What's new

The Race to Bring Quantum Teleportation to Your World

Seems something out of the fiction book or movie, but then not so long ago even fax machine was something ppl were not ready to believe either. Hoping that this technology is developed for peaceful purposes

Seems something out of the fiction book or movie, but then not so long ago even fax machine was something ppl were not ready to believe either. Hoping that this technology is developed for peaceful purposes

Not so much sci-fi as you think, the thread title should be changed to 'Quantum Communication' because Teleportation is a less accurate description of what this actually is (What pops into your head first when you hear teleportation?).

It is a very interesting field though, I look forward to seeing how it progresses. Militarily it provides secure communications, but it is still dependent on satellites, so while effective against lower level powers it is effectively just as vulnerable against large powers as modern communications.

Unless I missed something.

Not so much sci-fi as you think, the thread title should be changed to 'Quantum Communication' because Teleportation is a less accurate description of what this actually is (What pops into your head first when you hear teleportation?).

It is a very interesting field though, I look forward to seeing how it progresses. Militarily it provides secure communications, but it is still dependent on satellites, so while effective against lower level powers it is effectively just as vulnerable against large powers as modern communications.

So according to your definition it should work perfectly well against lower level powers like the USA.
I agree with that.

Definition is correct. Teleportation means creating one object while dissociating other, both being exact copy.

“Once you disembody the state of one of particle, you can then recreate the particle in remote copy,” said physicist and computer scientist Charles Bennett of IBM, who co-authored the first paper on quantum teleportation in 1993.

Conspicuously, the U.S. is far behind the pack because of a bureaucratic reshuffling that left quantum communication research experiments without government support in 2008.

For people to look at one scenario.

We don't be sure if US has really made progress and using it for military purposes to test and to use. In this case, the project will remain hidden.

But China is certainly moving ahead and learning curve is reaching to US level and even getting ahead in certain fields. (debatable, reader's discretion advised)

Articles has most of the answers for questions you guys have,

Quantum communication is the entire process, quantum teleportation. Is part of the process. Q T along with transfer of data about those measurements at the sender side Via Laser beam and then the opposite measurements are done at the decoder end and this will reveal the data sent.

Only sender and receiver knows the particle states and measurements taken.

You missed many things. They will be dependent of satellites, that's given. Laser is used to transmit the data to satellite and satellite relays the data to receiver end. Now you can send lot of information through the process with very less time. Reason being you are sending just the states of the particles' with speed of light.

Kindly read about quantum states of sub-atomic particles. Entangled pairs and how the Measurement itself affects the system of these sub-atomic particles.

Unlike India, China never faced attacks from terrible Arabs and euro barb invasions. Im sure if india had more independence then it would have faced more properity in science an tech. I hope apl asians nations leave the disputes behind and work for progress.

When did Arabs invade India?
I thought we only reached Pakistan? Or do you consider all Muslims as Arabs?

So according to your definition it should work perfectly well against lower level powers like the USA.
I agree with that.

Your government acknowledges we are stronger, I don't have to bother with your drivel.

you are blind, lazy or illiterate! We lead usa follows!

In what fantasyland do you live in? The US leads, china follows, this is a given fact, not an opinion.

Beam me up scotty.

but seriously, Quantum and Nano-tech fields are two of my most favorite subjects in science, although i don't understand either.

lol ....ok i always ask this whenever some dude theorizes teleportation and supposedly it works on humans.

once disintegrated would u consider the reintegrated & teleported human on he other side the same person?

no BS ,sensible answered would be appreciated.

Of course it's the same person. In fact, this is something that already happens--every atom that comprises our bodies gets replaced many times throughout our lifetimes. Think about it, we eat and drink many times our body weight each year, and we're constantly excreting parts of us via urine, feces, glands, and all sorts of other ways. We literally replace every atom in our body every few years. All this teleportation stuff would do is make that into a single instant instead of years.

Of course it's the same person. In fact, this is something that already happens--every atom that comprises our bodies gets replaced many times throughout our lifetimes. Think about it, we eat and drink many times our body weight each year, and we're constantly excreting parts of us via urine, feces, glands, and all sorts of other ways. We literally replace every atom in our body every few years. All this teleportation stuff would do is make that into a single instant instead of years.

Sry tht logic has nothing to do with my point. ill make it clearer,

,let me present u an alternative conundrum , very similar. a person get fully cloned.

Now there is no distinguishing factor between the two from the memories emotions to all physical characteristics..... now lets say the original humanoid is killed off and the clone survives ...do u think the clone is the same person?

this is pretty much the exact same thing.

Well one discuss teleportation of humans, the main argument comes out is Soul of human being about which we don't know.

Dressed atoms get to be qubits for longer, show promise for quantum computing

Microwaves and nitrogen vacancy centers resist noise better.

by Chris Lee - Oct 8 2012, 2:30am -800

I seem to write a lot of articles about quantum computing. You might even think I was obsessed or something. But, I believe that, once we have a useful quantum computer, it will be one of those technologies that we wonder how we ever did without. And by we, I mean scientists. One of the big applications for quantum computers is to solve quantum mechanical problems. And quantum problems are things like the properties of molecules, solids, and liquids.

Without a quantum computer, we will never really know what is possible in terms of new materials. But, to make a quantum computer possible, we need a quantum bit (qubit) that can be protected from unwanted disruptions. To make this possible, a group of researchers from the University of Science and Technology in China have shown that dressing an atom may be the way to go.

Dressed atoms get to be qubits for longer, show promise for quantum computing | Ars Technica

Back
Top Bottom