What's new

The Reign of Non-History

@kurup Tipu Sultan was a religious bigotary.
Christians ,Nairs and Brahmins were his prime opponents.
Tipu fought British bravely .But his aim was a Islamic India where minorities dont have any place.
Our demography in the Malabar began to change only after his invasion.

@kurup Tipu Sultan was a religious bigotary.
Christians ,Nairs and Brahmins were his prime opponents.
Tipu fought British bravely .But his aim was a Islamic India where minorities dont have any place.
Our demography in the Malabar began to change only after his invasion.

Untill I was using internet , I thought of him as a great patriot or it was portrayed as such by our education system .

I watched a DD Malayalam documentary few years back which explained religious bigotry he showcased in Kerala .

But it is accused that Marxist historians white washed his crimes and gave him a patriotic look .

Hence my question .

He was an opportunist.

Can you explain a lit bit more ??

Untill I was using internet , I thought of him as a great patriot or it was portrayed as such by our education system .

I watched a DD Malayalam documentary few years back which explained religious bigotry he showcased in Kerala .

But it is accused that Marxist historians white washed his crimes and gave him a patriotic look .

Hence my question .

Our history syllabus are much diluted sometimes it is good for the childrens Sometimes it is bad.
Perhaps our Marxist idiots only think about his nationality.
Whatever it he was an Indian.
But in future that not gonna work because of the internet.

Since I am very illiterate as far as history is concerned , I cannot contribute anything worthy to the discussion .

As we are debating Marxist v/s Right Leaning historians , can you have a discussion on how both see Tipu Sultan (Patriot v/s Religious bigot)

@SarthakGanguly , @Joe Shearer , @Bang Galore , @INDIC , @Indrani , @nair , @levina , @Ravi Nair , @SpArK , @abjktu , @sreekumar , @Butchcassidy , @kalanirnay
Waste of time. He himself was proud of his 'work'. His palaces with court chronicles are there for all to see. No one reads them (instead focus on pictures :D )is another matter. Who are we to claim otherwise?

But most historians - 'Marxist' or otherwise do acknowledge his crimes. The freedom fighter tag is a more recent phenomenon.

Hence my question .

Kurup dont minsunderstand me when I blame it on Mr.Nehru again.
Post our independence Nehru’s India required legitimization of its Islamic past to fulfill its “secular agenda” and creation of a new India devoid of communal tensions of its medieval past. In short...they needed to invent new ‘secular and Muslim heroes in Indian History’ and that became the objective of historical writing.
But the nefarious activities Tipu sultan was involved in gives me shudders.
Posting an extract from a book "Voyage to east Indies".....
"Most of the women and children were hanged in Calicut, first mothers were hanged and their children tied to necks of mothers. That barbarian Tipu Sultan tied the naked Christians and Hindus to the legs of Elephants and made the elephants to move around till the bodies of the helpless victims were torn to pieces

Kurup dont minsunderstand me when I blame it on Mr.Nehru again.

No probs .... I never liked him .

Post our independence Nehru’s India required legitimization of its Islamic past to fulfill its “secular agenda” and creation of a new India devoid of communal tensions of its medieval past. In short...they needed to invent new ‘secular and Muslim heroes in Indian History’ and that became the objective of historical writing.

The famous pseudo seculars ...... or in this case Marxist historians ..... right .

But the nefarious activities Tipu sultan was involved in gives me shudders.
Posting an extract from a book "Voyage to east Indies".....
"Most of the women and children were hanged in Calicut, first mothers were hanged and their children tied to necks of mothers. That barbarian Tipu Sultan tied the naked Christians and Hindus to the legs of Elephants and made the elephants to move around till the bodies of the helpless victims were torn to pieces

Never knew he was such a cruel SOB .

And this is the person many Indians calls a great patriot ..... :hitwall:

The Marxist historians have whitewashed even worst Muslim crimes up North. They have literally made heroes of all butchers of Hindus, Buddhists, and Jains. Perhaps according to them Hindus are subhuman beings who do not have a right over their history and do not deserve any justice.

The famous pseudo seculars ...... or in this case Marxist historians ..... right .

They have named an Indian Navy Ship Tipu Sultan. They are going to name a new university in Karnataka after him.

There's another aspect of Tipu Sultan that we should not forget.The mysore rockets were so famous that NASA also keeps a pic of Tipu sultan in its HQ (I know I am saying this for the Nth time:P )
Mysorean rockets - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

image.jpg

The Marxist historians have whitewashed even worst Muslim crimes up North. They have literally made heroes of all butchers of Hindus, Buddhists, and Jains. Perhaps according to them Hindus are subhuman beings who do not have a right over their history and do not deserve any justice.

They have named an Indian Navy Ship Tipu Sultan. They are going to name a new university in Karnataka after him.

Nothing new and I'm not surprised .

2014 Republic Day plot by Karnataka ,

tipu_650_012614042204.jpg

Nothing new and I'm not surprised .

2014 Republic Day plot by Karnataka ,

tipu_650_012614042204.jpg

LOL. This Dasara they are planning to have Girish Karnad as the chief guest for Dasara in Mysore. Girish Karnad who is an atheist, Hindu hater, and Tipu Sultan lover.

Since I am very illiterate as far as history is concerned , I cannot contribute anything worthy to the discussion .

As we are debating Marxist v/s Right Leaning historians , can you have a discussion on how both see Tipu Sultan (Patriot v/s Religious bigot)

Tipur Sultan was fighting to save his kingdom, every king would have done that. He was no different from Ghaznavi or Aurangzeb in bigotry, killings and defiling the paces of worship of other faiths.

Hence my question .

Tipu Sultan was undoubtedly a very brave person personally. However his other character attributes/faults are dependent on where you look at him from. In South Canara/Dakshina Kannada & Kerala, you clearly have a very strong view on his bigotry but in the Mysore state proper(including Bangalore), his reputation is very different as a brave warrior with no stain of bigotry attached. It is why you find very few in this area having the same opinion that many hold in Kerala or DK.

Waste of time. He himself was proud of his 'work'. His palaces with court chronicles are there for all to see. No one reads them (instead focus on pictures :D )is another matter. Who are we to claim otherwise?

But most historians - 'Marxist' or otherwise do acknowledge his crimes. The freedom fighter tag is a more recent phenomenon.

I believe the TV series is to be blamed for it. I was too unaware of it most of my life until I read about the captivity of Christians in Srilingapatna and his military missions in North Kerala. Where I read it, on the internet.

There's another aspect of Tipu Sultan that we should not forget.The mysore rockets were so famous that NASA also keeps a pic of Tipu sultan in its HQ (I know I am saying this for the Nth time:P )
Mysorean rockets - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

View attachment 48027

I have read about it earlier too .

The orginal ,

worlds+first+rocket.jpg

LOL. This Dasara they are planning to have Girish Karnad as the chief guest for Dasara in Mysore. Girish Karnad who is an atheist, Hindu hater, and Tipu Sultan lover.

Looks like the sickularists are hell bent on destroying our true history and white wash the atrocities committed by the "secular" rulers .

Back
Top Bottom