka Muslims.
Karnataka government is planning to construct a new university after tippu chulthan..says more about their love for tippu chultan...

He was hated only in Mangalore,kodagu and uduppi sides,especially among thulus and konkani Catholics...I have seen his big cutouts,posters across mysore and mandya sides..Still many peoples(local Kannadigas) there seen him as a Veera Kesari and demi god status among Karnataka Muslims.
Karnataka government is planning to construct a new university after tippu chulthan..says more about their love for tippu chultan...

That is the power of propaganda and end result of peddling "secular" history.

This perversion remains true for all parts of India.

Nonsense. Apart from Muslims and Congrezzies, no one else likes him. Many do not know what he has done because they read "secular history."

Nonsense. Apart from Muslims and Congrezzies, no one else likes him. Many do not know what he has done because they read "secular history."

Is that why the great Kannada hero Vijay Mallya bid Rs. 1.71 Crores to buy the sword of tipu sultan ? MoFu do not have money to pay for the salaries of his staff but spends his wealth this way. :sick:

imagesCAD5E2MF.jpg

Is that why Govt. of India take out stamp in his name and do not issue any stamp for the Dharma Raja ?

untitledAASSSD.png

Is that why the great Kannada hero Vijay Mallya bid Rs. 1.71 Crores to buy the sword of tipu sultan ? MoFu do not have money to pay for the salaries of his staff but spends his wealth this way. :sick:

imagesCAD5E2MF.jpg

Is that why Govt. of India take out stamp in his name and do not issue any stamp for the Dharma Raja ?

untitledAASSSD.png

Vijay Mallaya is half-Bengali who was born and brought up in Calcutta. So you know where his sikularism comes from. Karnataka has been ruled for a long time by Congress as was most of India, so people here have grown up reading secular history. Now where was my view in conflict with what you said above?

The history you pasted about Tipu was taken from review of Sandeep Balkrishna's book, Tipu Sultan - The Tyrant of Mysore. Sandeep is a Kannadiga, is the CEO of IndiaFacts and used to run the blog SandepWeb. So where do you get from it that Kannadigas love Tipu Sultan? The likes of Girish Karnad and UR Ananthamurthy who love Tipu are cursed like anything. People sent money order to UR Ananthamurthy when he said he would leave India should Modi get elected.

Addendum: UR Ananthamurthy did indeed leave India since Modi got elected, not only India he left Earth itself last month.

Last edited:
I have NEVER mentioned ANYTHING about conversions of Hindus in Coorg. You should know better than to use Stawmen defence. LOL to see you get thanked for that.
.......... The cruelties which Tipu Sultan committed in Coorg, has no parallel in history. On one occasion, he forcibly converted over tenthousand Hindus to Muhammadanism. On
another occasion, he captured and converted to Islam more than one thousand Hindu Coorgis before imprisoning them in the Sreerangapatanam fortress. In the period of confusion and anarchy prevailing in Sreerangapatanam during the last war of Tipu Sultan against the British, all the Coorgi
prisoners escaped from the prison and became Hindus again after reaching their native kingdom. Against the solemn oath given to the
Raja of Coorg, Tipu Sultan forcibly abducted a young princess from the Coorg royal family and made her his wife against her will.....

At present(2011) Muslim population(including recent Malayali Muslim immigrants) of Coorgie district is around 18% ie appr 99000 out of 550000.....

.......... The cruelties which Tipu Sultan committed in Coorg, has no parallel in history. On one occasion, he forcibly converted over tenthousand Hindus to Muhammadanism. On
another occasion, he captured and converted to Islam more than one thousand Hindu Coorgis before imprisoning them in the Sreerangapatanam fortress. In the period of confusion and anarchy prevailing in Sreerangapatanam during the last war of Tipu Sultan against the British, all the Coorgi
prisoners escaped from the prison and became Hindus again after reaching their native kingdom. Against the solemn oath given to the
Raja of Coorg, Tipu Sultan forcibly abducted a young princess from the Coorg royal family and made her his wife against her will.....

At present(2011) Muslim population(including recent Malayali Muslim immigrants) of Coorgie district is around 18% ie appr 99000 out of 550000.....

You should tell this to @scorpionx who needs more proof, otherwise you are preaching to the choir.

You should tell this to @scorpionx who needs more proof, otherwise you are preaching to the choir.
I never said I need more proof. I said we need to inquire more to know about him because there has been an obvious absence of scholarly research about both Hyder Ali and Tipu. The forced conversion by Tipu has never been denied by any historians.But in defense of his religious tolerance they often draw examples of his other activities too. I said, only after such thorough examination I might assume something definite about him. I am a fence sitter as of now.

Vijay Mallaya is half-Bengali who was born and brought up in Calcutta. So you know where his sikularism comes from. Karnataka has been ruled for a long time by Congress as was most of India, so people here have grown up reading secular history. Now where was my view in conflict with what you said above?

Very Immature remark. A antique piece with historic importance is a national asset.

Last edited:
I never said I need more proof. I said we need to inquire more to know about him because there has been an obvious absence of scholarly research about both Hyder Ali and Tipu. The forced conversion by Tipu has never been denied by any historians.But in defense of his religious tolerance they often draw examples of his other activities too. I said, only after such thorough examination I might assume something definite about him. I am a fence sitter as of now.

You mean unless a historian tells you that Sun rise in the East and sets in the West you wont believe it does so? Facts upon facts have been dumped here on this thread and you are a fence sitter? Ee ki babumoshai?

You mean unless a historian tells you that Sun rise in the East and sets in the West you wont believe it does so? Facts upon facts have been dumped here on this thread and you are a fence sitter? Ee ki babumoshai?
Ok baba. He was a bigot. Happy? :D

Very Immature remark. A antique piece with historic importance is a national asset.

Human emotions are more worthier than some artifacts of a bigot. No country celebrates its villains like the seculars in India have made Indians do. Just see what happened in ex-Soviet Union countries when they destroyed all Lenin's statues.

Congrats to you too for becoming senior. :-)

Oh I did not notice that. Thanks.

Human emotions are more worthier than some artifacts of a bigot. No country celebrates its villains like the seculars in India have made Indians do. Just see what happened in ex-Soviet Union countries when they destroyed all Lenin's statues.

Oh I did not notice that. Thanks.
There are differences between historic artifacts and emblems of a political ideology. The thousand years old artifacts beneath the sea near Dwarka has no national identity but still we have to excavate these because they hold some value to Indian history.

There are differences between historic artifacts and emblems of a political ideology. The thousand years old artifacts beneath the sea near Dwarka has no national identity but still we have to excavate these because they hold some value to Indian history.

Wo wo wo wo. Hold yourself. How come Dwarka has no connection to our national identity? De facto India is a Hindu country and it is this Hindu identity which molded us as a nation, otherwise there is nothing to hold us together. So Dwarka is important to its historic identity. Comparing Dwarka with Tipu's silly sword is insane.

Back
Top Bottom